Best Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plans in India
Best Senior Citizen Health Insurance - We talk about the importance of health insurance for various sections of society. But we often ignore its importance for the elder thinking that it may not serve the purpose.
Usually, we believe that senior citizen health insurance plans come with capping, high health premiums and do not offer adequate coverage features. But it’s, of course, not true at all.
Health insurance plans for senior citizens help the elderly enjoy the golden period of their life without any worries. Which is why it is better to timely purchase a relevant health plan for them.
Don’t worry if you know anyone who is aged above 60 years and has no health insurance policy. It is never too late to buy health insurance for seniors.
Let us discuss 5 Popular Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plans in India you can buy in 2020 -
- Minimum and maximum entry age: 60 years and 70 years respectively
- Sum insured options: Rs. 1 Lakh to Rs. 7.5 Lakh on Individual basis; Rs. 10 Lakh to Rs. 25 Lakh on family floater basis
- Policy term: 1, 2, and 3 years
- Major benefits: Free health check-up, OPD cover, all daycare procedures covered, discounts on premium offered
- Minimum and maximum entry age: 46 years and 70 years respectively
- Sum insured options: Rs. 50,000, Rs. 1 Lakh, Rs. 1.5 Lakh, Rs. 2 Lakh, Rs. 3 Lakh, Rs. 4 Lakh, Rs. 5 Lakh
- Policy term: Annual
- Major benefits: Family discount, No Claim Bonus, free health check-up, in-patient hospitalisation expenses, cover for daycare procedures
- Minimum and maximum entry age: 60 years and 70 years respectively
- Sum insured options: Rs. 1 Lakh, Rs. 2 Lakh, Rs. 3 Lakh, Rs. 4 Lakh, Rs. 5 Lakh,
- Policy term: 1, 2 and 3 years
- Major benefits: Cover for domiciliary treatment, daycare procedures, pre and post hospitalisation expenses, cumulative bonus
- Minimum and maximum entry age: 61 years; no limit
- Sum insured options: Rs. 2 lakh, Rs. 3 Lakh, and Rs. 5 Lakh
- Policy term: 1 and 2 years
- Major benefits: Cover for daycare procedures, pre and post-hospitalisation expenses, in-patient hospitalisation expenses
- Minimum and maximum entry age: 60 years and 80 years respectively
- Sum insured options: Rs. 1 Lakh and Rs. 2 Lakh
- Policy term: 1 year
- Major benefits: Cumulative bonus, option of discount, ambulance charges, critical illness cover
Why Buy Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plans
Senior citizen health insurance plans help the older generation cope up with health issues, the treatment of which costs high. Not only such plans offer the senior citizens' financial help, but good health as well.
Some major benefits that make senior citizen health insurance plans a must buy are listed below:
Senior citizen health insurance plans offer a benefit of free health check-ups which the policy buyers can avail annually without paying anything extra. It monitors the insured person’s health and promotes a healthy lifestyle.
Pre and post-hospitalisation expenses are covered to protect the insured in a long period of illness.
Most senior health insurance plans cover pre-existing diseases.
These plans cover ambulance expenses and reduce the impact of miscellaneous health care costs.
Considering soaring healthcare costs in India, the senior citizens are offered a higher sum insured range under the plans.
Features of Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plans
Senior citizen health insurance plans are designed to offer financial aid for medical treatment to people aged above 60 years when they require it the most. Read about some common features of senior citizen health insurance plans below -
These plans can be purchased on an individual or family floater basis.
Pre-medical screening is not required in most senior citizen health insurance plans.
These plans offer a free look period to the policy buyers during which they can thoroughly read and understand the policy terms and conditions.
Senior citizens can avail cashless and quality treatment in empanelled network hospitals with these plans. Expenses of room rent, doctor’s fee, medical bills are included in this facility.
Senior citizens can enjoy tax benefits on the premium paid for health insurance plans under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
How to Choose Health Insurance for Senior Citizens?
Before putting any senior citizen insurance product in your cart, make sure you check on a few factors that help you make the right buying decision. These factors include-
- Cost - You must look for a plan which has been designed for people with a fixed limited income.
- Convenience - Look for health insurance plans which incorporate maximum features so senior citizens can see treatment easily.
- Coverage - Choose a plan that covers vulnerabilities that come with old age.
You can always get optimal health insurance with a good senior citizen health insurance plan at a reasonable cost from InsuranceDekho.
If you find difficulty in choosing one for yourself, you can give our customer care executives a call on our toll-free number 1800-1205-698 and get your queries solved.
So, buy a comprehensive health insurance plan for senior citizens today and worry less!
Latest Health Insurance News
- Religare Enterprises to Rename the Insurance Subsi...
Religare Enterprises has reamed its health insurance arm as ...27 August 2020
- HDFC Ergo General Insurance Introduces Home Care B...
HDFC Ergo General Insurance has introduced “Home Care Expens...13 July 2020
- Health Insurance Companies Cannot Reject Claims Af...
As per the fresh set of guidelines issued by IRDAI, health i...16 June 2020
- Insurance Companies To Offer COVID-19 Specific Ins...
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India ...06 June 2020
- Unlock 1 Plan Begins: Things You Should Know
Unlock 1 guidelines. In unlock 1 states set to open, with ca...01 June 2020
People Also Read
- Best Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plans in Indi...
Health insurance plans for senior citizens are designed to h...16 March 2020
- Public Sector Health Insurance Schemes for Senior ...
Senior Citizens Health Insurance Scheme by the public sector...30 October 2019
- All You Need To Know About Senior Citizen Red Carp...
STAR Health Senior Citizen Red Carpet Health Insurance Polic...17 March 2019
- Senior Citizen Health Insurance- All you need to K...
Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plans in India - Know all ab...17 March 2019
- Factors To Be Considered While Buying Health Insur...
Know the importance of buying health insurance for old paren...08 April 2019
- Top Health Insurance Plans For Senior Citizens or ...
Choosing the best health insurance policy is vital so that s...17 March 2019
- How to Choose a Senior Citizen Health Insurance Pl...
This article consists of a few tips to buy a health insuranc...19 March 2019
- 2 Popular Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plans Yo...
Are you looking out for the best senior citizen health insur...22 April 2019
- 60 Year Old with No Health Insurance? Get One Easi...
What if you are lagging behind in the race of health insuran...21 October 2019
- Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plans - Benefits, ...
A senior citizen health insurance policy is essential for yo...17 March 2019