National Own Damage Bike Insurance
- No Inspection Needed
- Immediate Policy Issurance
Calculate Your Bike Insurance Premium Online
Select your Two wheeler brand
Which city is your Two wheeler registered in?
When did you buy your Two wheeler?
National Standalone Own-Damage Bike Insurance Policy
Two-wheeler insurance offers protection for both the insurance holder and the two-wheeler in case there is an unfortunate event. It does this by offering compensation to the policyholder in times of crisis and thereby giving financial stability to them. An own-damage insurance cover will take care of the own-damage costs of the two-wheeler in the event of a mishap. Moreover, it will provide this coverage in many different scenarios including cases of vandalism, theft, road accidents, natural and manmade calamities, fires and explosions. Moreover, when paired along with a compulsory third party insurance cover it is sure to provide an all-around protective layer for the two-wheeler and the insurance holder. Since the uncertainties of the road are always constant anxiety for every two-wheeler rider and their family, this insurance will also offer a certain peace of mind.
Standalone Own-Damage Insurance V/S Third Party Insurance V/S Comprehensive Insurance
National Third Party Insurance
National Standalone Own-Damage Insurance
National Comprehensive Insurance
National’s third party insurance for two-wheelers offers coverage for only third party liabilities in case of a mishap. This includes bodily injuries, property damage and death. The maximum compensation the cover offers for property damage is Rs 1 Lakh.
National’s standalone own-damage insurance for two-wheelers offers coverage for only own-damage costs in the event of a mishap. But the coverage provides this compensation in many different scenarios including road accidents, theft, vandalism etc.
National’s comprehensive insurance plan for two-wheelers will cover the cost of both own damage and third party liabilities in the event of a mishap all under a single premium. The insurance plan also offers an optional personal accident cover that further enhances coverage.
National General Insurance does not offer its policyholders add-on covers with third party insurance.
National General Insurance offers several add-on covers with standalone own-damage covers.
National General Insurance offers several add-on covers with comprehensive insurance plans.
National’s third party two-wheeler insurance cover is the most basic cover that they offer and hence is also their least expensive cover.
National standalone own-damage two-wheeler insurance is more expensive than third party insurance as it offers better coverage to the insurance holder.
National comprehensive two-wheeler insurance plan is more expensive than the other two options but also provides the best coverage to the insurance holder.
What is Covered Under a National Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
Following are the aspects that are covered under a National standalone own-damage two-wheeler insurance policy:
- If there is an accident that involves the two-wheeler.
- An explosion or fire that causes damage to the two-wheeler.
- Theft of the two-wheeler or cases of damage that is beyond repair.
- If there is a natural or manmade calamity that damages the two-wheeler.
What is Not Covered Under a National Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
Following are the aspects that are not covered under a National standalone own-damage two-wheeler insurance policy:
- Electrical and mechanical breakdowns that cause damage to the two-wheeler in some way.
- Misuse or illegal driving of the two-wheeler that causes damage to it.
- Depreciation of the two-wheeler because of normal wear and tear over time.
- Mishaps that occur in the boundaries of the country.
Benefits of National Standalone Own-Damage Policy
Following are the benefits of purchasing a National Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy:
- An own damage cover that takes care of own damage costs in the event of a mishap for several possible circumstances.
- No Claim Bonus is offered for every claim-free year. Moreover, the reward is cumulative in nature, i.e., it becomes higher with every consecutive year.
- Own-damage covers offer add-on covers that can make a significant difference to the coverage of your insurance policy.
How To Purchase a National Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
Following are the steps you need to take to purchase a National Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy:
Step 1: Visit the InsuranceDekho website and select the two-wheeler insurance option from the home page.
Step 2: You can either enter your two-wheeler’s registration number or its make, model and year of registration in the given section.
Step 3: Provide your personal information,i.e., your name and phone number in the provided section. Once entered click on the ‘Submit and Get Quotes’ button.
Step 4: The quotes from all the different insurance providers of India will be visible on your screen. Simply select the one offered by National General Insurance and any add-on covers you would like to purchase with it.
Step 5: The National two-wheeler insurance policy document will be sent to your registered email ID after you make the payment for your selected policy.
Explore National Bike Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying National Bike Insurance
- Have a Look at this article to take note of the things that you should consider when renewing bike insurance.
- Two Wheeler Insurance Expired? What to do if your two-wheeler insurance has expired? What Happens If You Don’t Have a Two-Wheeler Insurance? Know more
- Learn easy steps to renew expired bike insurance online. An expired policy leads to fines and legal charges. Thus, it is wise to get your policy renew
National Bike Insurance User Reviews
- Own Damage
- Most Helpful
- Zero Depreciation
- Third Party
- Cashless Garages
- Policy Download
- Customer Care
- Add On
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 50 lakhs happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Bike Insurance News
Check out our list of top models, including prices, features...27 October 2023
Know the key differences between spoke wheels and alloy whee...27 October 2023
Know the RTO rules, guidelines, benefits and highlights for ...27 October 2023
Explore the cheapest and most affordable third-party two-whe...25 October 2023
Looking for the best low maintenance bikes in India in 2023?...25 October 2023