Bajaj Allianz Zero Depreciation Cover
Like all other assets, bikes also go depreciates or lose its value over time due. A standard comprehensive or standalone own-damage insurance policy does not cover depreciation. Thus, the insurance provider deducts the depreciation amount from the claim amount at the time of claim settlement. However, the Bajaj Allianz Zero Depreciation add-on cover helps the policyholders to do away with the depreciation expenses incurred by their bike.
With a Zero Depreciation cover, policyholders can claim the complete amount in case of any damage. The policyholders can get coverage for repairing and replacement of parts. Hence, policyholders can avoid loss in the value of the bikes.
Benefits of Bajaj Allianz Zero Depreciation Cover
- Maximum claim: With the Zero Depreciation cover added to the comprehensive or standalone own-damage bike insurance policy, policyholders can claim the complete sum without facing any depreciation charge.
- Helps Save money: The Zero Depreciation add-on provides protection against depreciation and damages caused to the bikes. By paying a little extra for the premium, the policyholders save money by getting the entire amount of claim and do not have to pay for any damage. Thus, this add-on helps in saving money.
Zero Depreciation Insurance vs Normal Insurance
Age of bike
Rate of Depreciation Without Zero Depreciation cover
Rate of Depreciation With Zero Depreciation cover
Under 6 months
6 months to 1 year
Above 10 years
Part of bike
Rate of Depreciation Without Zero Depreciation
Rate of Depreciation With Zero Depreciation
Rubber/nylon/ plastic parts
Fibre glass parts
Bajaj Allianz Zero Depreciation Cover Conditions
The Zero Depreciation cover offered along with the Bajaj Allianz Comprehensive bike policy has many perks, but there are a few conditions that need to be kept in mind.
- This cover can be availed by bikes with a maximum age of 2 years.
- The Zero Depreciation can be claimed only twice during the policy period.
- It does not include damage caused due to mechanical slip-up, common wear and tear.
- It does provide coverage in case of complete damage/loss.
Bajaj Allianz Bike Insurance User Reviews
Bajaj Allianz Zero-Depreciation Add-on Cover FAQs
Will Zero Depreciation provide coverage for total damage?
The Bajaj Allianz Zero Depreciation will not provide coverage for a total damage of the insured bikes. The case of a total loss is also excluded from the coverage.
I do not own a luxury bike, do I still need to get the Zero Depreciation Cover?
Repairing or replacing parts of bikes, be it luxury or inexpensive, will cost the owner. Therefore, a policyholder will benefit by adding the Zero Depreciation cover to the insurance policy.
Can I claim Zero Depreciation for glass and fibre glass parts of my bikes?
Yes, you can claim Zero Depreciation for glass and fibre glass parts of your bikes. Generally, 30% is depreciated for repairing or replacing the fibre parts without Zero Depreciation added to the policy. However, the rate for glass parts is 0% with the Zero Depreciation cover.
How can I add the Zero Depreciation cover to my insurance policy?
You can visit the official website of Bajaj Allianz bike insurance or call their toll free, customer care number 18002095858 and add the Zero Depreciation cover along with the comprehensive insurance policy. You can either add the Zero Depreciation cover while purchasing a new policy or renewing an old one.
How many times can the Zero Depreciation cover be claimed?
The Zero Depreciation Cover can be claimed twice during the complete policy period. Any subsequent claims are subject for deduction as per the standard rates of depreciation.