DHFL Third Party Bike Insurance
DHFL General Insurance provides an economical solution to shield thousands of people from the unforeseen events of life. DHFL third party bike insurance policy for bikes fulfills the mandatory requirement of law as well as provides assistance to deal with third party liabilities arising due to accidents involving the insured’s bike.
DHFL General Insurance has made it simpler for common people to reach out to them through their online portal. It has even set up an efficient help desk service to assist the policyholders. The DHFL third party bike insurance provides basic coverage of financial and legal liabilities towards the third party.
DHFL Third Party Bike Insurance vs Comprehensive Bike Insurance
Third Party bike
It takes care of the financial and legal liabilities of the third party only.
It provides coverage for the third party as well as own damages of the insured’s bike.
Nature of Requirement
It is a mandatory requirement as per the Indian Motor Tariff Act.
Its purchase depends on the preference of the policyholder.
Third party insurance does not provide any options for add-ons.
A wide range of add-on covers is available along with a comprehensive insurance policy.
The third party insurance is most cost-effective due to its limited coverage.
The comprehensive policy is relatively costlier due to its extensive coverage.
What All is Covered Under DHFL Third Party Bike Insurance Policy?
The DHFL third party bike insurance policy provides coverage for the following:
- Financial liabilities of third party property damage: This policy provides coverage for any property damage of the third party caused by the insured’s bike. The insurer provides coverage for third party property damage up to Rs. 1 Lakh.
- Bodily injuries/loss of life of the third party: The insurer provides compensation for bodily injuries, disability or loss of life of the third party caused in any accident involving the insured’s bike. The compensation amount, however, is decided by the court of law.
DHFL Bike Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
2 Dhfl Cashless Garages in India
DHFL Third Party Bike Insurance FAQs
What documents do I need to buy the DHFL third party insurance policy?
You require the following documents for buying the DHFL third party bike insurance policy:
- Photo ID proof and address proof (Aadhar card, Voter Id, PAN Card or Passport)
- The Copy of the valid driving license
- The registration number of bike
- The RC certificate.
If my bike is damaged in a riot, do I get coverage under DHFL third party bike insurance policy?
No, DHFL third party bike insurance policy does not cover the damage of the insured’s bike under any circumstances even in riots.
Can I stretch the coverage of the DHFL third party bike insurance policy?
No, you cannot stretch the coverage of the DHFL third party bike insurance policy as it does not provide the options of the add-ons. It gives the basic coverage. However, for the extensive coverage, you can opt for the comprehensive bike insurance policy.
What is the coverage provided if there is permanent total disablement of the third party in case of an accident with the insured’s bike?
The insurer provides 100% of the assured amount as compensation in case of permanent total disablement of the third party caused due to an accident with the insured’s bike.
How can I get the quote for my DHFL third party bike insurance policy?
You can easily get the quote of DHFL third party bike insurance policy online. You have to go to their official website. Then fill in the vehicle number of your bike and click on “NEXT”. You can also opt to use the “Get your Quotes” feature of Insurance Dekho.
Why Choose Bike Insurance from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Latest Bike Insurance News
- Insurance For Second Hand Two Wheeler Explained
Why get a second-hand bike insured? What is a Second-hand Bi...18 September 2020
- Benefits of Timely Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal
Learn benefits of timely online two wheeler insurance renewa...17 September 2020
- Two Wheeler Insurance Claim Rejection Reasons
Learn 7 reasons for rejection of two-wheeler insurance claim...15 September 2020
- How to Change Two Wheeler Insurance
If you want to change your insurer in the middle of your pol...14 September 2020
- Everything About Bike Insurance Types, Benefits an...
What are the types of two-wheeler insurance in India? Why is...11 September 2020
- Understand Theft Cover of Two-Wheeler Insurance Pl...
Understand Theft Cover of Two-Wheeler Insurance Plans10 September 2020