Why Should I Buy Maternity Health Insurance?
Health insurance plans for pregnancy - Maternity health insurance plan is recommended in case you are planning to start your family. This plan helps you manage your finances during multiple visits to your gynecologist along with other maternity benefits. Moreover, a maternity health insurance plan provides you with cover for medical examinations, medicines & other pregnancy-associated purchases, hospital stays associated procedures among other benefits. However, the coverage will depend on the plan and the insurance company you choose. The core objective of this policy is to prevent you from spending your savings at the last moment.
Other Major Reasons You Should Buy A Maternity Health Insurance Plan Include:
- Maternity cover including pre and post-natal expenses
- Cover for a newborn baby expenses
- Cover for the newborn baby vaccination
- Cover for basic medical expenses during an emergency (other than maternity)
- Affordable premium amount
- Tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961
How To Buy the Best Health Insurance With Maternity Coverage?
The process of finding the perfect cover for maternity can leave you confused if you are not aware of your specific needs in the first place. So, analyze what you want in your maternity health insurance plan and then move ahead further with the policy purchase.
While looking for your ideal maternity health insurance plan, consider the following points will help you make a perfect choice:
- Tenure of the policy
- Sum insured options
- Maternity cover including pre & post-natal expenses
- Newborn baby expenses
- Cover for the newborn birth defects
- Ambulance cover
- Waiting period
- The maximum age for policy renewal
- Pre-hospitalisation & post-hospitalisation expenses
- Hospitals part of the insurer’s network offering cashless claim facility
- Cover for daycare procedures, hospital cash benefit, etc
- Policy premium amount