Claim Settlement of Tata AIG Health Insurance
Tata AIG has established a customer-friendly claim settlement process in place. No matter which of the health insurance policies of Tata AIG you have, you can easily register a claim and get it settled. With a team of experienced claim settlement professionals, Tata AIG ensures speedy and convenient claim settlement. The company also focuses on allowing ultimate favour to policyholders at the time of requirements. For your convenience, Tata AIG allows cashless claim and reimbursement claim facility.
Claim Process for Cashless Treatment
In cashless claims, you don’t have to pay even a single penny to settle the bill if you are hospitalized in a network hospital. Cashless claims in Tata AIG are acted upon in less than 4 hours. You can avail these benefits at more than 3,000 network hospitals of Tata AIG. Follow the below guidelines:
- First of all, find a Tata AIG network hospital in the city where you want to get cashless treatment.
- Intimate the Third Party Insurer (TPA) within 24 hours of emergency hospitalisation and 48 hours before admission in case of planned hospitalisation.
- While visiting the hospital, carry your Tata AIG cashless card and one photo ID proof.
- Show the cashless card and ID proof to the insurance desk of the hospital.
- Fill the pre-authorization request form available at the hospital and submit it to the hospital.
- After your identity is checked, the network hospital sends the pre-authorization request form to Tata AIG.
- Then, the insurance company informs the hospital and the policyholder about the confirmation via fax or an e-mail.
- Once the formalities are done and the claim is approved, according to the terms and conditions, the hospital bills are cleared by the insurer.
Don’t worry if your request for the cashless claim has got rejected, or if you had availed treatment at a non-network hospital. You still have an option to make a claim for the reimbursement of expenses incurred. Follow the below guidelines for the reimbursement claim:
- After the treatment, settle the medical bills at the non-network hospital.
- Contact the TPA and keep the policy information ready with you.
- Collect all the required documents and submit them to the TPA.
- Your documents will be reviewed.
- You may be asked for additional documents if required.
- The claim will be settled in accordance with the terms and conditions mentioned in the policy.
- Once approved, the amount will be reimbursed to you.
Here is a list of documents required for filing a reimbursement claim.
- Original investigation reports
- Final hospital discharge summary
- FIR or post-mortem report if happened
- Pharmacy bills along with the prescription
- Canceled cheque or NEFT details for payment
- Original bills, receipts, and discharge report
- Indoor case papers and duly-filled claim form
- Original hospital bills and a valid photo ID proof
- Treating doctor's report, and original consultation notes
- Nature of operation performed and surgeon's bill and receipt
- Test reports along with attending doctor’s or surgeon’s report
In case of any query, feel free to call the toll-free number of InsuranceDekho 1800-120-5698.
Incurred Claim Ratio (ICR) of Tata AIG Health Insurance
Incurred Claims Ratio (ICR) is the net claims incurred divided by net earned premium. It is an important factor to consider while shortlisting a health insurance policy. Reason being, it indicates if the company is successfully making claims on it. The ICR of TATA AIG Health Insurance is 78%.