Digit Third Party Bike Insurance
- No Inspection Needed
- Immediate Policy Issurance
Calculate Your Bike Insurance Premium Online
Select your Two wheeler brand
Which city is your Two wheeler registered in?
When did you buy your Two wheeler?
Digit Third Party Bike Insurance
Digit General Insurance is one of the most trusted insurance companies as it has been successfully shielding the policyholders from the uncertainties of life over time. Digit third party bike insurance policy assists you to fulfil the statutory requirement of the Indian Motor Tariff Act and relieves you from the burden of third party liabilities as well. Digit General Insurance has tried to enhance the experience of the policyholders by setting up a user-friendly website. The Digit third party Bike insurance provides basic coverage to provide financial and legal assistance for the third party damage incurred due to the insured’s bike.
Digit Third Party Bike Insurance vs Comprehensive Bike Insurance Policy
Third Party Bike Insurance
Comprehensive Bike Insurance
A third-party insurance cover will provide the owner of the two-wheeler financial and legal protection against the third party liabilities which may include bodily injuries, death or damage to the property of the third party that can arise during an unpredicted event or any mushapy. A third-party insurance policy is mandatory for a two-wheeler owner in India as per the Motor Vehicles Act.
Two-wheeler comprehensive insurance cover provides all-round coverage to the owner of the two-wheeler. This type of insurance policy provides coverage and compensation to the two-wheeler owner against the damage to the two-wheeler of the policyholder and third-party liabilities that may arise during an unpredicted event or any mishap.
Nature of Requirement
You cannot avail any add-on covers under a third-party insurance policy as this policy provides limited coverage.
You can avail add-on covers under a comprehensive insurance policy. Some add-on coverages offered by the insurance company are Zero Depreciation Cover, Return to Invoice, Consumable Cover, Breakdown Assistance and Engine & Gear-box Protection Cover.
Third-party insurance policy has been made compulsory for all two-wheeler owners in India as per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 as this policy provides financial and legal assistance to the policyholder.
Comprehensive insurance policy is not compulsory to have but is generally recommended as this type of insurance policy provides holistic coverage and after purchasing a comprehensive policy you will require a third-party insurance cover because comprehensive insurance policy already includes third-party liabilities.
A third-party insurance policy is quite affordable because this policy provides limited coverage.
As compared to a third-party insurance policy a comprehensive insurance policy is expensive because this policy covers the cost of own damages and third party liabilities.
What All Is Covered Under Digit Third-Party Bike Insurance Plan?
Digit third party bike insurance policy provides coverage for the following:
- Personal Damage to Third Party: In case a person gets injured during an accident all his/her medical expenses till the injured person recovers are taken care of with the help of a third party insurance policy. A third party insurance policy covers the third party liabilities which include bodily injuries or demise of the third party. In case of the unfortunate demise of the third party, compensation is provided.
- Property Damage to Third Party: In case there's any damage caused to the property of the third party such as damage to someone’s two-wheeler, house or any other property compensation for the damage shall be provided. Third-party liabilities such as property damage shall be covered under this insurance policy.
What All Is Not Covered Under Digit Third-Party Bike Insurance Plan?
Digit third party bike insurance plan does not provide coverage for the following:
- Damages to your own vehicle shall not be covered under this policy.
- This insurance policy shall not cover driving under the influence of alcohol for driving without a license.
- Driving without a valid license shall not be covered under this policy.
Key Benefits of Purchasing Digit Third-Party Bike Insurance
A third party bike insurance policy is compulsory to be owned by every two-wheeler owner, it does offer limited coverage but can be very useful in difficult times. Below mentioned are some benefits of purchasing a Digit Third-Party Bike Insurance policy:
1. Financial and Legal Assistance: Third-party two-wheeler provides coverage against the policyholder's legal liabilities in the event of personal or property damage to any third party. In such circumstances legal and financial burden on the policyholder is taken care of with the help of a third party insurance policy. Monetary and legal assistance is provided in case of an unforeseen demise/bodily injury/property damage to the third party.
2. Peace of Mind: A third party insurance policy gives the owner of the two-wheeler a sense of peace of mind while driving the two-wheeler. This policy not only provides legal/financial protection in times of crisis but also allows you to comply with the law and drive your two-wheeler legally on all Indian roads. This type of policy can be very beneficial in case an unpredictable event takes place.
3. Quite Affordable: A two-wheeler third party insurance policy is the basic type of coverage a two-wheeler owner must-have. This policy provides limited coverage and is very affordable. People often choose a third party insurance cover as it is very cost-effective.
4. 24x7 Assistance: If you purchase a Digit third-party two-wheeler insurance policy you can avail of the 24x7 assistance facility in case an unforeseen event takes place.
Explore Digit Bike Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Digit Bike Insurance
- Want to check two-wheeler insurance policy status online? Here are the ways you can check your two wheeler insurance policy status quickly. Know more.
- Third party bike insurance policy is the most basic insurance cover for bikes. Let's explore it in detail.
- Read this article to know about benefits of purchasing a long-term digit bike insurance plan.
- Read this article to understand how you can easily renew your Bike insurance with Go Digit General Insurance and claim it online.
- When getting your bike or two wheeler insured, there are many factors to consider that will impact the premium that you would be required to pay.
Digit Bike Insurance User Reviews
- Third Party
- Most Helpful
- Zero Depreciation
- Own Damage
- Cashless Garages
- Policy Download
- Customer Care
- Add On
33 Digit Cashless Garages in India
Digit Third Party Bike Insurance Policy FAQs
Can I extend the coverage for the Digit third party bike insurance policy?
No, you cannot stretch the coverage of the Digit third party bike insurance policy as it does not offer any add-on covers. It provides basic coverage. For extensive coverage, you can opt for the comprehensive bike insurance policy.
What are the documents required to buy Digit third party bike insurance policy online?
No document is needed for buying the Digit third party bike insurance policy online. The insurer just requires the registration number of your bike and the policy number of your previous insurance policy, if any.
Does the Digit third party bike insurance policy provide coverage for pillion riders?
Yes, the Digit third party bike insurance policy provides coverage for the pillion rider or the passenger on the backseat.
Does the third party bike insurance policy cover for the accidents beyond city limits?
Digit third party bike insurance policy will provide coverage for the accident of the insured’s bike beyond the city limits if the location of the accident falls within the predecided geographical area.
Do I get coverage for bike theft under Digit third party bike insurance policy?
No, Digit third party bike insurance policy provides the basic coverage only for the third party. The insured does not get compensated for the theft of the insured’s bike under this policy.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 50 lakhs happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Bike Insurance News
Check out our list of top models, including prices, features...27 October 2023
Know the key differences between spoke wheels and alloy whee...27 October 2023
Know the RTO rules, guidelines, benefits and highlights for ...27 October 2023
Explore the cheapest and most affordable third-party two-whe...25 October 2023
Looking for the best low maintenance bikes in India in 2023?...25 October 2023