- Save upto 75%*Lowest Bike Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 75cc two-wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Shriram Standalone Own-Damage Bike Insurance Policy
When you use a two-wheeler on a daily basis, there is a constant risk of mishaps that you and your two-wheeler face. This can be a source of constant anxiety for both you and your loved ones. One way to negate some of the dangers that come with riding a two-wheeler is by purchasing insurance. Insurance will take care of you and your two-wheeler in case of a mishap. It does this by providing compensation for the damages in case of such an event and thus giving the policyholder financial security in times of crisis. The standalone own-damage two-wheeler insurance cover will take care of own-damage costs in several situations including damage caused due to road accidents, fires, explosions, natural or manmade calamities and cases of theft or vandalism. Moreover, when bought along with the compulsory third-party two-wheeler insurance it provides holistic protection to the insurance holder in such situations.
Standalone Own-Damage Insurance V/S Third Party Insurance V/S Comprehensive Insurance
Shriram Third Party Insurance
Shriram Standalone Own-Damage Insurance
Shriram Comprehensive Insurance
Shriram third party two-wheeler insurance cover will provide compensation for the cost of third party liabilities in the event of an unfortunate event. This includes bodily injuries, death and property damage.
Shriram standalone own-damage two-wheeler insurance cover will provide compensation for own-damage costs in case of an unfortunate event. Moreover, the cover takes care of the two-wheeler in many different situations.
Shriram comprehensive two-wheeler insurance cover will take care of both own damage costs and third party liabilities in the event of a mishap under a single premium. Additionally, the cover also offers an optional personal accident cover.
Shriram third party insurance does not offer add-on covers
Shriram standalone own-damage two-wheeler insurance offers many add-on covers to select from.
Shriram comprehensive two-wheeler insurance offers many add-on covers two select from.
Shriram third party insurance is the most inexpensive of the three options as it provides compulsory and basic coverage.
Shriram standalone own damage two-wheeler insurance is more expensive than their third party insurance as it offers wider coverage to the policyholder.
Shriram comprehensive two-wheeler insurance plans will take care of both own-damage costs and third party liabilities and hence it is the most expensive of the three.
What is Covered Under a Shriram Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
Following are the aspects that are covered under a Shriram standalone own-damage two-wheeler insurance policy:
- If there is a road accident that causes damage to the two-wheeler.
- If there is a fire or explosion that damages the two-wheeler.
- If the two-wheeler is damaged beyond repair or is stolen and cannot be traced.
- If there is a natural or manmade disaster that damages the two-wheeler.
What is Not Covered Under a Shriram Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
Following are the aspects that are not covered under a Shriram standalone own-damage two-wheeler insurance policy:
- If the two-wheeler has a mechanical or electrical failure.
- If there is damage caused to the two-wheeler due to illegal driving.
- The regular wear and tear of the two-wheeler.
- If there is damage caused to the two-wheeler outside India.
Benefits of Shriram Standalone Own-Damage Policy
Following are the benefits of purchasing a Shriram Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy:
- The own damage cover takes care of the insurance holder’s own damage costs in case of a mishap.
- The own-damage cover offers No Claim Bonus for every claim-free year.
- The own-damage cover also offers several add-on covers to further enhance the coverage of the policy.
How To Purchase a Shriram Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
Following are the steps you need to take to purchase a Shriram Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy:
Step 1: Visit the InsuranceDekho website and select the two-wheeler insurance tab from the top left corner of the home page..
Step 2: Enter the two-wheeler’s registration number in the provided section. You can enter the two-wheeler’s make, model and year of registration in case you do not have the registration number.
Step 3: Enter your personal information including your name and phone number. Once the required information has been entered you can select the ‘Submit and Get Quotes’ tab to proceed.
Step 4: On your screen, all the quotes for insurance policies in your categories will be visible. Select the one offered by Shriram and select any add-ons you want with it.
Step 5: To finish the purchase make the payment for your Shriram two-wheeler insurance policy and the insurance document will be sent to your registered email ID.
Calculate Your Bike Insurance
Explore Shriram Bike Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Shriram Bike Insurance
Shriram Bike Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Bike Insurance News
- Importance of Roadside Assistance Cover For Two-wh...
Read this article to know about the importance of roadside a...20 October 2021
- Important Do’s and Don’ts of Modifying Your Two Wh...
Some changes can affect your bike insurance premium. Read th...20 October 2021
- Engine Protection Add-on Cover in Two-Wheeler Insu...
Read this article to know more about engine protection add-o...19 October 2021
- Keep Pillion Rider Safe During Long Distance Bikin...
Keeping Pillion Rider Safe during long-distance biking is no...19 October 2021
- Top Reasons To Purchase Bike Insurance At Oriental...
Top reasons to buy bike insurance from Oriental Insurance. R...18 October 2021
- Benefits of Multi-Year Two-Wheeler Insurance Cover...
Multi-year two-wheeler insurance is quite beneficial for the...18 September 2021
- Should I Purchase Two-Wheeler Insurance Online?
Read this article to know if you should consider purchasing ...22 August 2021
- Top Ways to Save Money on Bike Insurance Renewal
Read to know about some ways to save money on the renewal of...29 August 2021
- Everything About Personal Accident Cover in Bike I...
It offers financial aid to the policyholder against bodily i...17 September 2021
- How To Get Your Bike Insurance Policy Renewed Fast...
To drive a car without holding an insurance policy is a puni...10 September 2021