Maternity Health Insurance
Maternity health insurance plans provide coverage for all pregnancy-related expenses to the insured. These include expenses related to normal or cesarean delivery, prenatal or postnatal care expenses, as well as vaccinations for the newborn.
- Tax BenefitUp to 75000**
- Claim SupportEveryday 10AM-7PM
- 45 Lacs+Happy Customers
*Standard Terms and Conditions Apply.
**Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
Maternity health insurance plans pay the insured for expenses involved with both surgical and normal deliveries of the baby. Many health insurance companies also offer maternity care as an additional rider or add-on that the insured can buy by paying the extra health insurance premium.There are some group health insurance plans as well that provide their women employees maternity benefits along with a reliable health insurance plan.
Best Maternity Health Insurance Plans in India for December 2022
There are many health insurance plans in the market that offer maternity cover either as an in-built feature in the health insurance plans or as a rider or add-on benefit. To know more about the most popular maternity insurance plans, refer to the table below:
Health Insurance Company
|Health Insurance Plans||
ManipalCigna Health Insurance
Aditya Birla Health Insurance
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
Royal Sundaram General Insurance
Total Health Plus Plan
Care Health Insurance
Need For Maternity Health Insurance
Health insurance plans for pregnancy - Maternity health insurance plans are recommended in case someone is planning to start a family. These plans help the insured manage their finances during multiple visits to the gynecologist along with other maternity benefits. A maternity health insurance plan also includes medical examinations, medicines, and other pregnancy-related expenditures, as well as procedures linked with hospital stays, among other items. However, coverage is determined by the health insurance plan of the insured and the insurance company he or she selects.The core objective of this policy is to prevent the policy buyer from spending their savings in case of a medical emergency.
Benefits of Buying Maternity Health Insurance
Maternity health insurance offers the insured the following benefits:
1. Maternity cover including prenatal and postnatal expenses
2. Cover for a newborn baby expenses
3. Cover for the newborn baby vaccination
4. Cover for basic medical expenses during an emergency (other than maternity)
5. Available at the affordable premium amount
6. Tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961
Factors to Consider When Buying Maternity Health Insurance
Before buying a maternity health insurance policy, it is imperative for the policy buyer to analyse their requirements. A decision taken in haste may not prove to be beneficial at the time of actual requirement. So, here are the common factors to consider when buying maternity health insurance cover:
1. Premium: Some maternity insurance plans are available at high health insurance premiums. So, make sure to choose a maternity health insurance that falls in the budget.
2. Waiting Period: There is a waiting period for maternity health insurance plans. It is the time span in which claims are not accepted. It is recommended that you choose a health insurance plan with shorter maternity benefit waiting periods.
3. Sub-Limits Under The Policy: Sub-limits on maternity expenses are frequent, which means that the benefit cannot be used in surplus of the limit. Choosing a maternity insurance plan with lower limits is recommended because it limits coverage benefits.
4. Sum Insured: It is imperative to choose a health insurance policy with a sufficient sum insured. It is true that to choose a high sum insured, the policyholder is required to pay a higher premium, but compromising on the sum insured because of the same might not be beneficial in the future.
5. Network Hospitals: Cashless treatment is only available to policyholders who seek treatment at a network hospital. To save time in the case of an emergency, choose a maternity health insurance policy with a large number of network hospitals, including some near to their home.
Other factors to consider include cover for prenatal and postnatal expenses, cover for newborn baby including the vaccinations, ambulance cover, exclusions, etc.
How to Buy Maternity Health Insurance Plans Online At InsuranceDekho?
Buying maternity insurance plans online at InsuranceDekho is a simplified process. The following steps need to be followed and the policy can be owned within a few minutes:
1. Visit www.insurancedekho.com, then click on the health tab.
2. Select the gender and enter your name and mobile number. You will receive a One Time Password (OTP) on the given number. Kindly enter that.
3. Tell us when you wish to purchase the policy. Then click on the ‘View Instant Quotes’ button to proceed.
4. If you want to get your family members added under the policy too, then select them as well as their age. Click on ‘Continue’.
5. Enter your Email ID and city and click on the ‘Submit and View Quotes’ button.
6. You will see many maternity health insurance quotes. Choose the most suitable one out of them according to your requirement and budget.
7. Select the policy term and enter the required details. Pay the premium online via a secured payment gateway.
One can also buy maternity health insurance in the offline mode at InsuranceDekho by connecting to the experts.
Health Insurance Calculator
Whom do you want the insurance for ?
Select the age of all members
Where do you live ?
Choose required Coverage for yourself?
Health Insurance Coverage Calculator
Who do you want to insured ?
Age of eldest insured member ?
Where do you live ?
*Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
Choose Maternity Health Insurance Plan With
- Royal Sundaram
- Universal Sompo
- Tata AIG
- Bajaj Allianz
- ICICI Lombard
- Future Generali
- Bharti AXA
- HDFC ERGO
- Cholamandalam MS
- Magma HDI
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Variety Of Health Insurance Plans
Health Insurance Terminologies
Buy Critical Illness Health Insurance
FAQ About Maternity Health Insurance
What is maternity health insurance and how does it work?
Maternity health insurance covers the expenses that a woman faces when she is pregnant. These expenses may include newborn baby cover, prenatal and postnatal expenses, delivery expenses, etc.
When should I buy a maternity health insurance plan?
Most maternity health insurance plans come with a waiting period during which the expenses are not covered. So, to make the most of a maternity health insurance plan, all newly wedded couples should opt for it without procrastinating and plan pregnancy accordingly.
What is covered under maternity insurance?
Maternity insurance offers cover for delivery expenses whether normal or cesarean delivery, prenatal and postnatal expenses, newborn baby cover, and vaccination expenses.
What is the waiting period for maternity insurance?
The waiting period for maternity health insurance plans differs from insurance company to another. However, generally, it ranges between 36 months and 48 months.
What are the eligibility criteria for maternity health insurance?
Minimum entry age for maternity health insurance is 18 years and maximum entry age is 45 years. However, minimum and maximum entry age varies from plan to plan.
Health Insurance Companies User Reviews
Health Insurance News
- Latest News
- Popular News
- Should I Get No Room Rent Capping with my Health I...
No room rent capping on health insurance means that the insu...06 December 2022
- When Should You Buy A Health Insurance Plan?
The right time to buy is mainly the middle of one's 20s and ...05 December 2022
- How Can I Enhance the Benefits of Any Health Insur...
As you want to make the most of the insurance coverage you p...02 December 2022
- Can We Claim Health Insurance From Two Companies?
People are increasingly choosing greater insured amounts as ...30 November 2022
- Difference Between Coinsurance, Copay and Deductib...
When it comes to obtaining health insurance, there are a few...29 November 2022
- How To Download Chief Minister Health Insurance Ca...
The government of India has initiated several healthcare sch...25 June 2022
- Can I Take The COVID-19 Vaccine If I Have Fever Or...
With the COVID-19 vaccines finally available for almost all ...23 May 2021
- How To Check Health Insurance Policy Status
Your health insurance claim process does not end just by sub...22 June 2022
- Can You Get Insurance Cover For IVF Treatment In I...
Welcoming a baby in today’s world is a blessing that can be ...03 December 2021
- Best Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plans To Buy ...
Senior citizens in a family must be protected with a separat...16 September 2021