National Zero Depreciation Add-on
- No Inspection Needed
- Immediate Policy Issurance
Calculate Your Bike Insurance Premium Online
Select your Two wheeler brand
Which city is your Two wheeler registered in?
When did you buy your Two wheeler?
National Zero Depreciation Cover
The loss in value incurred by bikes over time is known as depreciation. Insurers take this depreciation under consideration and deduct a depreciation charge from the claim amount at the time of claim settlement. Policyholders cannot avoid the depreciation charge with a standard comprehensive plan or a standalone own damage plan, but the Zero Depreciation cover helps in getting rid of the depreciation sum.
The National comprehensive bike insurance policy offers an extensive coverage with the Zero Depreciation add-on cover. This cover prevents the insurer from charging any depreciation amount. It provides coverage for repair and replacement as well. Thus, with the Zero Depreciation cover added to the comprehensive bike insurance policy, the policyholders can avail maximum claim and zero additional expense.
Benefits of National Zero Depreciation Add-on Cover
- Higher claim: By paying a little extra premium for the Zero Depreciation cover, the policyholders can enjoy the maximum claim. As no depreciation charge gets deducted with the Zero Depreciation cover, the policyholders can claim the entire sum.
- Helps in saving money: The National Zero Depreciation add-on cover bears the expense of repairing and replacing the parts of the insured’s bike. Thus, the policyholder can save money which is to be spent on repairing and replacing bike parts.
Depreciation Rate Applicable on Bike With And Without Zero Depreciation Add-on
Age of Bike
Rate of Depreciation Without Zero Depreciation Cover
Rate of Depreciation With Zero Depreciation Cover
Under 6 months
6 months to 1 year
Above 10 years
Part of Bike
Rate of Depreciation Without Zero Depreciation
Rate of Depreciation With Zero Depreciation
Fibre glass parts
Factors Affecting National Zero Depreciation Cover
The National Zero Depreciation cover provides many benefits to the policyholders, however, certain conditions should be taken under consideration:
- The Zero Depreciation cover can be availed by bikes with the maximum age of 2 years
- Policyholders can claim Zero Depreciation only twice during the policy tenure
- Common wear and tear is not covered under the Zero Depreciation cover
- This cover does not apply in the case of complete damage or loss.
Explore National Bike Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying National Bike Insurance
- Have a Look at this article to take note of the things that you should consider when renewing bike insurance.
- Two Wheeler Insurance Expired? What to do if your two-wheeler insurance has expired? What Happens If You Don’t Have a Two-Wheeler Insurance? Know more
- Learn easy steps to renew expired bike insurance online. An expired policy leads to fines and legal charges. Thus, it is wise to get your policy renew
National Bike Insurance User Reviews
- Zero Depreciation
- Most Helpful
- Third Party
- Own Damage
- Cashless Garages
- Policy Download
- Customer Care
- Add On
National Zero-Depreciation Add-on Cover FAQs
Does the National Zero Depreciation add-on cover consequential damage?
No, the National Zero Depreciation add-on does not provide coverage for any consequential loss or damage caused to the insured’s bike under any circumstances. The policyholder will have to bear the cost of the consequential damage or loss.
Who should opt for the Zero Depreciation cover?
Everyone can opt for the Zero Depreciation cover for extensive coverage. However, it is best suited for the following:
- New bike owners
- New or inexperienced bike drivers
- Luxury bike owners
- Owners or drivers living in the accident-prone zones.
Does the Zero Depreciation cover need to be renewed each time I renew the policy?
Yes, you need to renew the Zero Depreciation cover each time you renew your comprehensive bike insurance policy. You will not be able to avail the benefits of the cover without renewing it timely.
WIll the National Zero Depreciation add-on cover the repairing cost of fibre glass and glass parts?
The National Zero Depreciation add-on will provide coverage for the fibre glass parts but the glass parts are not included under this add-on. The depreciation rate of fibre glass without the Zero Depreciation cover is 30% and with the Zero Depreciation cover is nil.
Can I add the Zero Depreciation cover during the renewal of my policy?
Yes, you can add the Zero Depreciation cover at the time of renewal provided you have opted for the comprehensive bike insurance policy. The Zero Depreciation cover can be added in the middle of the policy tenure as well.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 50 lakhs happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Bike Insurance News
Stay informed on bike helmet safety!25 September 2023
Learn how to reduce your two-wheeler insurance premium and r...25 September 2023
Discover essential insights into two-wheeler insurance polic...23 September 2023
Discover more about the impact of bike engine capacity on mo...23 September 2023
Secure your ride and peace of mind with our comprehensive Mo...23 September 2023