What is your bike's brand?
How to Buy Two Wheeler Insurance Online?
- Fill Your Two Wheeler Details
Provide your two wheeler details such as the make, model, etc, and get insurance quotes instantly from top bike insurance companies.
- Compare Online Two Wheeler Insurance
From all the available two wheeler insurance, select the bike insurer which suits your budget & requirements in the best manner.
- Make Payment Online
Pay the two wheeler online insurance premium for the selected plan online and you are done.
Benefits of Buying Online Bike Insurance Policy
- 5 Minutes Bike Policy Issuance
Why spend hours and days in queues filling up the paperwork for bike insurance policy. The entire process from entering your bike details to finalising your insurance policy and getting it issued online takes only 5 minutes on InsuranceDekho.
- Over 3 Lakh Policies Sold
A transparent and quick process, choice of numerous insurers, along with a dedicated team of two wheeler insurance experts make InsuranceDekho a trusted choice for many insurance buyers. More than 2 lakh happy customers are a testament to the same.
- Dedicated Support Team
Feel free to reach out to our dedicated bike insurance team of experts, in case of any confusion. Be it buying your insurance policy, or support required in case of claim, our team of experts is at your service 7 days a week.
Find Right Bike Insurance Quotes by Bikes Body Type
- View Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 150 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RTR 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Hero HF Deluxe Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Shine Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Passion Pro Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 125 Neon Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Glamour Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Activa 6G Insurance Quotes
- View Suzuki Access 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS NTORQ 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Dio Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Activa 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS XL100 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha Fascino 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha YZF R15 V3 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 220 F Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RR 310 Insurance Quotes
- View KTM RC 200 Insurance Quotes
- View KTM RC 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha FZS-FI V3 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Classic 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Hness CB350 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa 42 Insurance Quotes
- View Harley Davidson Fat Boy Insurance Quotes
- View Harley Davidson 1200 Custom Insurance Quotes
- View Indian Scout Insurance Quotes
Customer's Speak3418 Reviews
- good to visitover all ok but taking long time so reduce the details once type the registration number automatically all the details ...New IndiaPULSAR150 DTSI MelurBy RAMESH MOn:30th November, 2020
- Pramod kumarthis is good insurance for all this is good insurance for all this is good insurance for all this is good insurance for ...Iffco TokioROYAL ENFIELD KolarBy PRAMOD KUMAR H SOn:30th November, 2020
- NICE AND FASTIT IS A GOOD SITE FOR ONLINE VEHICLE INSURANCE AND VERY EASY MODE FOR DEBIT CARD PAYMENT, BUT I DID NOT RECEIVE MY POLIC...Iffco TokioENFIELD 350 GuwahatiBy DHRUBAJIT MAZUMDAROn:30th November, 2020
- Efficient platformInsuranceDekho’s platform is exceptionally efficient. Every service of theirs is smooth and speedy. I bought the Liberty...LibertyBy Shruti Jalani On:30th November, 2020
- Trustable websiteI have used InsuranceDekho multiple times. Recently I used it again to insure my Hero Honda CD Dawn from Future Generali...Future GeneraliBy Harbajeet KaurOn:30th November, 2020
- Helpful customer care teamI had to insure my Royal Enfield Bullet Electra. Hence, I rang up the customer care team of InsuranceDekho. They helped ...KotakBy Pankaj ShawOn:30th November, 2020
- Get policy in minutesI used InsuranceDekho to buy the New India policy for my Indian Chief Dark Horse BS4. They issued the policy in just fiv...New IndiaBy Vijay ChopraOn:30th November, 2020
- Plenty of feasible optionsI was in the immediate need of an insurance plan for my LML CRD. I searched for the same on insurancedekho.com. I was ex...DhflBy Surinder SinghOn:30th November, 2020
- Excellent premium calculatorInsuranceDekho has the provision of a calculator that calculates the premium for you. I just filled in a few details and...Bharti AxaBy Sundaram SharmaOn:30th November, 2020
- Easy to follow instructions on renewalRenewing Royal Sundaram bike insurance policy for my Hero Electric Photon was a great experience. Thanks to the simple i...Royal SundaramBy Rajeev Bakshi On:30th November, 2020
What is Two Wheeler Insurance?
