- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Edelweiss Standalone Own-Damage Car Insurance Policy
Standalone Own-Damage Insurance Policy provides coverage against damage or loss sustained by the car due to events such as accident, theft, fire, and so on. Based on the coverage, the own-damage cover is a section of the comprehensive car insurance cover which is designed to give complete protection to your car. Standalone own-damage covers are optional but they are highly recommended. Apart from financial protection, it brings some discounts to offer coverage at a lower premium rate.
Standalone Own-Damage Insurance V/S Third Party Insurance V/S Comprehensive Insurance
Edelweiss Third Party Insurance
Edelweiss Standalone Own-Damage
Edelweiss Comprehensive Insurance
Edelweiss third party car insurance covers legal and financial liabilities that may incur towards third parties for their injuries, death, as well as property damage.
Edelweiss standalone own-damage car insurance policy gives coverage for own-damage expenses which are due to road accidents, fire, theft, calamities, and so on. It also offers benefits like NCB and discounts for installing anti-theft devices, etc.
Edelweiss comprehensive car insurance policies give coverage for damage or loss incurred by your car due to accidents, theft, natural and man-made calamities. Also, it covers legal and financial liabilities against the damage sustained by the third party. It also gives NCB benefits and some discounts.
Edelweiss third party insurance holds no add-on cover with it.
Edelweiss standalone own-damage insurance provides different add-on covers.
Edelweiss comprehensive insurance gives an extensive range of add-on covers.
Edelweiss third party car insurance is available at a cheap rate as it provides limited coverage.
Edelweiss standalone own-damage car insurance is more expensive as it offers extended coverage.
Edelweiss comprehensive car insurance policy is the costliest one for providing comprehensive coverage.
What Is Covered Under Edelweiss Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
The own-damage policy covers your damage and loss in the given situations:
- Damages incurred due to accidents or collisions.
- Damages or losses sustained due to fire, explosion, etc
- Damages caused during the transportation via road, air, rail, air, etc.
- Damages suffered due to man-made disasters and natural calamities.
What is Not Covered Under Edelweiss Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
The own-damage policy does not offer any coverage for given situations:
- If driving was done under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The accident happened outside the specified geographical location.
- Loss incurred due to wear and tear or any mechanical breakdown.
- Damage or loss sustained due to depreciation or consequential loss.
Benefits of Edelweiss Standalone Own-Damage Policy
Here are several benefits of purchasing an Edelweiss standalone own-damage insurance plan:
- Add-on covers will be offered to enhance the coverage.
- No Claim Bonus will be given for every claim-free year.
- Coverage against damage or loss incurred by the insured car.
How to Purchase Edelweiss Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
Here are the steps to purchase Edelweiss standalone own-damage car insurance:
Step 1: Visit the website of InsuranceDekho and click on the ‘Car’ tab.
Step 2: Enter your car’s registration number. Otherwise, you can also enter the make, model, and variant of your car, etc., to proceed.
Step 3: Enter correct and exact personal details and select the ‘Submit and Get Quotes’ tab.
Step 4: Several policy quotes will appear. You can select an Edelweiss car insurance policy from them as per your needs.
Step 5: Make payment for the Edelweiss car insurance policy. After that, the policy document will be sent to your registered email ID.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Explore Edelweiss Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Edelweiss Car Insurance
- Read this article to know how to make a third-party car insurance claim from Edelweiss.
- Go through this article to take a note of the things roadside assistance cover by Edelweiss General Insurance.
Edelweiss Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
Good support for policy renewal by Loknath. He patiently explained all the queries and pros and cons of each p...
Excellent support renewal completed within minutes. There was a payment stuck which was also refunded in a day...
438 Edelweiss Cashless Garages in India
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- IRDAI Fixes Latest Premiums For Third-party Bike A...
IRDAI has fixed latest premium for both car and bike insuran...21 November 2022
- Is Tree Falling On Car Covered By Insurance?
Will you be compensated by your car insurance provider if a ...21 November 2022
- Do Sports Cars Cost Higher Insurance Premium?
Know more about sports car insurance having high premiums.18 November 2022
- Key Car Insurance Terms You Should Know About
According to the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, it is mandatory...15 November 2022
- Is animal attack covered under car insurance?
Animals might be difficult to avoid since they can suddenly ...10 November 2022
- How To Check Car Insurance Validity Online?
You can find information such as the accident vehicle's hist...17 October 2022
- Does The Colour Of Your Car Affect Your Insurance ...
Interestingly, the colour of your car will affect your insur...07 October 2022
- Is It Compulsory To Buy Insurance From Car Dealer...
When purchasing an insurance coverage, it's common to have s...18 October 2022
- How Much Does A Claim Affect Car Insurance?
How does making a car insurance claim affects the premium fo...03 November 2022
- How To Get Better Car Insurance Rates?
Your premium is determined by a number of variables, includi...21 October 2022