- Save upto 75%*Lowest Bike Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 75cc two-wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Edelweiss Third Party Bike Insurance
Edelweiss General Insurance offers third party bike insurance to shield bike owners against legal as well as financial troubles. In India, to own at least a third party bike insurance policy is compulsory for all the bike riders, therefore, in such cases, third party insurance saves the policyholders from legal conflict. On the other hand, if a policyholder gets involved in an accident or a mishap that ends up hurting the third party, then, this liability only insurance plan tends to provide financial assistance to the policyholder by offering compensation for the liability incurred towards a third party for their injury, death or property damage. The compensation amount in case of third party bodily injury or death is decided by a court of law, where the extent of compensation for third party property damage is limited to Rs. 1 lakh.
A third party bike insurance is a basic bike insurance package that compulsorily has to be carried by every bike owner as if caught without it, the rider shall be entitled to pay a fine of Rs. 2,000 and can even be jailed for up to 3 months. It is the best way to deal with unforeseen incidents in a cost-effective way and without any worries. The third party insurance is designed to provide serious and hefty coverage on the behalf of policyholders for bodily injuries, loss of life, and damage of property or vehicle of the third party. Basically, this basic insurance gives freedom from stress caused due to unpredictable events.
Edelweiss Third Party Bike Insurance vs Comprehensive Bike Insurance
Third Party Bike Insurance
Comprehensive Bike Insurance
It covers legal and financial liabilities of the third party only.
It provides coverage for “Third Party” as well as “Own-Damage" expenses.
Nature of Requirement
It is compulsory to be carried by every bike owner.
It is an optional insurance cover for bike owners.
It does not come with any add-on cover.
Different add-on covers are available with this cover.
It is an economical and quite a cost-effective cover due to its limited coverage.
It is relatively expensive due to its extensive insurance coverage.
What All Is Covered Under Edelweiss Third Party Bike Insurance Plan?
Third party bike insurance policy gives coverage to policyholders against damages, losses, injuries or loss of lives sustained by the third party in an unfortunate incident. It also secures the policyholders against legal troubles while driving their bikes or scooters on road. Edelweiss third party bike insurance offers the below-given insurance coverages to policyholders:
- Third Party Injury or Death – If the vehicle of a third party bike insurance policyholder gets involved in a collision that causes damage or death to the third party, the insurance company will bear hospitalisation expenses and other medical costs. It also gives compensation to the third party and their nominee in the situation of partial or permanent damage or death, the amount which is decided by a court of law.
- Third Party Property Damage – If a third party sustains the property damage during an accident or a mishap, the financial liability arising out of that event could be huge and unlimited. Hence, a third party bike insurance plan covers such liabilities of policyholders.
What All Is Not Covered Under Edelweiss Third Party Bike Insurance Plan?
A third party insurance plan is mandatory to be carried by every bike owner but provides limited coverage. Here are some points which are not covered under the third party insurance policy:
- No coverage for an injury suffered by the policyholder.
- Damages caused to the insured bike will not be covered.
- Optional personal accident cover for policyholders is not offered.
Calculate Your Bike Insurance
Explore Edelweiss Bike Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Edelweiss Bike Insurance
Edelweiss Bike Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
Edelweiss Third Party Bike Insurance FAQs
Can I purchase a third party bike insurance policy online?
Yes, a third-party bike insurance policy can be purchased online which saves your time as well as money. You can visit the website of the insurance company of your choice to purchase the policy. On the other hand, you can also opt for a leading insurance platform such as InsuranceDekho by visiting its website, i.e., www.insurancedekho.com.
What are the limitations of Edelweiss third party bike insurance?
Their coverage of the third party bike insurance policy is limited due to which it does not give coverage to the policyholder for damages or losses sustained by him or her. The plan is designed to cover only third parties and not for own-damages.
What will happen if the third party person dies due to the accident?
If a third party person sustains death or partial or permanent damage, the insurance company will offer compensation to his or her nominee.
Does the third party policy offer coverage against natural or man-made disasters?
No, the third party bike insurance policy provides no coverage for damages caused due to a natural or man-made disaster.
What will happen if I drive my bike without carrying a third party bike insurance plan?
If you caught riding your bike with third party bike insurance, you will be entitled to pay a fine of Rs. 2,000 and/or imprisonment for up to 3 months. While getting caught for the second time will make you pay Rs 4,000!
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Bike Insurance News
- How Can I Check My Edelweiss Two-Wheeler Insurance...
Read this article to know how to check the Edelweiss two-whe...25 October 2021
- Benefits of Purchasing Long-Term Digit Bike Insura...
Read this article to know about benefits of purchasing a lon...25 October 2021
- How to Find Ideal Two-Wheeler Insurance for City R...
It is important to cover your two-wheeler with the right ins...24 October 2021
- Things To Consider Before Purchasing Bike Insuranc...
Read this article to take a note of the things that you shou...22 October 2021
- Why Is It Mandatory to Have Bike Insurance in Indi...
Read this article to know why it is mandatory to have bike i...22 October 2021
- Benefits of Multi-Year Two-Wheeler Insurance Cover...
Multi-year two-wheeler insurance is quite beneficial for the...18 September 2021
- Top Ways to Save Money on Bike Insurance Renewal
Read to know about some ways to save money on the renewal of...29 August 2021
- Everything About Personal Accident Cover in Bike I...
It offers financial aid to the policyholder against bodily i...17 September 2021
- How To Get Your Bike Insurance Policy Renewed Fast...
To drive a car without holding an insurance policy is a puni...10 September 2021
- Anti-Lock Braking System And Its Important Factors
This article will talk about the many aspects of the Anti-Lo...09 September 2021