Coronavirus Health Insurance Policy
What is Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Health Insurance Calculator
Whom do you want the insurance for ?
Select the age of all members
Where do you live ?
Choose required Coverage for yourself?
Choose a Health Insurance Plan For
Explore Health Insurance
Buy Critical Illness Health Insurance
Learn more about coronavirus Health Insurance
- You can have questions if you have coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and are caring for yourself at home or for a loved one who has COVID-19 at home. How do you know when you need emergency help? How long is it possible to be isolated? What would you do
- COVID recovery takes about 2 weeks for mild cases and about a month for those who have a severe infection. COVID, on the other hand, has an excellent recovery rate in India, which is currently above 90%. As a result, most people who develop this viral inf
- The need for comprehensive health insurance is well pronounced at the time of the COVID-19 pandemic. Health insurance has been seen as a must-have for families since its outbreak, but it is important to find the right insurance that covers the pandemic co
- If you are yet to receive your Covid-19 vaccine, read along to know the steps that you need to follow.
- The pandemic situation due to the novel Coronavirus, has been seen to record an ever-high number of deaths occurring globally. In the article, we discuss the impact of COVID-19 in comparison to other life-threatening diseases in India.
FAQs About COVID 19 Health Insurance Policy in India
What is not covered under a COVID-19 health insurance policy?
Coronavirus health insurance policy has the following exclusions:
- Expenses incurred due to participation in any adventurous sport
- Expenses related to treatment required due to self-inflicted injuries. For instance, attempt to suicide
- Claim arising due to war are not covered
- Venereal or sexually transmitted diseases are not covered
- Treatment of obesity or cosmetic surgery is not covered
- Cover for accidents while participating in defense operations are not covered
Can I avail cashless treatment facility under a COVID-19 health insurance policy?
Yes. You can avail both cashless as well as reimbursement treatment facility under a coronavirus health insurance policy. However, cashless treatment facilities can only be availed at a network hospital.
Is there any waiting period applicable for claims under COVID-19 health insurance plans?
If your policy covers OPD treatment expenses, then there is no waiting period. You can make a claim for OPD expenses in accordance with the terms and conditions mentioned under your policy. In case the hospitalisation is required due to COVID-19, then you will be required to complete an initial waiting period of 30 days if it is a fresh policy. You will not be required to complete a waiting period if the policy is renewed timely without any break.
Do health insurance plans for COVID-19 cover diagnostic tests and consultations with a medical practitioner?
If your COVID-19 health insurance policy protects you against OPD expenses, then you will be covered for all the consultations advised by a medical practitioner as well as diagnostic tests that he/she advises. You can make a claim for OPD expenses as per the terms and conditions stated under your COVID-19 health insurance policy. Also, many health insurance plans for COVID-19 cover pre-hospitalisation expenses and post-hospitalisation expenses for up to a specific number of days. These also include expenses related to diagnostic tests and consultations with a medical practitioner.
Should I get a COVID-specific insurance plan?
Yes. Getting a COVID-19 specific health insurance policy even if you have a standard health insurance policy is a wise option. This is because there are several benefits that you can enjoy under a COVID-19 specific health insurance policy that standard health insurance plans might not offer. There are two types of COVID-specific health insurance plans that you can choose from. These include Corona Kavach Policy and Corona Rakshak Policy.
Does the standard individual COVID-19 health insurance plan suit me?
Standard health insurance product for COVID-19 is an affordable health insurance plan that suits the requirements of all. The policy offers you sum insured options ranging between Rs. 1 lakh and Rs. 5 lakh in multiples of Rs. 50,000 and you can purchase the same to get coverage against several COVID-19 related medical expenses.
Which is the best insurance policy that covers COVID-19 treatment?
There are a few health insurance plans in the market that are especially designed to cover medical expenses incurred due to a positive diagnosis of COVID-19. Some of them are Corona Kavach Policy, Corona Rakshak Policy, and Arogya Sanjeevani Policy.
Is there any vaccine for COVID-19?
Yes. Currently, there are two vaccines in India for COVID-19, named Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin and Serum Institute of India’s Covishield. There is a third vaccine named Sputnik V, the first dose of which has recently been administered in Hyderabad. To check available vaccine slots, you can use the COVID-19 Vaccination Slot Finder
Is there any specific setting where COVID-19 can spread easily?
Any place where people are present close to each other or a place that does not have sufficient ventilation can increase the risk of spread of the coronavirus. In short, people present at indoor locations are at more risk compared to those at outdoor locations.
Can I get COVID-19 from eating fresh fruits and vegetables?
It has not been proven yet that people can get COVID-19 from fruits and vegetables or other food items. In fact, intake of fresh fruits and vegetables is recommended as it is healthy for a human body.
How should I wash fruits and vegetables in times of coronavirus?
Wash fruits and vegetables with clean water, especially if they are to be eaten raw. Also, do not forget to wash your hands thoroughly before handling them.
Which disinfectant should I use to clean regularly touched surfaces in my house?
To eliminate the virus from frequently touched household surfaces, use virucidal disinfectants like 0.05% sodium hypochlorite and at least 70% of ethanol based products.
Health Insurance Companies User Reviews
Health Insurance Articles
- Latest Articles
- Popular Articles
- Everything You Need to Know About Delta Plus Varia...
Delta Plus variant of COVID-19 i.e. B.1.617.2 was first seen...25 September 2021
- Things to Consider When Making Health Insurance Cl...
In order to make the most of your health insurance policy, y...18 September 2021
- How To Make A Cashless Health Insurance Claim?
To make cashless claims, the policyholder must seek treatmen...04 September 2021
- Common Health Insurance Mistakes And Ways to How t...
Deciding which health insurance policy to buy can be an over...21 August 2021
- 6 Reasons Why You Should Buy Health Insurance
A reliable health insurance plan comes handy in case of a he...07 August 2021
- Simple Ways To Spend Your Free Time During Corona...
Want to know how to spend time at home during coronavirus lo...26 March 2020
- How to Check Star Health Insurance Policy Status a...
Do you want to check Star Health Insurance policy status onl...21 September 2020
- Best Dental Insurance Plans You can Buy Online in ...
Purchasing dental health cover brings along many benefits. R...29 January 2020
- Best Health Insurance Companies In 2021 Based On C...
The claim settlement ratio is an important aspect of any ins...31 March 2021
- Deadliest Diseases in India
India is challenged by some deadliest diseases. Explore a l...27 April 2020
*Standard T&C Apply. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers, which are subject to modification .For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure of respective insurers carefully before concluding a sale. Tax benefits are subject to changes in applicable tax laws. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, (CIN: U66010RJ2016PTC054811, Regd .Off: Girnar 21, Govind Marg, Moti Doongari Road, Dharam Singh Circle, Jaipur, Rajasthan- 302004; Corp. Off: 11th Floor, Tower B, Emaar Digital Greens, Golf Course Extension Road, Sector-61, Gurugram-122102, Haryana. IRDAI License no 588. Direct Broker (Life & General) valid till 19th March 2023. Email - firstname.lastname@example.org ; Helpline number: 7551196989.
You authorise Girnar Insurance Brokers Pvt Ltd (insurancedekho) to contact you through call, SMS, email, WhatsApp or any other mode in future. You hereby override your NDNC registration.