Claim Settlement of HDFC ERGO Health Insurance
If you hold an HDFC Ergo Health Insurance policy, you can easily register a claim and get it settled at your convenience. With a dedicated claim settlement team in place, HDFC Ergo is committed to hassle-free and quick claim settlement processes. Being an ultimate favorite of hundreds and thousands of policyholders, the insurance company makes sure you or any insured member can avail easy access during an emergency. What’s more, is the claims procedure that comes across as extremely customer-friendly. HDFC ERGO allows the policyholders to settle their claims by opting either the cashless facility or reimbursement.
Claim Process for Cashless Treatment
A cashless claim is available in case treatment is done at network hospitals. HDFC ERGO has more than 9,000 hospitals in the network. The steps for cashless claim process are as follow:
- First of all, find an HDFC ERGO network hospital in a city where you want to get cashless treatment
- Intimate HDFC ERGO within 24 hours in emergency hospitalisation and 48 hours before admission in case of planned hospitalisation.
- While visiting the hospital, carry your Health Insurance cashless card issued by HDFC ERGO and one photo ID.
- Pre-authorization is done by the chosen network hospital. (Transfer of cashless request from network hospital to HDFC ERGO and coordination for authorization).
- HDFC ERGO/TPA scrutinizes all the documents and gives the final outlook on the claim.
- You will receive an update via SMS/e-mail on every phase of the claim on your registered email id or mobile number.
- The hospital sends the final bill to HDFC ERGO for authorization purpose.
- After scrutinizing the same, the insurer gives the final authorization (if the transactions are approved) to the hospital.
- The expense of any inadmissible expenses, co-payment, and deductions is to be borne by you.
The reimbursement process is for those who get treatment at a non-network hospital. HDFC ERGO reimburses the amount within a short time. The process for this facility is as follow:
- Contact the nearest hospital and intimate within 24 hours (emergency hospitalisation) or 48 hours (planned hospitalisation).
- Register a claim, fill the claim form and send the same with the required documents to the HDFC ERGO Claim Office.
- After scrutinizing the documents, HDFC ERGO will approve the claim.
- If additional documents or information are needed, HDFC ERGO will contact you.
- After adequate receipt of required documents, the claims will be settled by the insurer.
- You will receive the status update through email/SMS on every phase of the claim.
- On receipt of complete documents, the claim would be processed by HDFC ERGO and paid through NEFT.
Here is a list of documents required for filing a reimbursement claim.
- Original investigation reports
- Final hospital discharge summary
- FIR or post-mortem report if happened
- Pharmacy bills along with the prescription
- Original bills, receipts, and discharge report
- Indoor case papers and duly-filled claim form
- Original hospital bills and a valid photo ID proof
- Treating doctor's report, and original consultation notes
- Nature of operation performed and surgeon's bill and receipt
- Test reports along with attending doctor’s or surgeon’s report
All claims with amount Rs. 1 Lakh and above require KYC form along with a photocopy of anyone KYC document (Aadhaar card, voter ID, passport, driving license, etc).
In case of any query, call InsuranceDekho at 1800-1205-698.
Incurred Claim Ratio (ICR) of HDFC ERGO Health Insurance
The Incurred Claim Ratio (ICR) indicates the overall performance of insurance companies and gives people an overview of what they can expect from their insurer. The Incurred Claim Ratio for HDFC ERGO is 62%. It clearly indicates that HDFC ERGO is in a position to clear claims without having to overburden their finances.
Latest HDFC ERGO Health Insurance News
- HDFC Ergo General Insurance Introduces Home Care B...
HDFC Ergo General Insurance has introduced “Home Care Expens...13 July 2020
- Health Insurance Companies Cannot Reject Claims Af...
As per the fresh set of guidelines issued by IRDAI, health i...16 June 2020
- Insurance Companies To Offer COVID-19 Specific Ins...
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India ...06 June 2020
- Covid-19 Vaccine to Be Produced by Serum Institute
Coronavirus vaccine. Serum Institute of India is about to st...30 April 2020
- Health Insurance To Be Mandatory for Employees Pos...
Post lockdown, employers must mandatorily provide medical in...24 April 2020
- IRDAI Directs Health Insurers to Decide COVID-19 C...
Coronavirus claim settlement: IRDAI has asked health insuran...20 April 2020
- Health Insurance Companies See 40% Jump Sale of Po...
Although the health insurance sector generally witnesses gro...29 March 2020
- Life Insurance Companies to Sell Health Insurance ...
Life insurance companies offer health insurance plans to cus...06 March 2020
- As HDFC Ergo Creates a New Identity, Know How Thin...
To make things easy, HDFC Ergo has created a new identity-Er...04 February 2020
- Apollo Munich Renamed as HDFC Ergo Health Insuranc...
HDFC Ergo has completed the acquisition of Apollo Munich Hea...21 January 2020
- HDFC Gets Approval to Acquire Majority Stake in Ap...
The insurance regulator IRDAI has given approval to HDFC to ...16 January 2020
- HDFC Ergo to Boost Its Business With New AI Based ...
Teams from HDFC Ergo and IBM are working together to create ...23 December 2019
- HDFC Ergo Introduces My:Health Woman Suraksha Plan...
HDFC Ergo has introduced a new health insurance product my:h...09 December 2019
- Rising Trajectory of Voice-based Applications to A...
More and more businesses are using voice-based applications ...14 October 2019
- Now Seek Protection Against Baggage Delays with Be...
There might be cases where an airline might fail to load the...09 October 2019
- HDFC Ergo with Airtel Payments Bank Launches Mosqu...
HDFC Ergo, the leading general insurance company enters a co...09 October 2019
- Many Health Insurance Companies Fail to Offer Ment...
As per the Mental Healthcare Act passed by the government in...07 October 2019
- HDFC Ergo Launches 3-In-1 Insurance Plan to Protec...
HDFC Ergo has introduced a 3-in-1 insurance plan that includ...13 September 2019
- Insurers to Offer Cyber Risk Covers to Individuals
HDFC Ergo has recently launched E@secure, a cyber insurance ...12 September 2019
- Fraud Insurance Claim in Hisar: Lawyer Among Three...
Three persons along with some private and government hospita...03 September 2019
- HDFC ERGO Receives Awards at the ET Kaleido Awards...
At the ET Kaleido Awards 2019, HDFC ERGO bagged awards for t...19 April 2019
- HDFC ERGO Announces Trip Protector Insurance Polic...
India's third-largest non-life insurance provider in the pri...19 March 2019
- HDFC ERGO in Talks to Purchase Apollo Health Munic...
Housing Development Finance Corps General Insurance arm HDFC...19 March 2019