Individual Health Insurance
Individual health insurance plans offer coverage for several healthcare expenses to an individual, as per the sum insured chosen and premium paid. On the premium paid for these plans, one can avail of tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Tax BenefitUp to 75000**
- Claim SupportEveryday 10AM-7PM
- 45 Lacs+Happy Customers
*Standard Terms and Conditions Apply.
**Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
An individual health insurance plan is a type of health insurance that covers the health care expenses of the insured individual. It pays for the hospitalisation and surgical expenses of the policyholder up to the sum insured limit. It can also be purchased along with a company-sponsored health insurance plan for extended coverage as the company-sponsored policies do not always offer adequate coverage. One of the best things is that individual health insurance plans are highly customizable and let the policy buyer select from a range of coverage features. These plans are renewable for a lifetime and one can avail of tax benefits under Section 80D on the premium paid for them.
Best Individual Health Insurance Plans in India for July 2022
With so many individual health insurance plans in the market, it might be a daunting task to choose the most suitable one. So, here we have compiled a list of top individual health insurance plans offered by popular health insurance companies, along with their benefits:
Health Insurance Company
Health Insurance Plans
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
Oriental Health Insurance
Star Health And Allied Insurance
United India Insurance
Universal Sompo General Insurance
Need For Individual Health Insurance
An individual health insurance plan helps the insured to manage their finances during an unexpected medical emergency. As the healthcare expenses are on rising in India, and the lifestyle changes have made everyone prone to several illnesses, it is recommended for all to have an individual health insurance policy that offers them adequate coverage. Be it a person with high health risks, or an individual with other family members already insured, or a person yet to start a family, an individual health insurance plan is always an ideal choice to insure health.
Benefits Of Individual Health Insurance
An individual health insurance plan offers the policy buyers the following benefits:
1. Wide and complete coverage against healthcare expenses
2. Available at an affordable premium
3. Freedom to customize the plan
4. Tax benefits under section 80D of the Income Tax Act
5. Availability of no claim bonus as a reward for not making any claim.
How Many Members Can Be Covered Under an Individual Health Insurance?
As the name suggests, an individual health insurance plan allows insurance coverage only for one person.
Factors to Consider When Buying Individual Health Insurance
With many health insurance companies offering individual health insurance plans, it can become difficult for someone to choose the plan which suits their requirements in the best possible manner. To simplify the process, refer to the below-mentioned list of key factors that must be considered when purchasing an individual health insurance plan:
1. Sum Insured: One should go for a sufficient sum insured amount, otherwise one may have to compromise or pay from own pocket at the time of claim.
2. Inclusions And Exclusions: Before buying a health insurance policy, check its inclusions and exclusions thoroughly. The policy buyer must be aware of what the policy is offering to avoid any discrepancy at the time of claim.
3. Network Hospitals: One should go for individual health insurance plans that have a wide network of hospitals where the insured can avail of cashless treatment. This saves time at the time of emergency.
4. Additional Benefits: Several individual health insurance plans offer the insured additional benefits like daily hospital cash benefit, sum insured reinstatement, organ donor expenses, convalescence benefit, etc. One should opt for a policy with maximum benefits as per their requirement.
5. Premium: It may seem lucrative to buy an individual health insurance policy with a low premium. But it is only good if it offers extensive coverage to the insured, which is not always the case. So, it is recommended to choose a health insurance plan that comes at an affordable premium, yet offers sufficient benefits.
How to Buy Individual Health Insurance Plans Online At InsuranceDekho?
Buying individual health insurance plans online at InsuranceDekho just takes a few minutes. Follow the steps given below to own a policy:
1. Visit www.insurancedekho.com, and click on the ‘health’ tab.
2. Select Gender and enter your Name. Then enter your Mobile number. You will receive a One Time Password (OTP) on the given number. Please enter that.
3. Answer the question, ‘When you can purchase the health insurance policy?’ and click on the ‘View Instant Quotes’ button to proceed.
4. If you want to add family members along with yourself in the policy too, then select them and their age. Click on ‘Continue’.
5. Enter your Email ID and your city. Then click on the ‘Submit and View Quotes’ button.
6. You will see many health insurance quotes for individuals on your screen. Choose the most suitable one out of them considering your requirement and budget.
