How To Renew Expired Two Wheeler Insurance Online
Updated On Oct 23, 2020
Learn expired two wheeler insurance renewal process.
Every two-wheeler owner has to get their two-wheeler insured before they can start riding on the roads in the country. The absence of a valid bike insurance policy can cause legal trouble and fines. Furthermore, you are required to renew the insurance policy before its expiry to stay covered under it. An expired policy leads to fines and legal charges. Thus, it is wise to get your policy renewed in time. You can complete policy renewal easily by following the below-mentioned steps.
How To Renew Expired Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy Online
You can renew bike insurance policy online as well as offline. Most insurance providers offer online service as it is convenient. Here are the steps that you can follow to get your expired insurance policy renewed:
1. Visit the official website of your bike insurance company.
2. Sign up if you are a first-time user of their online services. If you had already signed up, log in with your credentials.
3. Enter the details of your two-wheeler. These details can include:
- Details of the insurance policy which has lapsed
- Personal details like mobile number and email address
- Registration number
- Registration city
- Name of the two-wheeler model
- Vehicle's date of manufacture
4. On submitting these details, the details of different insurance plans along with some add-ons and their quote will be displayed on the screen. Select a suitable insurance plan for renewal.
5. Update the Insured Declared Value or IDV as per your requirement. The IDV indicates the maximum amount your insurer will pay to cover any cost inflicted due to any mishap.
6. According to the plan and add-ons you choose, the premium amount will be displayed.
7. Pay the premium amount via any of the online payment methods such as debit cards, credit cards, net banking, etc.
8. Once the transaction is completed successfully, your two-wheeler insurance policy will be renewed.
9. You will receive a soft copy of your renewed bike insurance policy via an email sent by your insurance provider on the registered email ID.
Benefits Of Online Insurance Policy Renewal
Though you can renew your expired two-wheeler insurance policy through an offline procedure, the online renewal of the insurance policy is a more convenient method for various reasons.
- It is a less time-consuming process as it doesn't include the tedious paperwork included in the offline process.
- It eliminates the hassle of going to the office of your insurance provider.
- The online process of renewal doesn't require inspection of your vehicle by your insurer.
- You need not pay any additional charges when renewing your policy online.
The digitalisation of insurance services has made both purchasing an insurance policy and renewing it an easy task. The most important point, however, is that you need to ensure that you renew your expired two-wheeler insurance policy within 90 days from the expiration or else, you will have to buy a new policy.
Types of Bike Insurance You Should Know:
You May Also Like To Read:
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.