Why Should I Buy a Health Insurance Policy for a Newborn Baby?
Parenting is a great feeling filled with deep emotions. However, your responsibility doubles when a new member comes to your family. One of the most crucial responsibilities is the health of the new member. Newborns require extra care and attention, especially in the initial few months, for sound health. These extra cares include getting their regular medical check-ups, medical treatments, and regular vaccinations done.
Medical emergencies are unpredictable. Also, the immune system of a newborn baby is weak initially because of which they are more prone to fall sick. Thus, it is wise to have a health insurance cover for a newborn baby to get the required medical treatment in times of need. In addition to ensuring timely medical treatment, a newborn baby health insurance plan also keeps you financially strong in difficult times.
Benefits of Newborn Baby Health Insurance Cover
- It provides you with peace of mind as you know your baby will be protected if a medical emergency arises.
- It helps you meet the financial requirements in times of need.
- The affordable premium for newborn baby health insurance cover.
How Many Members Can Be Covered Under A Newborn Baby Health Insurance Cover?
Newborn babies can be covered on a family floater basis along with their parent(s). Other members of the family can also be included in the family health insurance plan. It is advisable to select an insurer that lets you include the newborn at the earliest under the plan.
If you want to include several members of the family, you can choose an insurance company that allows you to customize the plan according to your needs and budget. Some insurance companies in India allow policyholders to avail the plan benefits immediately after the birth of a child upon intimation of the same.
How To Choose The Best Health Insurance Plan For A Newborn Baby?
With many health insurance companies in the market offering newborn baby health insurance cover, it might be a tedious task for you to choose the most relevant one.
To simplify the process, we list below the important points which you must consider while purchasing a health insurance plan for a newborn baby.
- Check if the plan allows an upgrade after the newborn baby completes 90 days as most plans offer this feature.
- Some health insurance plans ask for an extra premium to cover the newborn baby while others do not. Check the same before buying a plan.
- Check if the plan provides coverage for vaccination expenses and other postnatal care expenses.
- Check the co-payment option and sub-limits, if applicable to the plan.
- Do check the exclusions and make sure your plan provides coverage for all your requirements.
Choose Newborn Baby Health Insurance Plan With
Explore Health Insurance
Health Companies User Reviews
Latest Health Insurance Articles
- Health Insurers Witnessing Record Number of Claims...
The number of claims reported by the policyholders on accoun...28 August 2020
- Difference Between Corona Kavach and Corona Raksha...
COVID-19 Health Plans: You must know the difference between ...20 August 2020
- 8 Major Reasons Why Reviewing Health Insurance is ...
Reviewing health insurance on a regular basis is crucial. Re...17 August 2020
- Can NRIs Buy Health Insurance For Their Parents Li...
Can NRIs (Non Resident Indians) buy health insurance in Indi...21 July 2020
- Who is More Likely To Get Coronavirus Disease
Who is more prone to get the COVID-19. People suffering from...13 June 2020