Claim Settlement of Reliance Health Insurance
Getting health insurance claims settled at Reliance General Health Insurance is not at all complicated. Reliance is acclaimed for its quick and simple claim settlement procedures. Highly popular in countless sectors, Reliance has also earned a strong reputation in the field of health insurance. For the claim settlement, you can choose either the cashless treatment facility or go with the reimbursement method.
Claim Process for Cashless Treatment
Cashless claim procedure can be availed in case you have got the treatment at network hospitals. Currently, Reliance has more than 4,300 hospitals in the network. To get the cashless claim settled,
- Before anything else, a find a Reliance network hospital in the city where you want to get cashless treatment
- Intimate about the hospitalisation to your insurance company as soon as possible.
- While visiting the hospital, carry the Reliance Health Insurance cashless card and one photo ID proof.
- Show the Reliance Health Card and ID proof at TPA helpdesk.
- Fill the pre-authorization request form available at the hospital and submit it to the hospital.
- After your identity is checked, the network hospital sends the pre-authorization request form to the RCare Health or the TPA with required medical details.
- Make sure the insured individual verifies and signs all the medical bills.
- Leave the original discharge summary and other investigation reports with the hospital.
- The medical bills if covered in the policy will be settled by Reliance.
- The uncovered expenses will be borne by you.
This facility is applicable when the treatment is taken at a non-network hospital. However, you can also opt for the reimbursement claim at network hospitals by paying the hospital bills from your pocket. For the reimbursement claims:
- Intimate the claim at RCare Health call center or email as soon as you get admitted into the hospital.
- Pay the hospital bills as per the requirements.
- During the time of discharge, collect all the original bills, documents as well as reports.
- File your claim with RCare Health or TPA for processing and reimbursement.
- The claim form should be complete with correct details and submitted to RCare for the reimbursement process.
- If the claim complies with the regulations set by Reliance, you will get your reimbursement without any hassle.
Documents required to file a claim:
- Copy of Health Card
- Original investigation reports
- Final hospital discharge summary
- FIR or post-mortem report if happened
- Pharmacy bills along with the prescription
- Original bills, receipts, and discharge report
- Indoor case papers and duly-filled claim form
- Original hospital bills and a valid photo ID proof
- Treating doctor's report, and original consultation notes
- Nature of operation performed and surgeon's bill and receipt
- Test reports along with attending doctor’s or surgeon’s report
- A copy of the identification card of the patient & PAN card of the insured individual
- Canceled Cheque – CTS 2010 format or scanned copy of the 1st page of passbook or bank statement
To gain detailed information about the health insurance claim process of Reliance contact InsuranceDekho at 1800-1205-698.
Incurred Claim Ratio (ICR) of Reliance Health Insurance
The Incurred Claims Ratio or ICR is the indication of how well a particular health insurance company is. With it, you can make an informed decision about a health insurance policy. The higher the ICR, the better. Currently, Reliance’s ICR is 94%, which is good to take a policy from.