ICICI Lombard Two Wheeler Insurance Premium Calculator
What is a Bike Insurance Premium Calculator?
Bike Insurance premium calculator is an online tool that determines the right premium for your bike. You can use InsuranceDekho’s bike insurance premium calculator online. For this, you will be required to enter a few details including your bike’s make, model, variant, and fuel type and the most suitable bike insurance quotes from multiple insurance companies will be displayed on your screen. You can compare quotes and shortlist the best one for your bike.
How to Use a Bike Insurance Premium Calculator?
You can follow the simple steps given below and use InsuranceDekho’s bike insurance premium calculator.
Step 1: Select your bike’s Make, Model, Variant, and Fuel Type.
Step 2: Select the City where your bike is registered. Then select the Year of Purchase.
Step 3: Answer the question ‘Have you made a claim in the previous year?’ by clicking on yes or no.
Step 4: Click ‘Calculate’. You will find the right IDV and premium for your bike insurance plan.
Benefits of Bike Insurance Premium Calculator
Given below are some ways in which InsuranceDekho’s premium calculator benefits you:
- Get the Right IDV: InsuranceDekho’s bike insurance premium calculator takes into consideration various factors like your bike’s make, model, and fuel type, and calculates its right Insured Declared Value (IDV). Knowing the right IDV keeps you informed about the amount that you can claim an insurer in case of total loss or theft.
- Know the Correct Premium: One of the major benefits of InsuranceDekho’s bike insurance premium calculator is that it keeps you informed about the correct premium for your bike’s insurance.
- Helps You Decide: The bike insurance premium calculator helps you in decision making. By using it, you can not only find the best bike insurance quotes online, but also compare them and shortlist the most suitable one for you.
- Helps You Buy Economic Policies: InsuranceDekho’s bike insurance premium calculator helps you buy cost-effective bike insurance policies online without any influence of the insurance agents.
Third Party Bike Insurance Premium Rates
Premium to Buy a New Policy (5-Year Plan)
Premium to Renew Existing Policy (1-Year Plan)
Not exceeding 75 cc
Exceeding 75 cc but not exceeding 150 cc
Exceeding 150 cc but not exceeding 350 cc
Exceeding 350 cc
(Source: Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India)
Premium for Comprehensive and Standalone Own-Damage Bike Insurance Plans
Some of the factors that affect premium for standalone own-damage and comprehensive bike insurance plans include your age, cubic capacity of your bike, and age of the bike. To understand more about these factors, read below.
Factors Affecting Bike Insurance Premium
Listed below are some important factors that affect your bike insurance premium:
- Insured Declared Value (IDV): IDV is the market value of your bike that may vary from insurer to insurer. There are various factors that affect a bike’s IDV. These include the bike’s make, model, and variant. And because the value of your bike keeps on depreciating with time, therefore IDV also decreases. So, lower the IDV of your bike is, lesser the premium you will be charged and vice versa.
- Engine’s Cubic Capacity: If the cubic capacity of your bike is high, then it will move faster and will increase the risk on the road. Therefore, the higher the cubic capacity of your bike, the higher premium you will be required to pay.
- Modifications: Modifications do not always prove to be beneficial for your bike. It may upgrade your bike’s performance but might as well affect its in-built security. This increases the insurer’s liability and hence will increase the premium amount. So, as the number of modifications increase, your premium will increase too.
- Anti-Theft Devices: Anti-theft devices keep your bike relatively secure thereby reducing the insurer’s liability. So, if you have got ARAI-approved anti-theft devices installed in your bike, then your bike insurance premium will be relatively lower.
- Number of Add-On Benefits: Add-ons are additional coverage benefits that you can purchase with your bike insurance policy by paying an extra premium. For instance, you can purchase zero depreciation cover or daily cash allowance cover and enjoy greater benefits under your policy. But for this, you will be charged a higher premium.