Two wheeler insurance is an agreement between a bike owner & an 2 wheeler insurance company wherein the latter promises to protect the former’s 2 wheeler from unforeseen financial losses arising from unexpected events such as a road accident, theft, fire, natural calamities, vandalism and other such scenarios. In return for this promise, the bike owner pays an amount known as bike insurance premium to the insurance company. There are three types of two wheeler insurance - Third Party bike Insurance Policy, Comprehensive bike Insurance Policy and Standalone Own-Damage bike Insurance Policy. As per the Indian Motor Tariff, every bike owner in India is mandatorily required to own at least a third party bike insurance policy. Driving a bike without an active third party bike insurance policy is a legal offence punishable with a fine of Rs. 2,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 3 months. However, this penalty is applicable for the first time offence only, but, if you continue to drive your bike without holding a 2 wheeler insurance policy and get caught for the second time, then you will be liable to pay a fine of Rs. 4,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 3 months.
The bike insurance policy does not just help you when you avail it, but it also benefits you when you do not use it with No Claim Bonus (NCB). Different insurance providers offer its policyholders a reward for not making any claim in a policy year in terms of a bonus or discount on their next year’s premium amount. The discount provided under the NCB ranges between 20% to 50%, as it keeps getting accumulated with every claim-free year. Therefore, it is also advised that you should not request a claim for trivial damage expenses and try to bear them from your pocket. It will make your NCB accumulate and make you gain larger benefits while paying next year's bike insurance premium amount.
The third party bike insurance plan is mandatory to own, whereas a standalone own-damage bike insurance plan or comprehensive bike insurance plan is recommended to purchase. To avail various discount options or add-on covers offered by the insurance provider, you need to have an own-damage or comprehensive cover. The add-on benefits can bring additional protection for you and your bike without investing much. Hence, you should buy a bike insurance plan with these points in mind.
Comprehensive Bike Insurance
A comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy is a cover under which the insurance company is liable to pay for damages caused to the third party property and life (including death) by the insured’s bike as well as for the own damages sustained by the insured’s bike. In addition to road accidents, the plan covers damages incurred during natural calamities, man-made disasters, fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning, theft, terrorist activity, damage in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, elevator as well as air. A policyholder can extend the coverage of a comprehensive bike insurance plan with the help of add-on covers such as zero depreciation cover, engine cover, roadside assistance cover, lost key, etc. Many people ignore this bike insurance cover as it is costlier than the basic insurance plan, but in the long run this turns out to be the best policy for any and every bike rider because it protects them from the legal troubles, financial liabilities towards the third party and compensates their own-damages too.
Third Party Bike Insurance
As per the Indian Motor Tariff, a third party two wheeler insurance policy is a mandatory requirement if you want to drive a 2 wheeler in India. Under this cover, the insurance company insures the policyholder against the third party liabilities such as bodily injuries, permanent/temporary liability, total/partial liability, as well as death of the third party caused by an accident involving the insured’s bike. The third party policy also provides coverage for property damage incurred by the third party up to Rs. 1 lakh. However, this liability only policy is necessary to be owned by every bike owner while driving a bike on Indian roads not just because it saves you from legal troubles but also because it protects you from a situation where somebody gets hurt due to an accident with the involvement of your bike. The plan does not provide coverage for own damages incurred by the insured’s bike. For the extensive coverage, you can buy a comprehensive bike insurance policy.
Standalone Own-Damage Bike Insurance Policy
Under Standalone Own-Damage two wheeler Insurance plan, you get insurance coverage only for the own-damages sustained by your 2 wheeler in a road accident, natural/man-made calamity, fire, explosion, theft or any other mishap. A standalone own-damage bike insurance policy aims at offering you the flexibility in terms of the insurer you want to choose. In order to stay compliant with the rules of the Indian Motor Tariff, you need to purchase a third party bike insurance policy either from the same insurance company or a different one. The purchase of standalone own-damage bike insurance policy also allows you to avail the add-on benefits as well as discount options offered by different insurers, which are not available with third party bike insurance. Therefore, add this bike insurance policy to your basic insurance cover and enjoy the bike ride without any worry.
