Digit Zero Depreciation Add-on
|Claim Settlement Ratio||80.47% in FY20|
|Emergency Assistance||Available 24/7|
|Number of Customers||90 lakh+|
|Claim Process||Digitally Enabled|
Digit Zero Depreciation Cover
The reduction in the value of a bike with passing time is taken into consideration as a depreciation factor by every insurance company. Depreciation is the process of losing monetary value of the two-wheeler due to factors such as wear and tear, age of the two-wheeler etc. Process of depreciation takes place over a period of time. Due to depreciation deductions you may have to pay a large amount from your own pocket at the time of filing a claim. A zero depreciation cover in such circumstances can be very useful, this cover can help the policyholder avail a claim settlement amount without considering depreciation deduction.
There is a deduction of depreciation charges from the claim amount at the time of claim settlement. To prevent this deduction, the policyholders can opt for Zero Depreciation cover along with a standalone own damage or a comprehensive bike insurance policy. Digit Zero Depreciation add-on prevents the loss of claim amount in lieu of depreciation.
Availing Digit Zero Depreciation cover ensures maximum claim amount irrespective of the depreciation factor. It offers free of cost repair and replacement of the depreciable parts of the insured’s bike.
Benefits of Digit Zero Depreciation Cover
Although you may have to pay an additional premium for the Zero Depreciation add-on cover, this add-on helps in enhancing the existing cover. Below mentioned are some benefits of Digit Zero Depreciation Cover:
1. Adds More Protection: Zero depreciation add-on cover provides more coverage and helps in enhancing the existing cover offered under a two-wheeler insurance policy. This add-on cover provides extensive coverage as this add-cover helps in availing a claim settlement amount without considering the depreciation deductions.
2. Higher Claim: If you choose to opt for Zero depreciation cover with your two-wheeler insurance policy it will expand the coverage. Zero Depreciation add-on cover eliminates the out of pocket expenses that the policyholder may have to bear at the time of filing the claim. Zero depreciation cover reduces the risk of lower claim amount as claim amount for a two-wheeler insurance policy with a zero depreciation cover is calculated without depreciation deductions.
3. Saves Money: When you buy a zero depreciation add-on cover for your two-wheeler insurance policy, the premium of the policy increases slightly but in case an unforeseen event occurs, no depreciation deductions shall be included in the two-wheeler claim amount because the claim amount shall be calculated without considering the depreciation which helps the policyholder to save money.
Depreciation Rate Applicable on Bike With And Without Zero Depreciation Add-on
Age of bike
Rate of Depreciation Without Zero Depreciation cover
Rate of Depreciation With Zero Depreciation cover
Under 6 months
6 months to 1 year
Above 10 years
Part of bike
Rate of Depreciation Without Zero Depreciation
Rate of Depreciation With Zero Depreciation
Rubber/nylon/ plastic parts
Fibre glass parts
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Bike Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 75cc two-wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
What is Included under a Digit Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy with Zero Depreciation Cover?
Below mentioned aspects shall be covered under a Digit Two-Wheeler Insurance policy with Zero Depreciation Cover:
- Compensation or Coverage for depreciable parts is provided to the policyholder for depreciable parts such as nylon, rubber, fibreglass and plastic parts.
- A two-wheeler policy with a zero depreciation cover may also cover partial damages to the battery and tyres without considering the depreciation.
- Cost of repairs or replacement born by the policyholder at the time of claim settlement shall be provided to the policyholder.
- You add the zero depreciation cover at the time of renewal of the purchase of the policy.
What Is not Included Under a Digit Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy with Zero Depreciation Cover?
Below mentioned are the aspects which shall not be covered under a Digit Two-Wheeler Insurance policy with Zero Depreciation Cover:
- Damage to insured vehicles caused due to mechanical faults/failure
- Loss or total damage to the insured vehicle shall be covered or compensated for.
- Damage to the uninsured items such as tires, gas kits or b-fuel kit of the two-wheeler shall not be covered or compensated for.
- Routine ageing/wear and tear will not be covered under a two-wheeler insurance policy with zero depreciation cover
Factors Affecting Digit Zero Depreciation Cover
Digit Zero Depreciation comes with multiple benefits provided that the following conditions are fulfilled:
- The age of the bike should not exceed 5 years.
- This cover can be claimed only twice in the entire policy tenure.
- Repair and replacement due to common wear and tear do not get covered.
