How to Get Duplicate Two Wheeler Insurance Copy Online?
Published On Jul 30, 2020 5:30 AM By Sakshi
Don't be clueless about how to apply for a duplicate insurance copy. Read along.
Table of Contents
India is one of those countries that is home to the largest number of two-wheelers. Be it bikes, scooters, or any other two-wheeler, it cannot be denied that the demand for two-wheelers in India is immensely high. So, to ensure the right use of two-wheelers, the government of India has implemented certain laws. According to the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, it is a compulsion for every two-wheeler owner to get their two-wheeler insured. A violation of this can result in penalties. So, in case you haven’t purchased one, then it is best to get one as soon as possible to ensure no legal or financial liability in the future.
What Is Two-wheeler Insurance?
A two-wheeler is an agreement that is signed between the insured and insurer and specifies the terms and conditions of the insurance. Two-wheeler insurance ensures the protection of both you and your two-wheeler against any accident, damage, and other unforeseen circumstances. Moreover, you can also take the advantage of third-party liability with two-wheeler insurance.
Owing to all of these, the significance of a two-wheeler insurance copy is huge and its absence could get you into trouble. Thus, one of the best preventive measures to secure is to hold a soft copy of the two-wheeler insurance policy document. Physical copies could get damaged by water, wind, fire, or natural calamities or could get misplaced or get lost. Therefore, several insurance companies now offer soft copies of two-wheeler policy documents, which bike owners could carry easily wherever they go. It also allows you to immediately retrieve and get your documents from the insurer’s website anytime which makes it safe and secured. So, read on to find out how to get duplicate two-wheeler insurance online.
Steps To Get Duplicate Two Wheeler Insurance Copy Online
Lost or misplaced your two-wheeler insurance? Here are some easy steps to get a duplicate of your two-wheeler insurance online:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of your insurance provider.
- Step 2: Then, select the type of policy, here two-wheeler insurance.
- Step 3: Enter your policy details like policy number, mobile number, etc.
- Step 4: Then, enter OTP as prompted. Also, verify your profile, if asked.
- Step 5: After verification, view, print, or download your two-wheeler policy.
Alternatively, you can also get in touch with your insurer to get a hard copy of the two-wheeler. For the same, you can simply call on their toll-free number and get the required assistance. You can also get a copy of a two-wheeler policy through an offline mode or even purchase a new two-wheeler insurance policy. So, we have also enumerated how to purchase new two-wheeler insurance with InsuranceDekho.
Steps To Download New Two-wheeler Insurance Policy On InsuranceDekho
Scroll through the section below to know all about the steps to download a new two-wheeler insurance policy from InsuranceDekho:
- Step 1: Visit our website and explore the bike insurance section.
- Step 2: Select the two-wheeler insurance option and a drop-down menu will appear. Select the type of insurance you would like to purchase.
- Step 3: Enter the required details such as bike registration number or make, model, and year of registration. Select the “Get Your Quote” button.
- Step 4: Your personal details, i.e., name and phone number will be required. After you have provided the information the insurance plans for your category will be available on your screen.
- Step 5: Choose the best option based on your budget and requirement and then select the add-ons of your choice.
- Step 6: Make the payment for your chosen policy and the policy document will be sent to your registered mobile number. For any other queries, you can also reach out to our customer care team or call on our toll-free number 7551196989.
In a nutshell, it is very important that you keep your two-wheeler insurance policy handy so that you can easily provide it as and when required. Moreover, you should always keep a soft copy of your policy to avoid any discrepancy during the time of claim settlement. You can even use mobile applications like mParivahan and DigiLocker in order to keep a digital copy of your bike insurance plan safe alongside other documents like your driving license and registration certificate.
How to Get Bike Insurance Details by Registration Number
Two Wheeler Insurance Claim Settlement
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.