Frequently Asked Questions on Bike Insurance
What is two wheeler Insurance?
Bike insurance is a contract between a 2 wheeler owner and an insurance company wherein the latter promises to protect the former’s bike from unforeseen financial losses arising from unexpected events such as a road accident, theft, fire, natural calamities, vandalism and other such scenarios. In return for this promise, the bike owner pays an amount known as bike insurance premium to the insurance company.
Which is best two wheeler insurance policy?
Best bike insurance company varies from policyholder to policyholder depending on their requirements such as type of plan, add-on covers, customer support service, etc. However, one reliable parameter to compare different bike insurance companies is the Claim Settlement Ratio (CSR). A Claim Settlement Ratio refers to the percentage of claims settled by a 2 wheeler insurance company out of the total number of claims received by it during a financial year. The higher the claim settlement ratio, the better it is.
What are the 3 types of two wheeler insurance?
There are three types of bike insurance policies in India namely third party bike insurance policy, standalone own damage bike insurance policy, and comprehensive bike insurance policy. While a third party/liability only provides coverage for third party liabilities only, a standalone own damage cover takes care of the own-damages incurred by your two wheeler only. A comprehensive 2 wheeler insurance policy is a bundled cover which provides coverage for both own damages as well as for third party liabilities.
How much is a two wheeler insurance?
Third party bike insurance is fixed by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India as per the engine capacity of the two wheeler. However, the premium for standalone own damage and comprehensive two wheeler insurance plans vary from 2 wheeler owner to bike owner. The own-damage premium depends on a number of factors such as RTO location, Make, Model, and Variant of the bike, engine capacity, registration city, fuel type, etc.
What is 3rd party insurance for two wheeler?
A third party bike insurance is the type of insurance that covers for the expenses related to losses and damages that you may incur towards a third party after an accident with the involvement of your two-wheeler. It gives coverage for bodily injuries, death or property damages of the third party. The coverage for property damages is limited to Rs. 1 lakh, while, in case of death, the claim amount is decided by the court.
Why do I need a two wheeler insurance policy?
You should buy a two wheeler insurance as according to the Indian Motor Tariff, it is a mandatory requirement for every bike owner for being able to drive the vehicle legally in the country. Besides legal compliance, a 2 wheeler insurance policy also provides you with financial stability if your bike meets an accident in the future.
How to proceed with a two wheeler insurance claim?
Call your insurance company and inform about your claim. You can either choose for a cashless claim settlement option or settle for reimbursements post a claim.
Bike Insurance News
- What to Do When In Case of Flat Bike Tyre
A flat tyre can be a stressful situation and can easily caus...01 December 2020
- Safety Tips for Riding Bike in Foggy Conditions
Even though riding in foggy conditions is best avoided, some...30 November 2020
- Significance of Cubic Capacity (CC) in Motorcycles
Not many know of what Cubic Capacity (CC) refers to in bikes...30 November 2020
- Important Items In A Biker’s Riding Kit
There may be many instances where you have taken a trip on y...29 November 2020
- Two-Wheeler Sanitization Checklist
Keeping all your surroundings clean and sanitised is of utmo...29 November 2020
- How to Get Duplicate Two Wheeler Insurance Copy On...
Want to get for a duplicate two wheeler insurance copy onlin...30 July 2020
- How to Get Bike Insurance Details by Registration ...
What is a bike registration number? Use of the registration ...29 July 2020
- How to Find the VIN, Chassis Number and Engine Num...
Bikes has a unique Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Want...07 September 2020
- Check Bike Insurance Policy Expiry Date
How to Check Bike Insurance Policy Expiry Date Online. It is...31 August 2020
- How To Download IFFCO Tokio Two Wheeler Insurance ...
Looking to download IFFCO-Tokio policy for bike insurance? C...17 October 2020
*Standard T&C Apply. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure of respective insurers carefully before concluding a sale. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, 11th Floor, Tower B, Emaar Digital Greens, Golf Course Extension Road, Sector-61, Gurugram-122102, Haryana. IRDAI License Number : 588. Direct Broker (Life and General) valid till 19th March 2023. Email - firstname.lastname@example.org.