What is a Bike Insurance Premium Calculator?
Bike insurance premium calculator is an online tool that helps you calculate the bike insurance premium that you will be required to pay to avail insurance benefits under your policy. To use a bike insurance premium calculator at InsuranceDekho, you just need to enter your bike details and you will get the right premium displayed on your screen. It is a useful tool that helps you make the most cost-effective decision by enabling comparison of available plans.
How to Use a Two-Wheeler Insurance Premium Calculator?
Follow the simple steps given below to use bike insurance premium calculator at InsuranceDekho:
Step 1: Select the Make, Model, Variant, and Fuel Type of your bike.
Step 2: Select the City of your bike registration and the year of purchase.
Step 3: Answer the question ‘Have you made a claim in the previous year?’ by selecting yes or no.
Step 4: Click the ‘Calculate’ button. You will find the right IDV and premium for your bike insurance plan.
Benefits of Two-Wheeler Insurance Premium Calculator
Listed below are some benefits of bike insurance premium calculator at InsuranceDekho:
- Right Insured Declared Value: Insurancedekho’s bike insurance premium calculator tells you the right Insured Declared Value of your vehicle by taking into consideration several factors such as make, model, variant, fuel type, etc. Knowing the market value of your bike keeps you informed about the amount that you can claim from the insurer in case of total loss or theft of your bike.
- Correct Premium: One of the prime benefits of using a bike insurance premium calculator is that it helps you in knowing the correct premium. It helps you make an informed decision.
- Helps You Decide: With a bike insurance premium calculator, you can find bike insurance quotes offered by a number of insurance companies. You can compare them on the basis of benefits offered under each policy and decide the best quote without any external influence.
- Helps You Buy An Economic Policy: Knowing the premium amount and benefits offered under various bike insurance plans in the market helps you choose the most cost-effective policy for your bike.
Third Party Two-Wheeler Insurance Premium Rates
Premium to Buy a New Policy (5-Year Plan)
Premium to Renew Existing Policy (1-Year Plan)
Not exceeding 75 cc
Exceeding 75 cc but not exceeding 150 cc
Exceeding 150 cc but not exceeding 350 cc
Exceeding 350 cc
(Source: Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India)
Premium for Comprehensive and Standalone Own-Damage Bike Insurance Plans
There are several factors that impact the premium for standalone own-damage and comprehensive bike insurance plans. Some of them are the cubic capacity of your bike, timely renewal, your driving history, and age of the bike. InsuranceDekho’s bike insurance premium calculator gives you an estimate of the premium considering these factors. Read more about the factors affecting the premium of your bike below.
Factors Which Determine Two-Wheeler Insurance Premium
Explained below are some factors that affect your bike insurance premium:
- Insured Declared Value: Insured Declared Value or IDV is the market value of your bike. It is the amount that you can be compensated for in case of theft or total loss of your bike. So, the higher the IDV of your bike, the higher premium you will be required to pay as it increases the insurer’s liability.
- Anti-Theft Devices: If you install ARAI-approved anti-theft devices in your bike, then you will be able get a discount on your own-damage premium. This is because these devices ensure safety of the bike that reduces the chances of theft which decreases the liability of the insurer.
- Modifications: Modifying your bike can increase the premium as modifications may compromise with the bike’s safety features and increase the chances of it being stolen or getting involved in an accident. So, more modifications will increase your bike insurance premium.
- Number of Add-Ons: Add-ons are the additional benefits that you can purchase by paying extra premium for your bike insurance policy. Future Generali bike insurance policies come with several add-on benefits such as zero depreciation cover, daily cash allowance cover, engine protection cover etc. But you must choose the add-on benefits wisely as they increase your bike insurance premium.
- Engine’s Cubic Capacity: Higher the cubic capacity of the engine of your bike, the faster it can go, which increases the risk on the road. This increases the insurer’s liability and therefore, a higher premium will be charged for it.
Calculate Your Bike Insurance
Explore Future Generali Bike Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Future Generali Bike Insurance
- Essential factors to consider when buying a two-wheeler battery. Batteries provide the power that is required to start the motorcycle.
- 95% of accidents in India involve a two wheeler therefore. You should know safety tips for the two-wheeler riders in India.
- Do you have a sports bike and want insurance for it? Here is the list of add-on covers for your sports bike.
- Are you planning to modify your two wheeler? You should know that how bike modifications can impact you insurance policy premiums. Learn more.
- Why get a second-hand bike insured? What is a Second-hand Bike Insurance? Know Add-on Covers with Second-hand Bike Insurance.
Future Generali Bike Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
Future Generali Bike Insurance Premium Calculator FAQs
Why should I use the bike insurance premium calculator?
With the bike insurance premium calculator, you can easily get the premium amount and IDV offered by different insurance companies. It will help you select a better bike insurance plan.
Where can I find the premium calculator to get the premium from it?
You can find the best premium calculator to compute the premium and Insured Declared Value (IDV) for your insurance policy at the website of InsuranceDekho, i.e., www.insurancedekho.com.
Can I avail the premium calculator to compute the premium for my old bike?
Yes, you can avail premium calculator to calculate the premium amount for your old bike as well as your new bike.
What factors determine the premium amount of a bike insurance plan?
Factors that affect the insurance premium of a bike insurance cover are Insured Declared Value (IDV), Engine’s Cubic Capacity, No Claim Bonus (NCB), Anti-Theft Devices, Age of the Owner, Add-on Cover Options and so on
What should I enter to get the premium on the premium calculator?
You will have to enter details like make, model and variant of your bike, fuel type of your bike, RTO location of your bike, engine capacity of your bike, registration year of your bike, etc., to get the premium amounts offered by different insurers through the premium calculator.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Bike Insurance News
- Kotak Bike Insurance Policy Renewal Online Explain...
Read this article to understand how you can renew your bike ...21 June 2021
- 5 Key Benefits of Applying For Bike Insurance At B...
Read this article to find out the benefits of purchasing you...21 June 2021
- Know How Reliance General Insurance Protects Your ...
Read this article to understand how purchasing two wheeler i...20 June 2021
- Benefits of Buying Bike Insurance From Digit Insur...
Read this article to find out the benefits of purchasing you...19 June 2021
- Steps To File Bike Insurance Claim At ICICI Lombar...
Read this article to get simple steps to file a bike insuran...18 June 2021
- How To Check Your Vehicle Pollution Certificate St...
Need to check PUC Certificate status online? Read this artic...02 May 2021
- How to Get Duplicate Bike Insurance Copy Online?
Lost or misplaced your two-wheeler insurance document? Read ...02 May 2021
- Why is bike insurance mandatory in India?
Wondering why you have to purchase third party insurance in ...28 April 2021
- What Is Zero Depreciation Bike Insurance Add-On Co...
Read along to know what is zero depreciation bike insurance ...07 May 2021
- Two-wheeler insurance comparison - Importance, ste...
Looking to purchase two-wheeler insurance online? Make sure ...29 April 2021