Apollo Munich Health Insurance Claim Settlement
Apollo Munich Insurance Claims Procedure
Apollo Munich Health Insurance, standalone health insurance, offers customers a number of benefits. Apollo Munich is one of the trusted health insurance providers in India. It is known to have the fastest claim settlement process. 90% of the cashless claims get approved within 60 minutes. The company’s customer-friendly claim settlement team ensures that every insured member and his/her family experience hassle-free claim process.
Incurred Claims Ratio of Apollo Munich for the Year 2017-18
The Incurred Claims Ratio (ICR) of Apollo Munich clearly indicates its strong footing in the insurance market. The Incurred Claim Ratio for Apollo Munich for the period 2017-18 is 62.47%*:
There are two different scenarios for the claim process for Apollo Munich, first one is the cashless process in case of planned or emergency hospitalisation and the second one is the reimbursement process.
How to File a Cashless Claim with Apollo Munich?
Cashless Claim: If treatment is received in an empanelled hospital, the cashless claim can be availed. The steps for cashless claim process are as follows:
- Call the toll-free number of Apollo Munich 1800-102-0333 and intimate about the hospitalisation.
- For emergency hospitalisation, intimate within 24 hours of hospitalisation and for planned hospitalisation at least 48 hours prior.
- Submit the duly filled and signed pre-authorisation request form at the hospital help desk.
- Apollo Munich will check the coverage and send an authorization letter to the provider for claim settlement.
- At the time of discharge, pay for any non-medical and expenses not provided under the coverage.
Reimbursement Claim: Reimbursement claim can be filed in both network and non-network hospitals. The steps for reimbursement process are as follows:
- Get admitted into the hospital
- Intimate Apollo Munich about the hospitalisation as soon as possible
- At the time of discharge, settle the hospital bills and collect all original bills, documents and reports
- Send the duly signed and filled claim form along with all original documents to Apollo Munich for claim processing and reimbursement.
- On receipt of the documents, Apollo Munich will settle the claim within 30 days.
- The payment will be made in the name of the proposer.
Documents required to file a claim:
- Duly filled claim form.
- Original hospital bills, discharge report, and receipts.
- Medicine bills along with prescription.
- Diagnostic reports along with attending doctor’s or surgeon’s report.
- Surgeon's bill and receipt.
- Self-declaration FIR in case of an accident.
- Attending physician's report.
Apollo Munich Health Insurance follows a simple and clear-cut claim process. You can register claims on any Apollo Munich Health Insurance policy by either calling toll free number of Apollo Munich at 1800-102-0333 or call insurancedekho at 1800-120-5698. You can even email us at email@example.com.
*The ICR gets updated annually.
Health Insurance Calculator
Whom do you want the insurance for ?
Select the age of all members
Where do you live ?
Choose required Coverage for yourself?
*Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
Health Insurance News
Planning for a healthier future? Discover the List of variou...11 January 2024
To get the best health insurance plans with COVID-19 cover, ...20 September 2021
According to the new guideline by the Union Health Ministry,...30 April 2021
The government of India has opened up Covid-19 vaccination f...20 April 2021
Covaxin, the Covid-19 vaccine by Bharat Biotech has been tak...11 March 2021
Apollo Munich Health Insurance User Reviews
- Network Hospitals
- Top up
- Critical Illness