Liberty General Bike Insurance Add-On Covers
Liberty General bike insurance policies can be extended to cover more risks by purchasing additional covers known as add-on covers. But for this, you will be charged an extra premium. Different insurers offer different coverage under add-on benefits and hence charge different premium amounts. It is not mandatory to buy add-on covers but you can opt for additional coverage if you have a standalone own-damage bike insurance policy or a comprehensive bike insurance policy as a base policy.
Liberty - 5 Important Add-On Covers For Your Bike Insurance Policy
Liberty General offers a number of add-on benefits that you can opt for as per your budget and requirements. These add-on covers are explained below:
- Depreciation Cover: Usually in case of a bike insurance claim, the insurer bears the cost after deducting the depreciation on value of the bike parts. But if you purchase this add-on cover, then the insurer shall bear the depreciation amount in case of an admissible claim under own-damage section.
- Consumables Cover: If you purchase this add-on cover, then the insurer will protect you against the expenses arising due to those items or substances that at the time of loss were either totally consumed or unfit for further use in your bike. For instance, grease, nut and bolt, break oil, fuel filter, screw, and similar items. You can avail the benefit for these expenses under a package policy.
- Gap Value Cover: With the gap value add-on cover, you can receive the difference amount between the amount received under own damage section or the current replacement value of the bike if the same make and model is available, whichever is less in case of total theft or constructive total loss/total loss of the bike. With this add-on, you will not even have to worry about the road tax and the first time registration charges if specified. You will be covered up to the maximum liability as mentioned in your policy schedule.
- Roadside Assistance Cover: Roadside assistance cover offers you protection in case of breakdown of your vehicle for a maximum of 4 claims in a policy period. These services may include breakdown support over phone, minor repair (on-site), assistance in case of lost keys, transfer or towing due to major breakdowns, flat tyre support, etc. The cover also provides you for alternative transport assistance to the nearest safe location for passengers of the bike.
- Engine Safe Cover: The add-on benefit of engine safe cover offers you protection against the consequential damage caused to the internal child parts of your bike’s engine, due to leakage of lubricating oil or water ingression and/or damage to your bike’s gearbox because of leakage of lubricating oil because of accidental means. If you buy this cover, then you will be compensated for child parts such as connecting rods, pistons, cylinder head, and crankshaft. It also covers the labor cost to repair the damaged engine and gearbox and cost related to repair or replacement of internal parts of the gearbox like shafts in the gearbox housing, etc.
Accidents can be fatal for both the rider as well as the pillion rider. Therefore, it is recommended to purchase relevant add-on covers along with your Liberty General bike insurance policy. These not only minimise the financial loss but offer you greater protection in misfortune events.
Explore Liberty Bike Insurance
- Read More
- Read More
- Read More
Liberty Bike Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
Why Choose Bike Insurance from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Latest Bike Insurance News
- How to Reduce Two Wheeler Insurance Premium
Know how to get the best quote for bike insurance. Here are ...30 September 2020
- Tips for First Time Bike Insurance Buyers
Buying Bike Insurance For the First Time? Here is a complete...29 September 2020
- Advantage of Add-on Covers in Two-wheeler Insuranc...
Learn advantage of add-on covers in two-wheeler insurance po...21 September 2020
- Insurance For Second Hand Two Wheeler Explained
Why get a second-hand bike insured? What is a Second-hand Bi...18 September 2020
- Benefits of Timely Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal
Learn benefits of timely online two wheeler insurance renewa...17 September 2020
- Two Wheeler Insurance Claim Rejection Reasons
Learn 7 reasons for rejection of two-wheeler insurance claim...15 September 2020