Oriental Bike Insurance Claim
Oriental General Insurance has made its mark in the financial year 2017-2018 through its impressive claim settlement ratio of 91.34%. It has successfully resolved the issues of its policyholders swiftly.
Oriental General Insurance has made its effort to reach out to a larger number of people by digitalizing the procedures involved in the purchase, claim and renewal of the policy. The claim settlement procedure can be conducted both online and offline as per one’s preference. It has established an efficient customer care service to guide the policyholders through the process.
List of Documents Required During Claim Settlement
Following documents are required at the time of settling a bike insurance claim
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- Self-attested copy of Registration Certificate (RC)
- Driving license of the person driving at the time of the accident
- Policy copy
- Original repair estimate, repair invoice and payment receipt for non-cashless claims
- Original repair invoice for cashless claims.
How To Make a Cashless Bike Insurance Claim with Oriental Bike Insurance?
Oriental Insurance has introduced a claim settlement through the following simple steps to offer a hassle-free experience to its policyholders.
Step 1: Contact Oriental Insurance
To intimate a new claim, you should contact the insurer within 24 hours of the accident, theft or damage of the insured’s bike. You can contact the insurer by the following means.
- By calling on its official numbers: 1800 118485/ 011-33208485 (chargeable)
- Through the official website: You have to log in using your e-mail ID or mobile number. Open the “Initiate a new claim” page, select claim type and policy number.
- By visiting the nearest branch
Step 2: Register Claim
A representative of the insurance company contacts you after the intimation. You have to inform him of the policy number, date, time and location of the incident and all other related details. The representative provides you with a claim registration number marking that your claim has been successfully registered.
Step 3: Survey of Damages
A company surveyor is sent to assess the extent of the damages caused to the bike during the accident. The surveyor estimates the cost of repair and collects the duly filled claim form, policy documents and proves of the incident.
Step 4: Claim Settlement
After assessing all the aspects, the surveyor gives approval. The insurer confirms its financial and legal liabilities and pays all the expenses of repair of the insured’s bike to the garage. The claim amount is calculated taking the deductibles and depreciation into consideration.
How To Make a Reimbursement Bike Insurance Claim with Oriental Bike Insurance?
You can register a reimbursement claim if you fail to take the insured’s bike to the network garage or wish to repair it in any other garage. The insurer provides compensation for repairing the bike through a reimbursement claim. The process of placing a reimbursement claim is described in the following steps.
Step 1: Contact the insurer
You can initiate the reimbursement process by dialling its helpline number 1800 118485/ 011-33208485 (chargeable). You can even register a claim online through its official website by logging in to your account. The insurer should be informed immediately after the accident or theft of the insured’s bike.
Step 2: Register A Claim
National Insurance company executive calls you back after the intimation. You have to inform the executive about the policy number and details about the accident. You receive a unique claim reference number from the executive.
Step 3: Survey of the Damages Incurred
The insurance company appoints a surveyor to check the condition of the bike before it is sent for repairs. The surveyor produces an estimate of the cost of repair and collects the required documents, duly filled claim form and contact numbers of witnesses or photos of the incident as proves.
Step 4: Repair and Reimbursement
You can now move the bike to your desired garage and repair it at your own expense. After the completion of the repair, the bills and receipts of repair along with policy documents are to be submitted to the insurer for the reimbursement. The company verifies the case and once it passes the check, the insurer disburses the claim amount factorizing all the deductibles and depreciation.
Common Claim Rejection Reasons
In case of claim settlement under Oriental Insurance Company, there are specific grounds that you need to consider so that your claim is not rejected. The insurer rejects a claim for the following reasons.
- Registration of a fraud Claim
- Misinterpretation of facts
- Driving without a licence
- Driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs
- Delay in intimation about the mishap to the insurer
- Act of negligence.
Explore Oriental Bike Insurance
- Read More
- Read More
- Read More
Oriental Bike Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
Oriental Bike Insurance Claim FAQs
What coverage amount would I get in case of theft?
The insurer provides the calculated Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the bike deducting the depreciation and deductible in case of theft of the insured’s bike.
What are the documents which I require to submit in case of damage to the insured’s bike due to fire?
You should submit the following documents to register a claim under Oriental Insurance in case of damage due to fire.
- Copy of the claim intimation, along with a copy of the policy and premium receipt.
- Claim form
- Copy of the FIR
- Final Police Report
- Fire Brigade Report
- Photographs and videos of the property damage
- To estimate the value of the loss or damage, please also make available the asset register, stock register, original bills, repairs and replacement bills.
Can I register a claim in case of consequential loss under Oriental bike insurance policy?
No, you cannot register a claim under Oriental Insurance for consequential loss or damage of the insured’s bike.
What are the circumstantial proves that can help in settling the claim?
The following circumstantial evidence can act as your support in settling the claim.
- Eyewitnesses (You can collect the contact numbers of the eyewitnesses)
- Pictures of the location of the incident (accident or theft)
- Pictures of the insured’s bike post-accident which clearly shows the extent of damage
How should I contact Oriental Insurance in case of roadside emergency?
You can contact Oriental Insurance for a roadside emergency by dialling their helpline numbers which are 1800 118485 and 011-33208485 (chargeable).
Why Choose Bike Insurance from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Latest Bike Insurance News
- Insurance For Second Hand Two Wheeler Explained
Why get a second-hand bike insured? What is a Second-hand Bi...18 September 2020
- Benefits of Timely Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal
Learn benefits of timely online two wheeler insurance renewa...17 September 2020
- Two Wheeler Insurance Claim Rejection Reasons
Learn 7 reasons for rejection of two-wheeler insurance claim...15 September 2020
- How to Change Two Wheeler Insurance
If you want to change your insurer in the middle of your pol...14 September 2020
- Everything About Bike Insurance Types, Benefits an...
What are the types of two-wheeler insurance in India? Why is...11 September 2020
- Understand Theft Cover of Two-Wheeler Insurance Pl...
Understand Theft Cover of Two-Wheeler Insurance Plans10 September 2020