- Save upto 75%*Lowest Bike Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 75cc two-wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Universal Sompo Bike Insurance Add-On Covers
Add-on covers are extra coverage benefits that you can purchase to extend the coverage of your standard bike insurance policy by paying an extra premium. They expand the scope of your policy thereby offering you greater protection. Universal Sompo General Insurance offers a bouquet of add-on covers from which you can select as per your budget and requirements and enhance the coverage by paying a minimal premium.
Universal Sompo - 10 Important Add-On Covers For Your Bike Insurance Policy
Universal Sompo General Insurance offers you a great number of add-on benefits that offer you extra assurance and peace of mind. These are explained below:
- Engine Protector Motor OD Add-On: Engine protector add-on cover indemnifies for expenses incurred in replacement or repair due to leakage of lubricating oil that leads to damage to engine parts, gearbox parts, etc and water ingression due to flood.
- NCB Protector Motor OD Add-On: NCB Protector add-on benefit makes the insured entitled to get the No Claim Bonus discount in the next policy year which he/she would otherwise lose in case of claim(s) made during a policy year. So, if you buy this cover, then the policy year will be treated claim-free even if claim(s) is made.
- Return to Invoice: If you have this add-on cover, then you can get the difference of the on road price of your bike at the time of its purchase and the current replacement price if the same make and model is available. Note that it is applicable for bikes not older than 5 years.
- Daily Cash Allowance Benefit: This add-on cover can be beneficial in case your bike is laid up in an authorized garage or service station for repair in case of accidental damages. The benefit can be availed for a maximum of 5 days in excess of 3 days in case of accidental damage claims. In case of theft, the allowance is provided for up to 10 days with an excess of only 1 day. This is applicable for the bikes not older than 5 years.
- Additional Accidental Injury Compensation for Owner Driver: This add-on benefit covers you for an amount of Rs. 1 lakh, Rs. 2 lakh, Rs. 3 lakh, for up to Rs. 8 lakh against accidental injury leading to permanent total disablement or death in an accident when driving the insured bike.
- Additional Accidental Injury Compensation For Family: This add-on cover protects your family member in case of risk of assault or any other bodily injury due to an accident that involves the insured vehicle and leads to death/permanent partial disability/permanent total disability. The benefits can be availed as per the terms and conditions mentioned in the policy document.
- Wider PA Benefit Clause for Owner Driver: The add-on cover provides you protection 24*7 in case of risks or assault or bodily injuries that leads to death/permanent total loss in case of accident, no matter if you are riding the insured two-wheeler or not.
- Roadside Assistance: This add-on cover offers you great protection by covering you and providing you 24*7 roadside assistance, towing facility, repair on the spot, puncture assistance, emergency fuel delivery, vehicle key lockout assistance, cab service, shipment of spares, cab service, accommodation, and Tele Assistance, Route Guidance And Relay of Emergency Message.
- Cost of Consumables: This add-on cover protects the insured against expenses incurred towards replacement of consumable items in case of damage caused to the insured vehicle and/or to the insured accessories as per the terms and conditions of the policy.
- Hospital Daily Cash Cover: With this add-on cover, you can enjoy daily cash benefit of Rs. 2,000 every day of hospitalisation for a maximum of 30 days. Note that the benefit can be availed only in case of in-patient hospitalisation and if it is a result of accident due to an insured bike.
It is not mandatory to buy add-on covers along with a standard bike insurance policy. But if you find any of the above-mentioned add-on cover beneficial, and wish to purchase, then you must have a standalone bike insurance policy or a comprehensive bike insurance policy.
Calculate Your Bike Insurance
Explore Universal Sompo Bike Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Universal Sompo Bike Insurance
Universal Sompo Bike Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
17 Universal Sompo Cashless Garages in India
Universal Sompo Bike Insurance Add-On Cover FAQs
How many add-on covers are offered with the Universal Sompo bike insurance plans?
The Universal Sompo bike insurance policies come with a many bike insurance add-on covers that include Engine Protector, NCB Protector, Return to Invoice, Daily Cash Allowance Benefit, Roadside Assistance, Cost of Consumables, Hospital Daily Cash Cover and so on.
How many add-on covers can I opt for at a time?
You can opt for unlimited offered add-on covers as you want at a time in your bike insurance policy based on your budget and requirement.
Is it compulsory to add an add-on cover in the bike insurance policy?
No, it is not compulsory to include an add-on cover in your bike insurance policy. It is an optional benefit which you can avail to increase the insurance coverage of your bike insurance cover.
Will I have to pay an extra amount of premium to avail add-on covers?
Yes, you will have to pay an extra amount of premium to avail add-on covers based on their prices specified in the policy document or online purchase portal of the insurance company.
When can I purchase the Universal Sompo bike insurance add-on covers?
You can purchase the bike insurance add-on covers either at the time of insurance policy purchase or during the insurance policy renewal process.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Bike Insurance News
- How Can I Check My Edelweiss Two-Wheeler Insurance...
Read this article to know how to check the Edelweiss two-whe...25 October 2021
- Benefits of Purchasing Long-Term Digit Bike Insura...
Read this article to know about benefits of purchasing a lon...25 October 2021
- How to Find Ideal Two-Wheeler Insurance for City R...
It is important to cover your two-wheeler with the right ins...24 October 2021
- Things To Consider Before Purchasing Bike Insuranc...
Read this article to take a note of the things that you shou...22 October 2021
- Why Is It Mandatory to Have Bike Insurance in Indi...
Read this article to know why it is mandatory to have bike i...22 October 2021
- Benefits of Multi-Year Two-Wheeler Insurance Cover...
Multi-year two-wheeler insurance is quite beneficial for the...18 September 2021
- Top Ways to Save Money on Bike Insurance Renewal
Read to know about some ways to save money on the renewal of...29 August 2021
- Everything About Personal Accident Cover in Bike I...
It offers financial aid to the policyholder against bodily i...17 September 2021
- How To Get Your Bike Insurance Policy Renewed Fast...
To drive a car without holding an insurance policy is a puni...10 September 2021
- Anti-Lock Braking System And Its Important Factors
This article will talk about the many aspects of the Anti-Lo...09 September 2021