- Save upto 75%*Lowest Bike Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 75cc two-wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Edelweiss Bike Insurance Add-On Covers
The add-on covers serves as additional coverage by making the payment of a little extra premium. This extension of policy coverage safeguards your bike in a better manner at an affordable rate. You can include these add-on covers in your bike insurance policy based on your requirements and budget. Edelweiss General Insurance offers various types of add-on covers, which you can add in your policy while buying or renewing the plan.
Edelweiss - 6 Important Add-On Covers For Your Bike Insurance Policy
Here are some add-on covers which you can add in your Edelweiss bike insurance covers by paying an additional premium are as follow:
1. Depreciation Protect – With this add-on cover, you become eligible to get the reimbursement for the amount of depreciation deducted on the value of parts which were allowed to be replaced for your own damage claim lodged and admitted. This add-on benefit would not be applied to total loss, constructive total loss or theft of the bike. Also, the first 10% of the claim amount will be deducted, if your bike is repaired at a garage that is not authorised by us. It is applicable only for bikes which are less than 7 years old and only for the first 2 claims during the policy period.
2. Invoice Value Protect – In case of total and constructive total loss or theft of your two-wheeler, with this add-on cover you get to receive the amount equals to the latest available sales invoice of manufactures of the bike including original customs duty or replacement value of a new vehicle, including customs duty as applicable for the new vehicle, whichever is less. In addition to this, you also get the coverage for registration charges and road-tax applicable for the RTO. However, you can avail this cover only for less than 3 years old vehicles for 1 time in the entire policy period.
3. Pillion Protect – This add-on cover will give you compensation for bodily injury or death sustained by unnamed hirer or driver or pillion or sidecar passenger with the involvement of your bike or whilst boarding or deboarding from your bike or driving or travelling on your bike or caused by a violent accident within 3 months of the occurrence of such injury.
4. Consumable Expenses Protect - This cover is designed to cover the cost of consumables which are required to be replaced or replenished during the repair of your damaged bike. The consumables for which coverage is offered under this benefit includes engine oil, coolant, brake oil, nut & bolt, screw, and items of similar nature excluding fuel. However, this add-on benefit is applicable only for the first 2 claims during the policy period.
5. Emergency Medical Expenses Protect – With this cover you can get the coverage for emergency medical costs incurred by you due to the treatment of bodily injuries suffered by you or any occupant of your bike during mounting and dismounting from the bike or while driving or travelling on the bike or caused by violent accident and required treatment in a hospital or nursing home. This benefit also gives coverage for the ambulance charges up to 1% of the sum insured amount or for Rs. 1,000, whichever is less.
6. Additional Third Party Property Damage Protect – With this add-on cover, you will get the compensation for damage to property belonging to you or held in your trust, custody and control up to the limit provided that damage to property is solely and directly caused by accident by your bike. You can avail this add-on cover on the payment of an additional premium amount along with the normal premium.
Calculate Your Bike Insurance
Explore Edelweiss Bike Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Edelweiss Bike Insurance
Edelweiss Bike Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
Edelweiss Bike Insurance Add-On Cover FAQs
How many bike insurance add-on covers are offered by Edelweiss General Insurance?
Edelweiss General Insurance provides 6 bike insurance add-on covers like Depreciation Protect, Invoice Value Protect, Pillion Protect, Consumable Expenses Protect, Emergency Medical Expenses Protect, and Additional Third Party Property Damage Protect.
Why should I buy bike insurance add-on covers?
The bike insurance add-on covers are designed to offer you extended insurance coverage at an affordable cost of the premium.
When am I allowed to purchase the Edelweiss bike insurance add-on covers?
You can buy an add-on cover to enhance the insurance coverage of your bike insurance policy either during the purchase of the insurance cover or while renewing the insurance cover.
Is it mandatory to purchase a bike insurance add-on cover?
No, it is not compulsory to add a bike insurance add-on cover in your existing bike insurance policy. You can include it in your insurance plan by paying a little extra premium amount based on your needs and budget.
How many bike insurance add-on covers can I purchase together?
You can purchase several add-ons covers together, which are provided by the insurance provider based on your needs and budget. Edelweiss provides 4 add-on insurance plans and you are allowed to add all of those add-on covers in your policy at the same time.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Bike Insurance News
- How Can I Check My Edelweiss Two-Wheeler Insurance...
Read this article to know how to check the Edelweiss two-whe...25 October 2021
- Benefits of Purchasing Long-Term Digit Bike Insura...
Read this article to know about benefits of purchasing a lon...25 October 2021
- How to Find Ideal Two-Wheeler Insurance for City R...
It is important to cover your two-wheeler with the right ins...24 October 2021
- Things To Consider Before Purchasing Bike Insuranc...
Read this article to take a note of the things that you shou...22 October 2021
- Why Is It Mandatory to Have Bike Insurance in Indi...
Read this article to know why it is mandatory to have bike i...22 October 2021
- Benefits of Multi-Year Two-Wheeler Insurance Cover...
Multi-year two-wheeler insurance is quite beneficial for the...18 September 2021
- Top Ways to Save Money on Bike Insurance Renewal
Read to know about some ways to save money on the renewal of...29 August 2021
- Everything About Personal Accident Cover in Bike I...
It offers financial aid to the policyholder against bodily i...17 September 2021
- How To Get Your Bike Insurance Policy Renewed Fast...
To drive a car without holding an insurance policy is a puni...10 September 2021
- Anti-Lock Braking System And Its Important Factors
This article will talk about the many aspects of the Anti-Lo...09 September 2021