Health Insurance Renewal Process
Health Insurance Renewal Process - Through InsuranceDekho
Step 1: Visit insuracedekho.com and click the ‘HEALTH.’
Step 2: Go to the menu bar and click ‘Renewal.’
Step 3: Provide the basic details like policy number and expiry date. Your details will automatically get fetched.
Step 4: Fill in other details if required.
Step 5: Make the payment by using your debit/credit card or net banking.
Step 6: On successful payment, a digitally signed copy of the policy will get generated and sent to your registered email id.
Step 7: Get a print of the issued policy to retain in a paper form.
Note: While renewing the policy, you can choose to increase the sum insured limit of your policy.
Health Insurance Renewal Process - Through the Insurer’s Website
Step 1: Visit the official website of the insurance company.
Step 2: Go to the health insurance renewal section available on the website.
Step 3: Enter your previous health insurance policy number and registered mobile number.
Step 4: Check the policy details and the policy renewal premium.
Step 5: Make the payment using your credit/debit card or Net banking.
Factors To Consider While Renewing A Health Insurance Policy
- Make sure whether you want to revise the sum insured limit as it can be done only at the time of renewal.
- A minimum of 15 days grace period is given from the expiry date to renew the policy.
- However, it’s good to renew it before the expiry date.
- If the policy lapses, you will lose ‘no claim bonus’ and waiting period benefits.
- Check the availability of after-sales customer support offered by the insurer.
Health Insurance Renewal FAQs
Q 1. Can I renew my health insurance policy after the expiry date?
Generally, a minimum of 15 days of the grace period is given after the expiry date. However, if you fail to renew within this period due to negligence, you will need to buy a new policy. If you have earned any bonuses on our previous policy, this bonus will be taken back. But, you will have to go through a waiting period of 2 to 4 years.
Q 2. Will I get reminders for the policy renewal before the expiry date?
Yes, depending on the insurance company you have chosen, you will get reminders for the renewal via email or text message. But, the insurers are not obliged to do so. You are solely responsible for renewing your policy on time.
Q 3. Is it possible to modify my add-on covers while renewing health insurance policy?
Yes. You have an option to opt-in or opt-out add-on covers while renewing your health insurance policy.
Q 4. How long does online renewal of a health insurance policy take?
As soon as you fill your details and make the payment, the policy will be renewed and sent to your registered email id.
Q 5. Can I renew my health insurance policy through InsuranceDekho website?
Yes, you can renew your health insurance policy through InsuranceDekho website.
Renew Your Health Insurance With
- Religare Health Insurance
- Max Bupa
- Star Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance
- HDFC ERGO Health Insurance
- Royal Sundaram General Insurance
- Universal Sompo General Insurance
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance
- Edelweiss General Insurance
- New India Assurance
- Reliance General Insurance
- Tata AIG General Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
- Liberty General Insurance
- United India Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio General Insurance
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance
- Future Generali India Insurance
- Bharti AXA General Insurance
- SBI General Insurance
- National Insurance
- Cholamandalam MS General Insurance
- Oriental Insurance
- Raheja QBE General Insurance
- Magma HDI General Insurance
- Go Digit General Insurance
- Reliance Health Insurance
- DHFL General Insurance