Why Should I Buy an Individual Health Insurance?
An Individual Health Insurance Plan can help you manage your finances during an unexpected medical emergency.
Whether you are a person with high health risks, an individual with other family members already insured or a person yet to start a family, an Individual Health Insurance Plan is always an ideal choice to insure your health.
Benefits Of Individual Health Insurance
- Wide and complete coverage
- More affordable premium due to low risk
- Freedom to customize the plan
- Tax benefits under section 80D of the Income Tax Act
- Availability of no claim bonus as a reward for not making any claim.
How Many Members Can Be Covered Under an Individual Health Insurance?
As the name suggests, an individual health insurance plan allows insurance coverage only for one person.
How To Buy the Best Individual Health Insurance?
With many health insurance companies offering Individual Health Insurance Plans, it can become difficult for you to choose the plan which suits your requirements in the best possible manner.
Refer to the below-mentioned list of key factors which you must consider while purchasing an Individual Health Insurance plan:
- Tenure of the policy
- Age restrictions on renewal option, if any
- Sum insured range
- Pre-hospitalisation & post-hospitalization expenses coverage
- Waiting period for pre-existing diseases
- The network of insurer partner hospitals offering cashless claim facility
- Plan coverage
- Additional benefits like daily hospital cash benefit, sum insured reinstatement, organ donor expenses, convalescence benefit and others
- Exclusions under the policy
- Premium amount