4 Health Insurance Plans for Pre-existing Disease Coverage in India
Searching for the best health insurance?
Do you want to buy a policy online that covers your medical condition at present?
If looking for pre-existing condition health insurance, it is important for you to know that most insurance plans do not cover pre-existing diseases right after the policy purchase.
To get your pre-existing illness covered under one of the best health insurance policies, you will have to specifically look for health insurance plans covering pre-existing diseases.
For those who are new to the term, here is the pre-existing disease meaning you have been looking for Pre-existing disease is any personal illness, injury or condition that has the proposer has been facing before the purchase of a health insurance policy.
In other words, pre-existing disease is condition, ailment, injury or related condition for which the proposer or the insured individual has symptoms, and/or were diagnosed, and/or received medical advice or treatment within a few specific months prior to the first policy issued by the insurance company.
Generally, pre-existing diseases are not included from the health insurance cover during an initial waiting period.
Determination of pre-existing conditions?
A pre-existing condition can be chronic or long term. Nonetheless, its is one for which the proposer has undergone treatment or diagnosis before enrolling in a new health plan.
Before 2010, as well as the passage of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), an insurance company could review a proposer’s application for enrollment and deny you coverage or offer coverage at inflated rates if it was determined that the proposer had a pre-existing condition. It was the ACA that played a vital role in making it illegal for health insurance companies to deny medical coverage or increase rates, owing to a pre-existing conditions.
The ACA made it illegal for health insurance companies to deny you medical coverage or raise rates due to a pre-existing condition.
Pre-existing disease list in health insurance?
The list of pre-existing diseases in health insurance is quite vast. Chronic illnesses and medical conditions, including different forms of cancer, diabetes, epilepsy, lupus, high blood pressure, and depression may be considered as pre-existing conditions. As a matter of fact, less serve conditions like asthma, anxiety, acne, and sleep apnea may also qualify. Moreover, pregnancy before enrollment is also considered pre-existing and chronic.
Health insurance policies for pre-existing diseases?
If willing to get your pre-existing illnesses covered, here are a few affordable options for you -
SmartSuper Health Insurance Policy - Bharti AXA
Available in three variant form, namely Value, Classic, and Uber, SmartSuper Health Insurance Policy by Bharti AXA cover pre-existing diseases. However, the waiting period for pre-existing disease coverage is 48 months. This affordable health insurance policy comes with a sum insured range starting from Rs. 5 Lakh up to Rs. 100 Lakh as per the variant chosen. While the minimum entry age is 91 days, the maximum entry age is 65 years.
Want to know more in detail? Check SmartSuper Health Insurance Policy by Bharti AXA!
Lifeline - Royal Sundaram
Lifeline plan by Royal Sundaram comes in three different variant forms, namely Classic, Supreme and Elite. While the waiting period for pre-existing diseases in the Classic variant is 48 months, it is 36 months for Supreme variant. The waiting period for pre-existing disease under Elite is 24 months. Lifeline policy offers benefits like restoration benefit, no claim bonus, AYUSH treatment, worldwide emergency cover, and many. Talking about sum insured, it ranges between Rs. 2 lakh up to Rs. 1.5 Crore.
To check more information, Lifeline by Royal Sundaram!
Family Plus - Royal Sundaram
A family floater health insurance plan, Family Plus by Royal Sundaram is an affordable choice. The plan comes with coverage for pre-existing diseases after a waiting period of 36 months. When it comes to sum insured range, for individual basis it is Rs. 2 Lakh to Rs. 15 Lakh, while for floater option, sum insured ranges between Rs. 3 Lakh to Rs. 50 Lakh. The best part about this plan is that it covers up to 19 relationships including you, spouse, son, daughter, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, grandfather, grandmother, and more.
Details about this plan available at Family Plus by Royal Sundaram!
Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy - New India Assurance
New India Assurance’s Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy covers pre-existing diseases. However, the waiting period for pre-existing diseases under this plan is 18 months. Available for senior citizen aged between 60 years to 80 years, the policy features a sum insured range starting from Rs. 1 Lakh up to Rs. 1.5 Lakh. While this affordable policy for seniors offers hospitalisation cover in government or registered Ayurvedic/Homeopathic & Unani hospitals, its premium amount varies according to the age, sum insured and pre-existing diseases.
Here are a few facts that you must be aware of before buying cover for pre-existing conditions
- Health insurance policies differ from each other when it comes to inclusions and exclusions related to pre-existing conditions. Therefore, you should always make sure to check for the waiting periods and the list of pre-existing diseases that your health insurance policy covers.
- Health insurance companies do not consider all the ailments as pre-existing conditions. They only consider the conditions that have a long-term effect on your health. Ailments like cold, cough, fever, or other minor ailments are not covered.
- You should not hide information about the pre-existing diseases from your insurer. This is because you may be able to get the insurance policy at once, but may not be able to avail the policy benefits at the time of claim. So, it is always better to disclose a PED before purchasing a health insurance policy.
- Pre-existing diseases are covered after the completion of the waiting period as specified by the insurer. Usually, the insured is required to complete a waiting period of 2 years. Therefore, it is better if you buy this cover at an early stage in life.
- Your claim may be rejected in case you have a pre-existing disease. But if you own a pre-existing disease cover, then the insurer will cover you against the same. But you will be required to complete a waiting period as specified in your health insurance policy.
If interested in learning more, don’t forget to visit Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy by New India Assurance!
To more options for pre-existing disease coverage, read: Want to Get Your PED Conditions Covered? Here's a List of Plans with Low Waiting Period right away!
However, if you want pre-existing disease covered from day 1, make sure you go through Pre-Existing Disease Cover from Day One by Popular Health Insurance Companies.
Latest Health Insurance News
- Religare Enterprises to Rename the Insurance Subsi...
Religare Enterprises has reamed its health insurance arm as ...27 August 2020
- HDFC Ergo General Insurance Introduces Home Care B...
HDFC Ergo General Insurance has introduced “Home Care Expens...13 July 2020
- Health Insurance Companies Cannot Reject Claims Af...
As per the fresh set of guidelines issued by IRDAI, health i...16 June 2020
- Insurance Companies To Offer COVID-19 Specific Ins...
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India ...06 June 2020
- Unlock 1 Plan Begins: Things You Should Know
Unlock 1 guidelines. In unlock 1 states set to open, with ca...01 June 2020
People Also Read
- Want to Get Your PED Conditions Covered? Here's a ...
Coverage for pre-existing conditions comes with a waiting pe...12 April 2019
- OPD Expense Coverage: 5 Health Insurance Policies ...
OPD Expense Coverage in Health Insurance Policy: Get to know...29 January 2020
- Claims Ratio in Health Insurance - Importance
One of the key features to look for while buying health insu...24 October 2019
- 7 Best Health Insurance Plans with Free Medical Ch...
Different types of health insurance policies with the free h...15 April 2019
- Is a Medical Test Required When Buying a Health In...
Before choosing a health insurance plan, pre-medical tests a...06 April 2019
- Everything You Should Know About e-Insurance Accou...
Maintaining insurance policy documents of family members is ...16 April 2019
- Benefits of Health Insurance Policy in India
Benefits of health insurance policy: Uncover what establishe...12 March 2020
- All You Need to Know About Nominees of a Health In...
Nomination is an essential part of buying an insurance polic...14 August 2019
- Latest Guidelines and Rules of Irda for the Insura...
With time rules must be upgraded to channelise things proper...13 December 2019
- 4 Popular Women Health Insurance Plans of 2020 You...
Women health insurance plans have become popular in the year...10 February 2020