Claim Settlement of New India Health Insurance
New India Assurance is a trusted public sector general insurance company that provides healthy and smooth claim settlement process to its policyholders. You can file two types of claims with New India Assurance health insurance policies, namely-Cashless and Reimbursement Claims. The cashless claim facility can be availed only at a network hospital. The company has over 1,200 network hospitals across India, where claims are settled transparently as per the terms and conditions of the policy. To look for network hospitals in your area, you can use the online network hospital locator tool just by entering the state and city of your residence. The tool will provide you with the list of network hospitals in your location along with their contact details.
Claim Process for Cashless Treatment
To get a cashless claim settled with New India Assurance, you have to visit a network hospital and seek treatment only there. If the insured intends to make any claim under this policy, then he/she will have to follow the steps given below:
- Search for the nearest and most suitable network hospital with the best facilities to seek treatment
- Visit the selected hospital and show your health card to the concerned person there
- The hospital will verify your identity details and send a pre-authorization request to New India Assurance or the TPA
- Your request will be first processed, and then accepted or denied accordingly
- If the request gets approved, then the insurer will settle the bills directly with that hospital
- If the claim request gets rejected, then the insured person can seek treatment at the network hospital by paying for it from his/her pocket and later request for reimbursement claim
The insured person can file for a reimbursement claim if his/her request for the cashless claim has been rejected. Given below are the steps to follow:
- Collect the original medical documents at the time of discharge from the hospital
- Download the Claim Form from the insurer's site or get it from the insurer's office
- Submit these documents and a duly filled and signed Claim Form to the insurer's office
- The claim will be denied or approved depending on the terms and conditions of the policy
The insured person is required to submit the following claim related documents within 7 days from the date of discharge from the hospital:
- Receipt, Bill, and Discharge certificate or card from the hospital
- Cash Memos from the Hospital(s), Chemist(s), along with proper prescriptions
- Pathological test reports and receipt from Pathologist along with the note from the attending Medical Practitioner or Surgeon recommending such pathological tests
- A Surgeon's certificate stating the nature of operation performed and surgeons' bill and receipt
- Attending Doctor's, Consultant's, Specialist's, or Anesthetist's bill and receipt, and certificate for diagnosis
In case you are still facing any doubt, kindly get in touch with the customer care executives at InsuranceDekho at 1800-1205-698.
Incurred Claim Ratio (ICR) of New India Health Insurance
The Incurred Claim Ratio (ICR) is the ratio of claim incurred by the insurer to the actual premium collected during that period. It is a trusted way that gives you an idea of how much to believe in a particular health insurance company. It reveals the pace of claim procedure and the productivity of a health insurance company in terms of revenue. The Incurred Claim ratio of New India Assurance is 103.19%.