SBI Zero Depreciation Cover
The value of a bike decreases with time. This loss of value is considered by the insurance companies at the time of claim settlement and an amount gets deducted as depreciation charge from the claim amount. To prevent this deduction, the policyholders can opt for Zero Depreciation add-on along with the comprehensive and standalone own damage bike insurance policy. The SBI comprehensive bike insurance policy offers Zero Depreciation cover to prevent the charge of any depreciation cost from the claim amount.
A Zero Depreciation cover can be opted with SBI comprehensive bike insurance policy as well as the SBI standalone own-damage bike insurance policy. This add-on ensures that the depreciation charge of the insured’s bike does not get deducted from the claim amount.
Benefits of SBI Zero Depreciation Cover
- Higher claim: With Zero Depreciation add-on added to the comprehensive bike insurance policy, no depreciation charge gets deducted from the claim money. It ensures the policyholders to enjoy the maximum claim amount without any additional expense due to depreciation.
- Helps save money: The policyholder can enjoy an extensive coverage with a slight increase in premium by adding Zero Depreciation cover. With this add-on, the insurer bears the expense of repairing and replacing the depreciated parts of the insured’s bike.
Zero Depreciation Insurance vs Normal Insurance
Age of bike
Rate of Depreciation Without Zero Depreciation cover
Rate of Depreciation With Zero Depreciation cover
Under 6 months
6 months to 1 year
Above 10 years
Part of bike
Rate of Depreciation Without Zero Depreciation
Rate of Depreciation With Zero Depreciation
Rubber/nylon/ plastic parts
Fibre glass parts
SBI Zero Depreciation Cover Conditions
To avail the benefits of Zero Depreciation, You need to abide by some of the conditions mentioned below.
- The Zero Depreciation cover can be availed by bikes with the maximum age of 2 years
- You can claim this cover only twice in the entire policy period.
- The repair and replacement due to common wear and tear are not covered.
- No coverage is provided in cases of a total loss, mechanical and electrical breakdown of the bike
SBI Bike Insurance User Reviews
SBI Zero-Depreciation Add-on Cover FAQs
Who should opt for the Zero Depreciation Cover?
The Zero Depreciation add-on can be opted by any bike owners to avoid the depreciation charge and the expense of repairing or replacing bike parts. However, it is best suited for the following.
- Luxury bike owners
- New or inexperienced drivers.
- For those driving in accident-prone zones.
Does the Zero Depreciation cover provide for fibre glass parts of bikes?
Yes, the Zero Depreciation provides coverage for the fibre glass parts of the insured bike. The rate of depreciation for fibre glass parts without the Zero Depreciation is 30%. But with the Zero Depreciation cover, no depreciation charges are deducted.
Can I add the Zero Depreciation cover during the renewal of my policy?
Yes, you can add the Zero Depreciation cover at the time of renewal along with the comprehensive bike insurance policy.
Do I receive the full claim amount if I opt for Zero Depreciation cover?
Adding Zero Depreciation cover ensures maximum claim by eliminating the depreciation factor. However, you do not receive the full claim amount as the deductibles will be factorized at the time of claim settlement.
How do I calculate the depreciation on my bike?
You can calculate the depreciation charge applicable on your bike with the above-mentioned depreciation charges table. You may also call on the toll-free number of SBI General Insurance (1800 22 1111) or visit the nearest branch to get further assistance.