What is IDV in Two Wheeler Insurance?
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Bike Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 75cc two wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Calculate your Two Wheeler IDV
The full form of IDV describes Insured Declared Value. IDV in two-wheeler insurance is the total value of the insured’s vehicle that is decided by an insurer to compensate the insured in case of damage or total loss of the vehicle. Simply put, IDV is the maximum sum insured fixed by two wheeler insurance company to compensate you (the policyholder), in case of a misfortune event like theft or total loss due to an accident. IDV in two-wheeler insurance is calculated after taking into consideration the manufacturer's listed selling price and then the depreciation.
Why Is IDV In Two-Wheeler Insurance Important?
As discussed before, IDV is the amount that the insurance company compensates in case of damage or total loss of your two-wheeler. So, knowing the rational IDV helps you make an informed decision when purchasing two-wheeler insurance. Note that lower the IDV, lower the premium you will be required to pay for your two-wheeler insurance policy. But the wise decision is to choose the IDV closest to your two-wheeler’s market value. This ensures fair compensation if you make a claim in case of theft or damage.
How to Calculate IDV in Two-Wheeler Insurance
IDV in two-wheeler insurance is not calculated on the basis of the premium you pay for your bike insurance policy. Instead, it is calculated as per the market value of your vehicle at the time of the policy start date, which keeps on changing with time. Also, it takes depreciation into consideration. So, it is advised to get your vehicle insured as soon as possible after purchase in order to get a high IDV.
Rate of Depreciation on Two Wheelers
The following table shows how depreciation schedule of IDV in two-wheeler insurance:
Depreciation Percentage to Calculate IDV
Two-wheeler not more than 6 months old
More than 6 months, but not more than a year
More than 1 year, but less than 2 years
More than 2 years, but less than 3 years
More than 3 years, but less than 3 years
More than 4 years, but less than 2 years
Note: IDV for vehicles more than 5 years is decided by mutual agreement between the insurance company and the insured.
Factors Affecting IDV In Two Wheeler Insurance
Listed below are some factors that affect the IDV of your two-wheeler:
- Age of the two-wheeler to be insured
- Two-wheeler’s make, model, and variant
- Two-wheeler’s registration date
- City of registration
- Fuel type
- Insurance policy term
Difference Between IDV and Premium Rates
People often get confused between IDV and Premium. However, these two are related but different concepts. IDV refers to the market value of your bike, whereas premium is the amount which you pay to get your bike covered under an insurance plan.
Premium is directly proportional to IDV. If the premium rate in your two-wheeler insurance policy is low that means a lower IDV. Thus, people tend to believe, lower the IDV, the better it is. However, that’s not the case. A lower IDV is not beneficial because at the time of a claim settlement, it will result in a lower claim amount.
Now that you know how important it is to know the right IDV of your two-wheeler, you should also know that you can calculate it by using an IDV calculator online. IDV calculator is an online tool that determines the market value of your two-wheeler and also gives you an idea of the premium you will be required to pay to own the policy.
In case of any doubt or query related to IDV in two-wheeler insurance, you can get in touch with the customer care executives at InsuranceDekho.
What is the Importance of Insured Declared Value in Two-Wheeler Insurance?
Insured Declared Value is considered to be an important aspect of your two-wheeler insurance plan. This is due to the fact that it will not only help in determining the real value of your two-wheeler but will also help in determining the amount of premium that you will pay against your two-wheeler insurance plan.
- Determines Right Value of the Two-Wheeler: Insured Declared Value helps in determining the right value of the two-wheeler. This is because its value depends on various factors like bike’s make, bike’s model, bike’s cc, registration city, etc. Henceforth, it is significant to state the correct Insured Declared Value.
- Two-Wheeler Insurance Premium: The premium you pay against your bike insurance plan is dependent on various factors including policy type, bike’s cc, make of the bike, model of the bike, claim history and importantly the Insured Declared Value.
