How to buy bike insurance online?
- Fill in your Bike Details
Just key in details about your bike like make, model, etc, to get top insurance quotes instantly
- Compare Quotes and Choose a Plan
Select from numerous quotes the one that suits your budget and needs the best
- Make Payment and sit back
Pay online and get your policy right away
Add-ons For Your Two-wheeler Insurance Policy
- Zero Depreciation
A zero depreciation add-on literally protects you against the depreciation of your two-wheeler’s value. With this cover, you can rest assure that you’ll be paid the entire claim amount without deducting the depreciation sum. It also covers rubber, plastic and fiber components.
- Personal Accident Cover
This insurance add-on cover provides protection against the risk of partial or complete disability and death. It provides you financial assistance in case of a serious injury or death of the rider following an accident.
- Invoice Protection
This add-on is of great benefit in case of total loss. With this cover, you can claim the total ex-showroom price of your bike, taxes and registration charges that you had initially paid
- Roadside Assistance
Stranded in a deserted place with no help to call for? A roadside assistance add-on provides you prompt repair services and much-needed assistance in such situations
Benefits of InsuranceDekho
- 5 Minutes Policy Issuance
Why spend hours and days in queues filling up the paperwork for your policy. The entire process from entering your car details to finalising your policy and getting it issued takes only 5 minutes on InsuranceDekho.
- Over 3 Lakh Policies Sold
A transparent and quick process, choice of numerous insurers, along with a dedicated team of experts make InsuranceDekho a trusted choice for many insurance buyers. More than 2 lakh happy customers are a testament to the same.
- Dedicated Support Team
Feel free to reach out to our dedicated team of experts, in case of any confusion. Be it buying your insurance policy, or support required incase of claim, our team of experts is at your service 7 days a week.
Find Right Quotes for Bikes by Body Type
- View Honda Activa 5G Insurance Quotes →
- View Yamaha Ray Z Insurance Quotes →
- View TVS Wego Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda Dio Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda Aviator Insurance Quotes →
- View Suzuki Access 125 Insurance Quotes →
- View Avon E Bike Insurance Quotes →
- View Avon E Plus Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyosung GT250R Insurance Quotes →
- View Aprilia RSV4 Insurance Quotes →
- View Triumph Speed Triple Insurance Quotes →
- View Triumph Street Triple Insurance Quotes →
- View Kawasaki Z1000 Insurance Quotes →
- View KTM RC 200 Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda CBR1000RR Insurance Quotes →
- View Hero Xtreme Sports Insurance Quotes →
- View Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Insurance Quotes →
- View Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 Insurance Quotes →
- View Triumph Bonneville T120 Insurance Quotes →
- View Royal Enfield Classic 500 Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyosung Aquila Pro Insurance Quotes →
- View Harley Davidson Street 750 Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyosung Aquila 250 Insurance Quotes →
- View Harley Davidson CVO Limited Insurance Quotes →
- View Bajaj Pulsar 150 Insurance Quotes →
- View Hero Passion XPro Insurance Quotes →
- View Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Quotes →
- View Hero Glamour Insurance Quotes →
- View Hero HF Deluxe Insurance Quotes →
- View Hero Achiever Insurance Quotes →
- View Mahindra Centuro Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyosung GD Insurance Quotes →
Customer's Speak1236 Reviews
- The Insurance Dekho is really a wonderful website that provides proper guidance. Whenever I got stuck, the help desk was there to help me. Getting Insurance on Insurance Dekho was an amazing and effortless experience.Divya Nath Edelweiss28th February, 2020
- Insurance Dekho provides quick and efficient service. I got the quotes instantly and compared them within a few seconds as well. The complete procedure of bike insurance can be done in very less time. Keep up the good work.Seema GopalSbi28th February, 2020
- I was very happy to know that Insurance Dekho provides help in renewal. This website helped me to renew my Universal Sompo bike insurance policy. The whole process is given on the website clearly and I got the renewal done easily.Neela JaniUniversal Sompo28th February, 2020
- The website is always ready to assist people. On the website, there is the convenience of an active customer care number. They never get irritated and are very friendly. Insurance Dekho is an all-time favourite for me because they assist the customer in every possible way.Mukti Srinivas Shriram28th February, 2020
- Insurance Dekho compares different policies within seconds using all the parameters. I got the best match as per my requirement very easily in a short time. This website is very reliable and I will suggest everyone to try this website.Zeeshan KadakiaLiberty28th February, 2020
- The process of getting insurance on Insurance Dekho is very smooth. Whenever I dropped the message in chat or called customer care, they provided all information in a polite manner. The process for payment is also hassle-free. I am very pleased with the approach.Zahir Khatun Raheja Qbe28th February, 2020
- When I typed the number of my bike for registration, I was quite surprised because this website sent the quotes instantly. It was easy to compare the quotes as well. The process is quick and I got Magma bike insurance policy without any difficulties.Swati Balay Magma28th February, 2020
- When I went to the official website of Insurance Dekho, I saw the option of online chat. It was very helpful because whenever I faced problems, I dropped my queries in the chat option. I got their reply within a few seconds.Anand Dey Cholamandalam28th February, 2020
- As I opened the Insurance Dekho.com I was very happy because they provided the option for online payments. I was able to buy insurance for my bike using my debit card. Thanks to Insurance Dekho for giving the option of flexible payment.Kasturi Reddy United India28th February, 2020
- For me, Insurance Dekho is the best platform. This website has given me all the information about many insurance companies in no time. As soon as I entered my bike details they showed all the information I was looking for.Mehul PrabhuOriental28th February, 2020
What is Bike Insurance?