7. Select the policy term. Then enter the required details. Pay the health insurance premium online via any flexible mode of payment offered.
Individual health insurance plans can also be purchased offline at InsuranceDekho. All that is required is to contact the customer care executives.
Health Insurance Calculator
Whom do you want the insurance for ?
Select the age of all members
Where do you live ?
Choose required Coverage for yourself?
Health Insurance Coverage Calculator
Who do you want to insured ?
Age of eldest insured member ?
Where do you live ?
*Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
Choose Individual Health Insurance Plan With
- Royal Sundaram
- Universal Sompo
- Aditya Birla
- New India
- Tata AIG
- Bajaj Allianz
- IFFCO Tokio
- ICICI Lombard
- Future Generali
- Bharti AXA
- HDFC ERGO
- Cholamandalam MS
- Raheja QBE
- United India
- Magma HDI
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Choose a Health Insurance Plan For
Explore Health Insurance
Buy Critical Illness Health Insurance
FAQ About Individual Health Insurance
What is individual health insurance and how does it work?
As the name suggests, an individual health insurance plan is a health insurance policy purchased by an individual for themselves and their family on the basis of personal requirements and budget.
When should I buy an individual health insurance plan?
It is recommended to buy an individual insurance policy as soon as possible. Even if you are covered under a corporate health insurance policy, still, you must opt for an individual policy for extensive coverage. This insurance policy can be purchased by anyone even if they have a pre-existing disease.
What is covered under individual health insurance?
An individual health insurance plan covers all essential healthcare benefits such as cover for road ambulance expenses, daycare procedures, in-patient hospitalisation expenses, pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses, domiciliary hospitalisation expenses, organ donor expenses, etc. However, the coverage features may vary with different individual health insurance plans.
What is the waiting period for individual health insurance?
Individual health insurance plans generally come with an initial waiting period of at least 30 days. However, the waiting periods for pre-existing diseases range between 1 year and 4 years, and for that of specific diseases range between one-two years.
What are the eligibility criteria for individual health insurance?
Generally, the eligibility criteria for individual plans is 18 years to 60 years. However, the eligibility criteria vary from plan to plan.
Health Insurance Companies User Reviews
Health Insurance News
- Latest News
- Popular News
- Is National Insurance good?
National Insurance Company Limited, established in 1906, is ...01 July 2022
- How To Cancel Manipal Cigna Health Insurance Polic...
ManipalCigna Co. Ltd. became operational in 2019 when TTK so...01 July 2022
- Which Health Insurance Rebranded Itself As Care He...
Religare Health Insurance Company has rebranded itself as Ca...01 July 2022
- How To Check Manipal Cigna Health Insurance Policy...
ManipalCigna Health Insurance plans offer customers a number...01 July 2022
- How To Cancel Star Health Insurance Policy?
In the current scenario, having a health insurance policy is...01 July 2022
- Best Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plans To Buy ...
Senior citizens in a family must be protected with a separat...16 September 2021
- Can I Take The COVID-19 Vaccine If I Have Fever Or...
With the COVID-19 vaccines finally available for almost all ...23 May 2021
- Is Lasik Eye Surgery Covered In Health Insurance?
Some health insurance providers offer coverage for Lasik eye...21 September 2021
- Can You Get Insurance Cover For IVF Treatment In I...
Welcoming a baby in today’s world is a blessing that can be ...03 December 2021
- List of Diseases Covered In Health Insurance
A regular health insurance plan covers a wide range of disea...29 November 2021
*Standard T&C Apply. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers, which are subject to modification .For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure of respective insurers carefully before concluding a sale. Tax benefits are subject to changes in applicable tax laws. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, (CIN: U66010RJ2016PTC054811, Regd .Off: Girnar 21, Govind Marg, Moti Doongari Road, Dharam Singh Circle, Jaipur, Rajasthan- 302004; Corp. Off: Second and Third Floor, Plot no.301, Phase-2, Udyog Vihar, Gurugram-122022, Haryana, India. IRDAI License no 588. Direct Broker (Life & General) valid till 19th March 2023. Email - email@example.com ; Helpline number: 7551196989.
You authorise Girnar Insurance Brokers Pvt Ltd (insurancedekho) to contact you through call, SMS, email, WhatsApp or any other mode in future. You hereby override your NDNC registration.