Maternity Health Insurance
Maternity health insurance plans provide coverage for all pregnancy-related expenses to the insured. These include expenses related to normal or cesarean delivery, prenatal or postnatal care expenses, as well as vaccinations for the newborn.
- Tax BenefitUp to 75000**
- Claim SupportEveryday 10AM-7PM
- 45 Lacs+Happy Customers
*Standard Terms and Conditions Apply.
**Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
Maternity health insurance plans pay the insured for expenses involved with both surgical and normal deliveries of the baby. Many health insurance companies also offer maternity care as an additional rider or add-on that the insured can buy by paying the extra health insurance premium.There are some group health insurance plans as well that provide their women employees maternity benefits along with a reliable health insurance plan.
Best Maternity Health Insurance Plans in India for June 2023
There are many health insurance plans in the market that offer maternity cover either as an in-built feature in the health insurance plans or as a rider or add-on benefit. To know more about the most popular maternity insurance plans, refer to the table below:
Health Insurance Company
|Health Insurance Plans||
ManipalCigna Health Insurance
Aditya Birla Health Insurance
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
Royal Sundaram General Insurance
Total Health Plus Plan
Care Health Insurance
Need For Maternity Health Insurance
Health insurance plans for pregnancy - Maternity health insurance plans are recommended in case someone is planning to start a family. These plans help the insured manage their finances during multiple visits to the gynecologist along with other maternity benefits. A maternity health insurance plan also includes medical examinations, medicines, and other pregnancy-related expenditures, as well as procedures linked with hospital stays, among other items. However, coverage is determined by the health insurance plan of the insured and the insurance company he or she selects.The core objective of this policy is to prevent the policy buyer from spending their savings in case of a medical emergency.
Benefits of Buying Maternity Health Insurance
Maternity health insurance offers the insured the following benefits:
1. Maternity cover including prenatal and postnatal expenses
2. Cover for a newborn baby expenses
3. Cover for the newborn baby vaccination
4. Cover for basic medical expenses during an emergency (other than maternity)
5. Available at the affordable premium amount
6. Tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961
Factors to Consider When Buying Maternity Health Insurance
Before buying a maternity health insurance policy, it is imperative for the policy buyer to analyse their requirements. A decision taken in haste may not prove to be beneficial at the time of actual requirement. So, here are the common factors to consider when buying maternity health insurance cover:
1. Premium: Some maternity insurance plans are available at high health insurance premiums. So, make sure to choose a maternity health insurance that falls in the budget.
2. Waiting Period: There is a waiting period for maternity health insurance plans. It is the time span in which claims are not accepted. It is recommended that you choose a health insurance plan with shorter maternity benefit waiting periods.
3. Sub-Limits Under The Policy: Sub-limits on maternity expenses are frequent, which means that the benefit cannot be used in surplus of the limit. Choosing a maternity insurance plan with lower limits is recommended because it limits coverage benefits.
4. Sum Insured: It is imperative to choose a health insurance policy with a sufficient sum insured. It is true that to choose a high sum insured, the policyholder is required to pay a higher premium, but compromising on the sum insured because of the same might not be beneficial in the future.
5. Network Hospitals: Cashless treatment is only available to policyholders who seek treatment at a network hospital. To save time in the case of an emergency, choose a maternity health insurance policy with a large number of network hospitals, including some near to their home.
Other factors to consider include cover for prenatal and postnatal expenses, cover for newborn baby including the vaccinations, ambulance cover, exclusions, etc.
How to Buy Maternity Health Insurance Plans Online At InsuranceDekho?
Buying maternity insurance plans online at InsuranceDekho is a simplified process. The following steps need to be followed and the policy can be owned within a few minutes:
1. Visit www.insurancedekho.com, then click on the health tab.
2. Select the gender and enter your name and mobile number. You will receive a One Time Password (OTP) on the given number. Kindly enter that.
3. Tell us when you wish to purchase the policy. Then click on the ‘View Instant Quotes’ button to proceed.
4. If you want to get your family members added under the policy too, then select them as well as their age. Click on ‘Continue’.
5. Enter your Email ID and city and click on the ‘Submit and View Quotes’ button.
6. You will see many maternity health insurance quotes. Choose the most suitable one out of them according to your requirement and budget.
7. Select the policy term and enter the required details. Pay the premium online via a secured payment gateway.
One can also buy maternity health insurance in the offline mode at InsuranceDekho by connecting to the experts.
Health Insurance Calculator
Whom do you want the insurance for ?
Select the age of all members
Where do you live ?
Choose required Coverage for yourself?
Health Insurance Coverage Calculator
Who do you want to insured ?
Age of eldest insured member ?
Where do you live ?
*Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
Choose Maternity Health Insurance Plan With
- Care Health Insurance
- Star Health Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
- Universal Sompo Health Insurance
- Zuno Health Insurance
- Tata AIG Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Kotak Mahindra Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- ICICI Lombard Health Insurance
- Future Generali Health Insurance
- Bharti AXA (now ICICI Lombard) Health Insurance
- HDFC ERGO Health Insurance
- SBI Health Insurance
- National Health Insurance
- Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance
- Oriental Health Insurance
- Magma HDI Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Variety Of Health Insurance Plans
Health Insurance Terminologies
Buy Critical Illness Health Insurance
Learn more about maternity Health Insurance
5 Best Health Insurance Plans in India You Can Buy in 2020Choosing best health insurance policy may save your money during critical medical treatment. From a variety of health insurance plans in the market, choosing the most suitable one for you can be a tiresome task. This article contains details of best healt
Simple Ways To Spend Your Free Time During Corona Virus (COVID-19) LockdownWant to know how to spend time at home during coronavirus lockdown? Here are a few things you can indulge in and utilize your free time in a perfect manner.
Best Health Insurance Companies in Claim SettlementUnderstand the importance of health insurance claim settlement ratio. View list of 10 best health insurance companies with fast claim settlement process.
4 Health Insurance Plans for Pre-existing Disease Coverage in IndiaLooking for health insurance with pre-existing disease coverage? You are at the right place! To uncover your options, continue reading.
Best Dental Insurance Plans You can Buy Online in IndiaPurchasing dental health cover brings along many benefits. Read here to know best plans that offer dental insurance cover in India.
Best Cashless Health Insurance Policies in IndiaBuying cashless health insurance policy is the need of the hour. The article explains 5 best cashless health insurance policies in India. Read here.
Choose Best Health Insurance with OPD Cover TodayWant to save yourself from out-of-pocket medical expenses? Buy health insurance with OPD cover to make the most of your medical investment. To know why and how, read along.
5 Health Insurance Plans With Low Waiting Period for Pre-existing ConditionsCoverage for pre-existing conditions comes with a waiting period. When buying health insurance with PED cover, every individual should look for waiting period to make the ideal choice. To know more, read along.
OPD Expense Coverage: 5 Health Insurance Policies That Cover OPD ExpensesOPD Expense Coverage in Health Insurance Policy: Get to know the key benefits OPD Expense Coverage in health insurance.
Best Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plans in IndiaHealth insurance plans for senior citizens are designed to help seniors during their golden period of life. Read about the 5 best senior citizen health insurance plans here.
FAQ About Maternity Health Insurance
What is maternity health insurance and how does it work?
Maternity health insurance covers the expenses that a woman faces when she is pregnant. These expenses may include newborn baby cover, prenatal and postnatal expenses, delivery expenses, etc.
When should I buy a maternity health insurance plan?
Most maternity health insurance plans come with a waiting period during which the expenses are not covered. So, to make the most of a maternity health insurance plan, all newly wedded couples should opt for it without procrastinating and plan pregnancy accordingly.
What is covered under maternity insurance?
Maternity insurance offers cover for delivery expenses whether normal or cesarean delivery, prenatal and postnatal expenses, newborn baby cover, and vaccination expenses.
What is the waiting period for maternity insurance?
The waiting period for maternity health insurance plans differs from insurance company to another. However, generally, it ranges between 36 months and 48 months.
What are the eligibility criteria for maternity health insurance?
Minimum entry age for maternity health insurance is 18 years and maximum entry age is 45 years. However, minimum and maximum entry age varies from plan to plan.
Insurance Dekho Contact Details
Insurance Dekho755 1196 989Mon to Sun 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Health Insurance Companies User Reviews
I recently switched to InsuarnceDekho, and the transition process was incredibly smooth. Their team guided me ...Read More
Whenever I have had questions or needed assistance with my Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Policy, the custome...Read More
One of the best features of the National Health Insurance Policy is its efficient claims processing system. I ...Read More
The Niva Bupa Health Insurance Plan emphasizes preventive care, and its coverage for preventive services is ex...Read More
My purchase of Star Health Insurance Policy from InsuranceDekho was amazing. I bought the plan from their offi...Read More
Health Insurance News
World Hypertension Day 2023: Risk Factors For Hype...
Knowing the risk factors for hypertension can help you live ...15 May 2023
Which Company Is Best in Health Insurance?
Want to invest in health insurance? Read this article to fin...10 May 2023
All About International No Diet Day 2023
Listed below are the things you should know about Internatio...04 May 2023
Can a 75-Year-Old Get Health Insurance?
Wondering if a 75-year-old can get health insurance? The ans...03 May 2023
Things To Know About Niva Bupa Health Insurance
Here are some of the things that you should Niva Bupa Health...02 May 2023