A bike insurance plan provides you financial cover in the event of an accident, theft, fire, flood, vandalism and other such scenarios. Accidents are unprecedented and vehicle repairs and treatment for injuries can be expensive. There is considerable risk of losing money if your bike is totalled or stolen as well. You may also be liable to pay for repair costs in case you damage someone else’s vehicle or, worse, cause injuries/fatalities during an accident.It is important to note that having a third party insurance is an absolute must to ride your bike on Indian roads. Insurance is classified into Comprensive and Third Party Insurance
Comprehensive insurance provides coverage for your vehicle as well as third party and is thus more valuable. It covers damages caused due to natural calamities like fire, flood, earthquake and other disasters. It also makes up for the losses caused due to theft, robbery and other man-made disasters. Sometimes, damages are incurred while the automobiles are in transit by rail, road, air, waterway and so on so forth. Such damages are covered when you have a comprehensive insurance in hand.
This type of insurance is mandatory though it doesn’t cover any damages to the insured two-wheeler or its rider. Also known as liability-only insurance, this covers only the insurer’s liability for damage caused to other vehicles or properties. This can include death, injuries or damage to a third party.
Bike Insurance FAQs
How is a two-wheeler insurance premium calculated?
Two-wheeler insurance is primarily of two types - third party and comprehensive. The premium for the former is decided by IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India) and is calculated on the basis of the two-wheeler’s engine capacity (CC). In a comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy, the insurance provider takes many other factors like the two-wheeler’s make, model and variant, age of the bike, and RTO location into consideration while calculating a two-wheeler’s insurance premium.
Is two-wheeler insurance compulsory to ride a bike in India?
Yes, there are no two ways about it! According to the Indian Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, it is mandatory for all vehicles plying on Indian roads to have a liability cover. Third-party injuries or damages will be payable by the insurance company in case of a genuine claim, in compliance with the terms and conditions of the insurance company.
What are the most popular add-on covers for two wheeler insurance?
Add-ons are available to maximise coverage and broaden the scope of protection. In a bike policy, you can choose from a vast selection of add-ons ranging from zero depreciation, NCB protection cover, return to invoice, rider personal accident cover, consumables cover, roadside assistance cover and driver cover.
What are the various types of Bike insurance policies available?
Typically, there are two types of Bike insurances policies to choose from – a third party liability policy and a comprehensive insurance policy.
How long is a bike insurance policy valid for?
Traditionally, a two-wheeler insurance policy is valid for a year from the date of issuance. However, if you have opted for a multi-year or a long-term bike policy, the tenure extends.
When should you renew your bike insurance policy?
Bike insurance policy renewal is a process that depends on the selected tenure. To avoid unnecessary troubles, you must renew your policy before it expires.
How to proceed with a bike insurance claim?
Call your insurance company and inform about your claim. You can either choose for a cashless claim settlement option or settle for reimbursements post a claim.
*Standard T&C Apply. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure of respective insurers carefully before concluding a sale. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, 4th Floor, Tower B, Emaar Digital Greens, Golf Course Extension Road, Sector-61, Gurugram-122102, Haryana. IRDAI License no 588. Direct Broker (General Insurance) valid till 19th March 2020. Email -firstname.lastname@example.org.