Future Generali Zero Depreciation Cover
The loss in the value of a bike over time is taken into consideration by the insurance companies as a depreciation factor. The depreciation charges are cut off from the claim amount at the time of claim settlement. You can opt for Zero Depreciation cover to avoid the deduction of depreciation charges. Future Generali Zero Depreciation cover ensures that the insurer does not deduct any depreciation charges from the claim amount.
Opting for Future Generali Zero Depreciation cover along with a standalone own damage or a comprehensive plan enables the policyholder to receive maximum claim amount. Moreover, it ensures free of cost repair and replacement of the depreciable parts of the insured’s bike.
Benefits of Future Generali Zero Depreciation Cover
- Higher claim: Zero Depreciation cover ensures a higher claim amount as the insurer does not deduct any depreciation charge. The policyholders can avail the maximum claim amount with Zero depreciation cover with a slight increase in the premium.
- Saves money: Future Generali Zero Depreciation add-on cover bears the expense of repair and replacement of the depreciable parts of the insured’s bike irrespective of the depreciation factor. Thus, the policyholder can save money to be spent on the depreciated parts of the insured’s bike.
Zero Depreciation Insurance vs Normal Insurance
Age of bike
Rate of Depreciation Without Zero Depreciation cover
Rate of Depreciation With Zero Depreciation cover
Under 6 months
6 months to 1 year
Above 10 years
Part of bike
Rate of Depreciation Without Zero Depreciation
Rate of Depreciation With Zero Depreciation
Rubber/nylon/ plastic parts
Fibre glass parts
Future Generali Zero Depreciation Cover Conditions
To avail the benefits of Future Generali Zero Depreciation, You need to abide by the conditions mentioned below.
- It can be availed by bikes with a maximum age of 5 years.
- You can claim this cover only twice in the entire policy period.
- The repair and replacement due to common wear and tear are exclusions under this cover.
- No coverage is provided in cases of a total loss, mechanical and electrical breakdown of the bike.
Future Generali Bike Insurance User Reviews
Future Generali Zero-Depreciation Add-on Cover FAQs
Does the Zero Depreciation cover provide for plastic parts of bikes?
Yes, Future Generali Zero Depreciation cover provides coverage for plastic parts of the insured’s bike. Thus, when you opt for it, the insurance company does not take into consideration the 50% depreciation rate applicable on it.
Do I receive the full claim amount if I opt for Zero Depreciation cover?
Adding Zero Depreciation cover ensures maximum claim by eliminating the depreciation factor. However, you do not receive the full claim amount as the deductibles will be factorized at the time of claim settlement.
What are the advantages of Future Generali Zero Depreciation cover?
The Future Generali Zero Depreciation cover provides the following advantages to its policyholders.
- Policyholders save significant cost on the repairs and maintenance of the depreciated parts of the insured’s bike.
- Ensures full IDV amount as the claim amount.
- Provides free of cost replacement of depreciated bike parts
Can I avail Zero Depreciation cover in case of theft of the insured’s bike?
No, you cannot avail Zero Depreciation cover in case of theft of the insured’s bike.
How can I add the Zero Depreciation cover to my policy?
Zero Depreciation cover can be added to your policy in the following ways
- By visiting its official website
- By dialling its helpline number 1860 500 3333 or 1800 220 233
- By visiting the nearest branch
You can add this cover to your comprehensive bike insurance policy at the time of purchase, renewal or in the middle of the tenure.