- Claim Amount Dependent on IDV: In case of loss and damage to the insured vehicle, IDV is basically the highest amount that the policyholder can receive. To reduce the amount of premium, some individuals state incorrect IDV values. However, it is a disadvantage for them because as in the case of claim too, they would receive a lesser value, and that amount may not prove to be enough for your bike.
Calculate Your Bike Insurance
Bike Insurance for Popular Bike Models
Find Right Bike Insurance Quotes by Bikes Body Type
- View Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RTR 160 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Star City Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Radeon Insurance Quotes
- View Hero HF Deluxe Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Shine Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 150 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda SP 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Scooty Pep Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Scooty Zest Insurance Quotes
- View TVS XL100 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS NTORQ 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS iQube Electric Insurance Quotes
- View Ola S1 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha YZF R15 V3 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RR 310 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha R15 V4 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha FZS-FI V3 Insurance Quotes
- View KTM RC 200 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 220 F Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Classic 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa 42 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Hness CB350 Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa Perak Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa Insurance Quotes
Learn about What is IDV in Two Wheeler Insurance?
- How IDV Affects at the Time of Bike Insurance Renewal? The Insurance Declared Value (IDV) is a crucial element of a bike insurance plan.
- Do you know why should you consider IDV when buying bike insurance renewal? How the insured declared value is calculated at the time of renewing bike.
- Benefits of IDV Value Calculation for Two-Wheeler Insurance
- Read this post to learn how to calculate IDV value of a two-wheeler.
- IDV or Insurance Declared Value is an important aspect of your bike insurance which represents the market value of your bike and depreciates.
- Read this article to find out everything you need to know about Insured Declared Value of your bike and No Claim Bonus of your bike insurance.
Bike Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
IDV in Bike Insurance FAQ
Why is the right amount for IDV important?
It is important to have a correct IDV as it affects both your premium amount as well as your claim amount. A lower IDV will result in a lower payout at the time of a claim settlement whereas a higher IDV will unnecessarily put a strain on your pocket as it will result in a higher premium. Thus, it is important to get the correct IDV.
How should I calculate the IDV of my bike?
You can simply visit InsuranceDekho, enter your two-wheeler’s registration number to get the IDV of your bike. If you don’t remember the registration number of your two-wheeler, you can select its Make, Model and variant to get the IDV and premium quotes instantly.
Will it be beneficial if I declare an incorrect value of my IDV?
Declaring an incorrect IDV value is not beneficial in the future. At the time of making claims, it will affect the amount you will be getting on the damage/losses incurred to your two-wheeler. The Claim amount is calculated on the basis of the IDV value.
Does the value of IDV decrease?
Yes, the IDV of your bike decreases with time due to wear and tear.
Bike Insurance News
- Top two-wheeler insurance add-on covers offered by...
Read this article to know about the top two-wheeler insuranc...27 October 2021
- How to make two-wheeler insurance claim at Kotak G...
Read this article to know how to make a two-wheeler insuranc...27 October 2021
- All you need to know about Tata AIG two-wheeler in...
Purchasing insurance for your two-wheeler is important and s...26 October 2021
- Kotak Third-Party Bike Insurance Policy Explained
Read this article to know about Kotak’s third-party bike ins...26 October 2021
- How Can I Check My Edelweiss Two-Wheeler Insurance...
Read this article to know how to check the Edelweiss two-whe...25 October 2021
- Benefits of Multi-Year Two-Wheeler Insurance Cover...
Multi-year two-wheeler insurance is quite beneficial for the...18 September 2021
- Top Ways to Save Money on Bike Insurance Renewal
Read to know about some ways to save money on the renewal of...29 August 2021
- Everything About Personal Accident Cover in Bike I...
It offers financial aid to the policyholder against bodily i...17 September 2021
- How To Get Your Bike Insurance Policy Renewed Fast...
To drive a car without holding an insurance policy is a puni...10 September 2021
- Anti-Lock Braking System And Its Important Factors
This article will talk about the many aspects of the Anti-Lo...09 September 2021