- Coverage is not provided in cases of total loss, mechanical and electrical breakdown of the insured’s bike.
Calculate Your Bike Insurance
Explore Digit Bike Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Digit Bike Insurance
Benefits of Purchasing Long-Term Digit Bike Insurance PlanRead this article to know about benefits of purchasing a long-term digit bike insurance plan.
Digit Two-Wheeler Insurance: Claim And Renewal ProcessRead this article to understand how you can easily renew your Bike insurance with Go Digit General Insurance and claim it online.
Declaration Value of Your Two Wheeler ExplainedWhen getting your bike or two wheeler insured, there are many factors to consider that will impact the premium that you would be required to pay.
Benefits of Getting Your Bike Insured For Winter Road TripThe winter season can take a toll on your bike and your driving. How to make your winter road trip safe? Read along.
How to Check Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Status Online?Want to check two-wheeler insurance policy status online? Here are the ways you can check your two wheeler insurance policy status quickly. Know more.
Digit Bike Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
Easy claim application
When I met with an accident was not quite sure about the claim process. I had taken the Digit Bike Insurance...Read More
Low Premium Insurance Plan
Thank you InsuranceDekho for suggesting me a Digit Bike Insurance Policy plan for my KTM 125 Duke. I am happ...Read More
The InsuranceDekho website has a chat box feature on their site which is a useful feature. I used it while b...Read More
Availability of good bike insu...
I was advised to visit the InsuranceDekho website to get bike insurance done for my BMW G320R because they o...Read More
Accessible chat box feature
One of the best features of the InsuranceDekho website is its chat box feature. While going through the plan...Read More
Good online platform
Very good online platform to buy insurance of two wheeler with lower price rate and maximum covers like Driver...
Detailed product description
On InsuranceDekho’s website, I found an updated and informative product description about the Digit bike ins...Read More
Easy to understand
The policies on the InsuranceDekho website have detailed information about the insurance companies and at th...Read More
Customer care service
While buying the Digit bike insurance plan for my Aprilia storm 125 from the InsuranceDekho website I faced...Read More
Good experience and good navigation to the quote as well as payment proceeding. Easy to understand each and ev...
33 Digit Cashless Garages in India
Insurance Products by Digit General Insurance
Digit Zero Depreciation Add-on Cover FAQs
What are the factors that decide the rate of increase in the premium amount for opting Zero Depreciation cover?
The factors that decide the rate of increase in the premium amount for opting Zero Depreciation cover are as follows:
- Age of the vehicle.
- Model or variant of the vehicle.
- Area of residence.
Can I opt for Zero Depreciation add-on for a secondhand bike?
Yes, you can avail the Zero Depreciation cover for a secondhand bike provided its age does not exceed 5 years. An inspection may be conducted by the company before including this add-on to your policy.
Does Zero Depreciation cover provide coverage beyond the geographical zone?
The Digit Zero Depreciation cover will only provide coverage within the predetermined geographical zone. The insurer will not bear the expense of any damage incurred by the insured’s bike outside the geographical area.
Do I need to renew the Zero Depreciation cover every time I renew my Digit comprehensive bike insurance policy?
Yes, you need to renew the Zero Depreciation cover every time you renew your Digit comprehensive bike insurance policy provided it satisfies the conditions of Zero Depreciation cover at the time of renewal.
Does Digit Zero Depreciation cover provide free of cost repair of the rubber bike parts?
Yes, if you avail the Digit Zero Depreciation cover, then the insurance company provides free of cost repair of the rubber bike parts up to 2 claims in the network garages.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 45 lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Digit Bike Insurance Contact Details
InsuranceDekho7551196989Mon to Sun 10 AM to 7 PM
Digit Contact Details1800-103-444824/7 Toll-Free
Bike Insurance News
- Traffic Rules to Follow in Bangalore
Find out about the traffic rules and fines in Bangalore.22 March 2023
- All You Need To Know About Off-Road Biking
Find out the meaning and factors that you should keep in min...13 March 2023
- Things to Remember When Riding a Bike For the Firs...
Read on to understand all about the bike riding tips for beg...10 March 2023
- Helmet Laws In India: All You Need To Know
Know about the helmet laws in India. There are certain rules...09 March 2023
- Best scooters Under 150cc in India
Discover the best scooters under 150cc in India. Many compan...01 March 2023