United India Zero Depreciation Cover
The decrease in the value of a bike with the passing time is taken into consideration as a depreciation factor by the insurance companies. During claim settlement, the insurer deducts the depreciation charge from the claim amount. To prevent this deduction, the policyholder can opt for the Zero Depreciation cover along with a standalone own damage or a standard comprehensive plan. Opting for United India Zero Depreciation cover ensures the maximum claim amount at the time of claim settlement.
Availing United India Zero Depreciation cover prevents the loss of claim amount in lieu of depreciation charges. Zero Depreciation cover ensures the maximum claim amount without the deduction of the depreciation charges.
Benefits of United India Zero Depreciation Cover
- Higher claim: Zero Depreciation cover promises a higher claim amount as the insurer does not deduct any depreciation value. The policyholders can avail the maximum claim amount with Zero depreciation cover with a slight increase in the premium.
- Saves money: United India Zero Depreciation add-on cover takes care of the expense of repair and replacement of the depreciable parts of the insured’s bike irrespective of the depreciation factor. Thus, the policyholder can save money to be spent on the depreciated parts of the insured’s bike.
Zero Depreciation Insurance vs Normal Insurance
Age of bike
Rate of Depreciation Without Zero Depreciation cover
Rate of Depreciation With Zero Depreciation cover
Under 6 months
6 months to 1 year
Above 10 years
Part of bike
Rate of Depreciation Without Zero Depreciation
Rate of Depreciation With Zero Depreciation
Rubber/nylon/ plastic parts
Fibre glass parts
United India Zero Depreciation Cover Conditions
United India Zero Depreciation comes with multiple benefits provided that the following conditions are fulfilled.
- The age of the bike should not exceed 2 years.
- This cover can be claimed only twice in the entire policy tenure.
- Repair and replacement due to common wear and tear do not get covered.
- Coverage is not provided in cases of total loss, mechanical and electrical breakdown of the insured’s bike.
United India Bike Insurance User Reviews
United India Zero-Depreciation Add-on Cover FAQs
When can I add Zero Depreciation cover to my United India standalone own damage policy?
You can add Zero Depreciation cover to your United India standalone own damage policy at the time of purchase, renewal or in the middle of the tenure. However, an inspection may be conducted by the insurance company to check the condition of the insured’s bike.
Do I get free replacement of the metal bike parts under United India Zero Depreciation cover?
Yes, you receive free of cost replacement of the depreciated metal bike parts under United India Zero Depreciation cover.
Can I avail Zero Depreciation cover in case of theft of the insured’s bike?
No, you cannot avail Zero Depreciation cover in case of theft of the insured’s bike.
Does a Zero Depreciation cover ensure full claim amount?
No, opting for a Zero Depreciation cover does not ensure full claim amount as deductibles are factorized while calculating the claim amount. Zero Depreciation waivers only the depreciation charges ensuring maximum claim amount.
How can I add Zero Depreciation cover to United India bike insurance policy?
You can add the Zero Depreciation cover to your United India bike insurance policy on their official website or by visiting the nearest branch.