Maternity Health Insurance
Maternity health insurance plans cover the insured for expenses related to both baby delivery options, which are cesarean and normal delivery. Many health insurance providers also offer maternity cover as a rider or add-on cover that the insured can voluntarily opt for by paying an extra health insurance premium. There are some group health insurance plans as well that provide their women employees maternity benefits along with a reliable health insurance plan.
Best Maternity Health Insurance Plans in India for December 2020
There are many health insurance plans in the market that offer maternity cover either as an in-built feature in the health insurance plans or as a rider or add-on benefit. To know more about the most popular maternity insurance plans, refer to the table below:
Health Insurance Company
|Health Insurance Plans||
ManipalCigna Health Insurance
ProHealth Insurance Plan
Aditya Birla Health Insurance
Activ Health Enhanced Plan
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
Health Guard Family Floater Plan
Royal Sundaram General Insurance
Total Health Plus Plan
Care Health Insurance
Need For Maternity Health Insurance
Health insurance plans for pregnancy - Maternity health insurance plans are recommended in case someone is planning to start a family. These plans help the insured manage their finances during multiple visits to the gynecologist along with other maternity benefits. Moreover, a maternity health insurance plan provides cover for medical examinations, medicines, and other pregnancy-associated purchases, hospital stays associated procedures among other benefits. However, the coverage depends on the health insurance plan and the insurance company chosen by the insured. The core objective of this policy is to prevent the policy buyer from spending their savings in case of a medical emergency.
Benefits of Buying Maternity Health Insurance
Maternity health insurance offers the insured the following benefits:
- Maternity cover including prenatal and postnatal expenses
2. Cover for a newborn baby expenses
3. Cover for the newborn baby vaccination
4. Cover for basic medical expenses during an emergency (other than maternity)
5. Available at the affordable premium amount
6. Tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961
Factors to Consider When Buying Maternity Health Insurance
Before buying a maternity health insurance policy, it is imperative for the policy buyer to analyse their requirements. A decision taken in haste may not prove to be beneficial at the time of actual requirement. So, here are the common factors to consider when buying maternity health insurance cover:
1. Premium: Some maternity insurance plans are available at high health insurance premiums. So, make sure to choose a maternity health insurance plan that falls in the budget.
2. Waiting Period: Maternity health insurance plans come with a waiting period. It is the period during which claims are not accepted. It is recommended to choose a health insurance plan with shorter waiting periods for maternity benefits.
3. Sub-Limits Under The Policy: Maternity expenses often have sub-limits on them, which means that the benefit can not be availed greater than the limit. It is recommended to select a maternity insurance plan with lesser limits as it restricts coverage benefits.
4. Sum Insured: It is imperative to choose a health insurance policy with a sufficient sum insured. It is true that to choose a high sum insured, the policyholder is required to pay a higher premium, but compromising on the sum insured because of the same might not be beneficial in the future.
5. Network Hospitals: The policyholder can only avail of cashless treatment in case the treatment is availed at a network hospital. And to save time in case of an emergency, one should make sure to choose a maternity health insurance policy that has a huge number of network hospitals including some nearby their residence.
Other factors to consider include cover for prenatal and postnatal expenses, cover for newborn baby including the vaccinations, ambulance cover, exclusions, etc.
How to Buy Maternity Health Insurance Plans Online At InsuranceDekho?
Buying maternity insurance plans online at InsuranceDekho is a simplified process. The following steps need to be followed and the policy can be owned within a few minutes:
1. Visit www.insurancedekho.com, then click on the health tab.
2. Select the gender and enter your name and mobile number. You will receive a One Time Password (OTP) on the given number. Kindly enter that.
3. Tell us when you wish to purchase the policy. Then click on the ‘View Instant Quotes’ button to proceed.
4. If you want to get your family members added under the policy too, then select them as well as their age. Click on ‘Continue’.
5. Enter your Email ID and city and click on the ‘Submit and View Quotes’ button.
6. You will see many maternity health insurance quotes. Choose the most suitable one out of them according to your requirement and budget.
7. Select the policy term and enter the required details. Pay the premium online via a secured payment gateway.
One can also buy maternity health insurance in the offline mode at InsuranceDekho by connecting to the experts.
Buy Critical Illness Health Insurance
Health Insurance Maternity FAQs
What is maternity health insurance and how does it work?
Maternity health insurance covers the expenses that a woman faces when she is pregnant. These expenses may include newborn baby cover, prenatal and postnatal expenses, delivery expenses, etc.
When should I buy a maternity health insurance plan?
Most maternity health insurance plans come with a waiting period during which the expenses are not covered. So, to make the most of a maternity health insurance plan, all newly wedded couples should opt for it without procrastinating and plan pregnancy accordingly.
What is covered under maternity insurance?
Maternity insurance offers cover for delivery expenses whether normal or cesarean delivery, prenatal and postnatal expenses, newborn baby cover, and vaccination expenses.
What is the waiting period for maternity insurance?
The waiting period for maternity health insurance plans differs from insurance company to another. However, generally, it ranges between 36 months and 48 months.
What are the eligibility criteria for maternity health insurance?
Minimum entry age for maternity health insurance is 18 years and maximum entry age is 45 years. However, minimum and maximum entry age varies from plan to plan.
Health Companies User Reviews
Health Insurance Articles
- Latest Articles
- Popular Articles
- The Top 5 Health Insurance Companies in India
Read the article to know the best health insurance companies...22 January 2021
- A Handbook to Understand Top-up and Super Top-up P...
There is a fixed sum insured in each insurance policy and in...22 January 2021
- Tips to Prevent Stroke
A stroke occurs at the time when the blood flow to the brain...22 January 2021
- Long-Term Health Insurance & Its Benefits
Have you recently come across the term ‘long-term health ins...22 January 2021
- Know When Your Entire Health Insurance Claim Amou...
Non-settlement of complete health insurance claims is quite ...22 January 2021
- 5 Best Health Insurance Plans in India You Can Buy...
Choosing best health insurance policy may save your money du...08 January 2020
- Simple Ways To Spend Your Free Time During Corona...
Want to know how to spend time at home during coronavirus lo...26 March 2020
- How to Check Star Health Insurance Policy Status a...
Do you want to check Star Health Insurance policy status onl...21 September 2020
- Best Dental Insurance Plans You can Buy Online in ...
Purchasing dental health cover brings along many benefits. R...29 January 2020
- 4 Health Insurance Plans for Pre-existing Disease ...
Looking for health insurance with pre-existing disease cover...28 January 2020