Claim Settlement of Star Health Insurance
Star Health makes sure a customer-friendly insurance claim process. It strives for making all settlements on time. The company has a dedicated claim settlement team that ensures that the claim settlement process remains simple and transparent, minimizing customer efforts. The first stand-alone health insurance company in India, Star Health lets you raise claims in two scenarios: cashless hospitalisation and reimbursement process.
Claim Process for Cashless Treatment
A cashless claim can be availed only at network hospitals of Star Health. Star Health has a wide base of around 9,300+ network hospitals. The steps for cashless claim process are as follows:
- First of all, find a Star Health network hospital in a city where you want to get cashless treatment.
- Intimate Star Health within 24 hours in emergency hospitalis
- ation and 48 hours before admission in case of planned hospitalisation.
- While visiting a network hospital, carry your Star Health ID card and one photo ID proof.
- Fill the pre-authorization request form available at the hospital and submit it to the hospital.
- After your identity is checked, the network hospital sends the pre-authorization request form to Star Health.
- Once the insurer reviews the documents, it sends an approval letter to the hospital.
- Thus, you will be able to proceed with the cashless treatment at the hospital.
- If cashless claim denied, then the insured can file for reimbursement claim after discharge.
Reimbursement claim can be filed in both network and non-network hospitals. The steps for the reimbursement process is as follows:
- Intimate Star Health within 24 hours of hospitalisation.
- A field doctor is assigned by Star Health to make hospitalisation easier.
- At the time of discharge, settle all hospital bills and collect all original documents such as discharge reports, prescription copies, medical bills, hospital bills, etc.
- Submit duly-filled reimbursement claim form along with all the original medical documents at the nearest Star Health office within 30 days after getting discharged.
- Upon successful verification and approval, the claim amount is credited to the insured member’s account.
Here is a list of documents required for filing a reimbursement claim.
- Original investigation reports
- Final hospital discharge summary
- FIR or post-mortem report if happened
- Pharmacy bills along with the prescription
- Original bills, receipts, and discharge report
- Indoor case papers and duly-filled claim form
- Original hospital bills and a valid photo ID proof
- Treating doctor's report, and original consultation notes
- Nature of operation performed and surgeon's bill and receipt
- Test reports along with attending doctor’s or surgeon’s report
For any claim-related queries, you can call the toll-free number of InsuranceDekho 1800-1205-698.
Incurred Claim Ratio (ICR) of Star Health Insurance
The Incurred Claim Ratio (ICR) of Star Health is a strong indicator of its overall good performance and gives people an overview as to what they can expect. The Incurred Claim Ratio for Star Health Insurance for the period is 63%. The ICR above clearly indicates that Star Health is making profits and is in a position to clear claims without having to overburden their finances.
Latest Star Health Insurance News
- Health Insurance Companies Cannot Reject Claims Af...
As per the fresh set of guidelines issued by IRDAI, health i...16 June 2020
- Insurance Companies To Offer COVID-19 Specific Ins...
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India ...06 June 2020
- Patients With Very Mild Coronavirus Symptoms Can S...
As per new rules, patients with mild COVID-19 symptoms are a...29 April 2020
- Aarogya Setu App Launched by the Government to Tra...
Amid the major coronavirus outbreak, the government has laun...02 April 2020
- Health Insurance Companies See 40% Jump Sale of Po...
Although the health insurance sector generally witnesses gro...29 March 2020
- Star Health Introduces Novel Coronavirus Insurance...
Given the coronavirus outbreak, Star Health has launched ‘St...21 March 2020
- Standard Indemnity Health Insurance Policy to Be L...
The health insurance policyholders are expected soon to be a...29 January 2020
- IRDAI Gives Policyholders Freedom to Choose Their ...
Third-Party Administrators help the insured individuals sett...12 December 2019
- Health Insurers to Offer Fitness Goodies as Well?
Health insurers may soon do you some good turns by offering ...15 November 2019
- Health Insurance Companies to Finally Cover Mental...
Patients with mental illnesses are now not at the mercy of h...05 November 2019
- Health Insurance Premium May Soon Be Pushed Upward...
IRDAI has barred the health insurance companies from refusin...31 October 2019
- Diabetes Specific Health Insurance Plan-Why Do You...
Diabetes has created an alarming situation in India with mor...29 October 2019
- Before Buying a Health Insurance Policy, Don't For...
Knowing the waiting period in your health insurance plan is ...15 October 2019
- Paytm Partners with Star Health Insurance to Offer...
Digital payments leader Paytm and Star Health Insurance have...11 October 2019
- Many Health Insurance Companies Fail to Offer Ment...
As per the Mental Healthcare Act passed by the government in...07 October 2019
- Read These Factors Before Paying For a Health Insu...
Solely relying on the reputation of an insurer while purchas...01 October 2019
- Star Health and ICICI Securities Ltd. Enters a Cor...
ICICI Securities to sell Star Health products leveraging its...25 September 2019
- Health Insurance a Good Option to Invest for Diffe...
Differently-abled people crave for financial independence as...05 September 2019
- Stay Cautious! Never Purchase Health Insurance fro...
IRDAI notified the general public about a fraud website tryi...29 August 2019
- Caught up with Lifestyle Diseases? Relax, You Can ...
Many health insurance products in the market offer cover for...28 August 2019
- A Rise in Health Insurance Claims for Hepatitis Du...
With the onset of monsoon, there is a rise in health insuran...23 August 2019
- Insuremile Unveiled a Unique Education Policy in C...
Insuremile, an insurance aggregator platform, in collaborati...21 August 2019
- Star Health Launches Dedicated Health Insurance Pl...
Star Health has launched a dedicated health insurance plan f...18 March 2019
- Star Health and Allied Insurance Decides Not to Ha...
Star Health and Allied Insurance has decided to not have dif...18 March 2019
- WestBridge Consortium to Acquire Star Health
A consortium comprising West Bridge Capital, billionaire inv...18 March 2019