Claim Settlement of Star Health Insurance
Star Health makes sure a customer-friendly insurance claim process. It strives for making all settlements on time. The company has a dedicated claim settlement team that ensures that the claim settlement process remains simple and transparent, minimizing customer efforts. The first stand-alone health insurance company in India, Star Health lets you raise claims in two scenarios: cashless hospitalisation and reimbursement process.
Claim Process for Cashless Treatment
A cashless claim can be availed only at network hospitals of Star Health. Star Health has a wide base of around 9,300+ network hospitals. The steps for cashless claim process are as follows:
- First of all, find a Star Health network hospital in a city where you want to get cashless treatment.
- Intimate Star Health within 24 hours in emergency hospitalis
- ation and 48 hours before admission in case of planned hospitalisation.
- While visiting a network hospital, carry your Star Health ID card and one photo ID proof.
- Fill the pre-authorization request form available at the hospital and submit it to the hospital.
- After your identity is checked, the network hospital sends the pre-authorization request form to Star Health.
- Once the insurer reviews the documents, it sends an approval letter to the hospital.
- Thus, you will be able to proceed with the cashless treatment at the hospital.
- If cashless claim denied, then the insured can file for reimbursement claim after discharge.
Reimbursement claim can be filed in both network and non-network hospitals. The steps for the reimbursement process is as follows:
- Intimate Star Health within 24 hours of hospitalisation.
- A field doctor is assigned by Star Health to make hospitalisation easier.
- At the time of discharge, settle all hospital bills and collect all original documents such as discharge reports, prescription copies, medical bills, hospital bills, etc.
- Submit duly-filled reimbursement claim form along with all the original medical documents at the nearest Star Health office within 30 days after getting discharged.
- Upon successful verification and approval, the claim amount is credited to the insured member’s account.
Here is a list of documents required for filing a reimbursement claim.
- Original investigation reports
- Final hospital discharge summary
- FIR or post-mortem report if happened
- Pharmacy bills along with the prescription
- Original bills, receipts, and discharge report
- Indoor case papers and duly-filled claim form
- Original hospital bills and a valid photo ID proof
- Treating doctor's report, and original consultation notes
- Nature of operation performed and surgeon's bill and receipt
- Test reports along with attending doctor’s or surgeon’s report
For any claim-related queries, you can call the toll-free number of InsuranceDekho 1800-1205-698.
Incurred Claim Ratio (ICR) of Star Health Insurance
The Incurred Claim Ratio (ICR) of Star Health is a strong indicator of its overall good performance and gives people an overview as to what they can expect. The Incurred Claim Ratio for Star Health Insurance for the period is 63%. The ICR above clearly indicates that Star Health is making profits and is in a position to clear claims without having to overburden their finances.