Liberty Zero Depreciation Cover
The depreciation in the value of the bike with time is taken into account by the insurance companies at the time of claim settlement. The depreciation charges are deducted from the claim amount. However, a Zero Depreciation cover along with a standalone own damage or a comprehensive plan can prevent this deduction.
Availing Liberty Zero Depreciation cover enables the policyholder to achieve the maximum claim amount irrespective of the depreciation factor. This cover provides the privilege of free of cost repair and replacement of the depreciable bike parts.
Benefits of Liberty Zero Depreciation Cover
- Higher claim: Availing the Zero Depreciation add-on prevents the deduction of any depreciation charges from the claim money. Thus, it ensures that the policyholders can enjoy the maximum claim amount.
- Helps saves money: Under the Liberty Zero Depreciation cover, the free repair and replacement of the depreciated bike parts can be availed. Therefore, the policyholders can save the money needed for the repair and replacement of the depreciable bike parts.
Zero Depreciation Insurance vs Normal Insurance
Age of bike
Rate of Depreciation Without Zero Depreciation cover
Rate of Depreciation With Zero Depreciation cover
Under 6 months
6 months to 1 year
Above 10 years
Part of bike
Rate of Depreciation Without Zero Depreciation
Rate of Depreciation With Zero Depreciation
Rubber/nylon/ plastic parts
Fibre glass parts
Liberty Zero Depreciation Cover Conditions
Liberty Zero Depreciation comes with multiple benefits provided that the following conditions are fulfilled.
- The age of the bike should not exceed 2 years.
- This cover can be claimed only twice in the entire policy tenure.
- Repair and replacement due to common wear and tear do not get covered.
- Coverage is not provided in cases of total loss, mechanical and electrical breakdown of the insured’s bike.
Liberty Bike Insurance User Reviews
Liberty Zero-Depreciation Add-on Cover FAQs
When can I add Zero Depreciation cover to my Liberty comprehensive bike insurance policy?
You can add the Zero Depreciation cover to your Liberty comprehensive bike insurance policy at the time of purchase, renewal or in the middle of the tenure. However, an inspection may be conducted by the insurance company to check the condition of the insured’s bike.
Does the Zero Depreciation cover provide for rubber parts of bikes?
Yes, Liberty Zero Depreciation cover provides coverage for rubber parts of the insured’s bike. Thus, when you opt for it, the insurance company does not take into consideration the 50% depreciation rate applicable on it.
Who should opt for the Zero Depreciation cover?
Everyone should opt for Zero Depreciation cover to get the maximum claim amount. However, it is best suited for the following people.
- New bike owners
- Inexperienced bike drivers
- Luxury bike owners
- Owners living in the accident-prone zones.
Do I get free replacement of the fibreglass bike parts under Liberty Zero Depreciation cover?
Yes, you receive free of cost replacement of the fibreglass bike parts under Liberty Zero Depreciation cover.
I don’t own a luxury bike, do I still need to add the Zero Depreciation cover to my policy?
You can add the Zero Depreciation cover to your policy even if you don’t own a luxury car for the maximum protection. It will help you to get the parts of your bike repaired or replaced without costing you any money.