Newborn Baby Health Insurance
A newborn baby health insurance cover takes care of the medical expenses incurred for the hospitalisation of the newborn baby in case of unforeseen circumstances. Since purchasing an individual health cover for a newborn baby is not possible, the baby can be included with the parents in a family floater plan or under a group health insurance plan once he/she is at least 90 days old.
Need For Health Insurance For Newborn
Newborns require extra care and attention, especially in the initial few months, for sound health. This extra cares include getting their regular medical check-ups, medical treatments, and regular vaccinations done.
Medical emergencies are unpredictable. Also, the immune system of a newborn baby is weak initially because of which they are more prone to fall sick. Thus, it is wise to have a health insurance cover for a newborn baby to get the required medical treatment in times of need. In addition to ensuring timely medical treatment, a newborn baby health insurance plan also keeps the parents financially strong in difficult times.
Benefits of Newborn Baby Health Insurance
Listed below are the advantages of getting a newborn baby health insurance plan:
The plan offers the parents peace of mind as they know their baby will be protected in case of any medical emergency.
1. It helps the parents meet the financial requirements in times of need.
2. Health insurance plans for newborns come at affordable premiums and are hence easy on the pocket.
3. Health insurance tax benefits under section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
4. Availability of no claim bonus as a reward for not making any claim.
How Many Members Can Be Covered Under A Newborn Baby Health Insurance?
Newborn babies can be covered on a family floater basis along with their parent(s). Other members of the family can also be included in the family health insurance plan. It is advisable to select an insurance company that allows the parents to include the newborn at the earliest under the plan.
If the policy buyer wants to include several members of the family, then they can choose a health insurance company that allows them to customize the plan according to their needs and budget. Some insurance companies in India allow policyholders to avail of the plan benefits immediately after the birth of a child upon intimation of the same.
Factors to Consider When Buying Health Insurance Plans for Newborn
With many health insurance companies in the market offering newborn baby health insurance cover, it might be a tedious task to choose the most relevant one. To simplify the process, here are the important points which must be considered when purchasing a health insurance plan for a newborn baby.
1. Upgrading Feature: Most health insurance plans for newborn babies allow the parents to upgrade the plan coverage once the newborn completes 90 days. So, before buying a plan, one must make opt for the one that allows upgrading.
2. Premium: It is important to check the premium when buying a health insurance policy for newborn to ensure that it falls within the budget. Also, there are some health insurance plans that ask for an extra premium to cover the newborn baby while others do not. So, one should check the same before zeroing down any policy.
3. Plan Coverage: Different health insurance plans for newborns have different coverage features. Some offer cover for vaccination, prenatal and postnatal expenses, etc. while others do not. It is recommended to choose a policy with maximum coverage features so that the newborn can be protected at all times.
4. Co-Payment Clause: Some health insurance plans for newborn babies come with a co-payment clause wherein the parents are required to pay some amount from their own pocket at the time of claim. But health insurance plans with co-payment features come at a lesser premium comparatively. So, one should check the clause, if any, before buying the policy.
5. Exclusions: As important it is to know about the plan inclusions, equally important it is to know about the plan exclusions. So before buying a policy, read the same thoroughly and make sure your plan provides coverage for all your requirements.
How to Buy Health Insurance Plans For Newborn Online At InsuranceDekho?
Buying health insurance for newborns online at InsuranceDekho is an easy, transparent, and paperless process. All you have to do is follow the easy steps given below and you can own the policy without any hassle:
1. Visit www.insurancedekho.com. Click on the ‘health’ tab.
2. Select Gender and enter your Name. Then enter your Mobile number. You will receive an OTP on the given number. Please enter that.
3. Tell us when you can purchase the health insurance policy, and click on the ‘View Instant Quotes’ button to proceed.
4. If you want to add family members as well under the policy, then select them and their age and click on ‘Continue’.
5. Enter your Email ID and your city. Then click on the ‘Submit and View Quotes’ button.
6. You will see many health insurance quotes for individuals on your screen. Choose the most suitable one out of them as per your budget and other requirements.
7. Select the policy term. Then enter the required details. Pay the premium online via any flexible mode of payment offered through a secured gateway.
At InsuranceDekho, health insurance plans for newborns can also be purchased offline. For which, the customer care executives need to be contacted.
Choose Newborn Baby Health Insurance Plan With
Health Insurance Newborn Baby FAQs
What is newborn baby health insurance and how does it work?
As the name suggests, newborn baby health insurance secures the health of a newborn baby thereby ensuring that the child is protected in case of any medical emergency. As the policy reimburses the expenses that it covers, the insured does not have to worry about managing funds at the time of emergency.
When should I buy a newborn baby health insurance plan?
Newborn babies can be added to the existing health insurance plans under which at least one parent is covered. The conditions, however, vary from plan to plan. Also, to have adequate cover for newborn babies, it is imperative for the newly wed couples to opt for a health insurance policy that covers maternity benefits and plan pregnancy accordingly.
What is covered under newborn baby health insurance?
Newborn baby health insurance plans offer several coverage benefits including vaccination expenses, coverage against hospitalisation expenses.
What is the waiting period for newborn baby health insurance?
Health insurance plans for new born babies come with a waiting period during which no claims are admissible. The waiting period varies from plan to plan. In case you wish to cover the newborn baby against any unforeseen event, then you must add the child in your existing health insurance policy as it will cover the basic immunisation expenses.
What are the eligibility criteria for newborn baby health insurance?
There are a few health insurance plans that cover newborn babies from day 1 of their birth, which may differ from one insurer to another. Generally, newborn babies can be covered after they complete 90 days.
Health Companies User Reviews
Health Insurance Articles
- Latest Articles
- Popular Articles
- Advantages of Buying Health Insurance from New Ind...
New India Assurance Company Ltd is a multinational general i...19 January 2021
- Want to Lower the Risk of Heart Attack? Read This
Do you fear having a heart attack? Or have you already strug...19 January 2021
- Exercises to Get Relief From Lower Back Pain
Are you the victim of lower back pain? To know how to exerci...19 January 2021
- The Vocabulary You Need To Understand For Health I...
Health insurance plans are an integral component of a knowle...19 January 2021
- Port Your Health Insurance while Keeping Check on ...
If any time you feel unhappy with your present health policy...19 January 2021
- 5 Best Health Insurance Plans in India You Can Buy...
Choosing best health insurance policy may save your money du...08 January 2020
- Simple Ways To Spend Your Free Time During Corona...
Want to know how to spend time at home during coronavirus lo...26 March 2020
- How to Check Star Health Insurance Policy Status a...
Do you want to check Star Health Insurance policy status onl...21 September 2020
- Best Dental Insurance Plans You can Buy Online in ...
Purchasing dental health cover brings along many benefits. R...29 January 2020
- 4 Health Insurance Plans for Pre-existing Disease ...
Looking for health insurance with pre-existing disease cover...28 January 2020