Top Car Insurance Plans
- CASHLESS GARAGES 6,800
- CLAIMS SETTLED 89%
- ZERO DEP. CLAIMS UNLIMITED
- Maximum Cashless Garages
- Over Night Vehicle Repairs
- 24x7 Roadside Assistance
- Quick Claim Settlement
- CASHLESS GARAGES 3,100
- CLAIMS SETTLED 95%
- COMPREHENSIVE CLAIMS UNLIMITED
- Towing Assistance (For Accidents)
- Coverage Outside India
- PSU Provider
- Quick Claim Settlement
Maruti Alto K10 Variants with Insurance Premium Price
|Variant Name||Ex-showroom Price||Comprehensive Car Insurance||Third Party Car Insurance||Own Damage Car Insurance|
Maruti Alto K10999 cc, Petrol
Maruti Alto K10 STD998 cc, Petrol
Maruti Alto K10 LXi998 cc, Petrol
Maruti Alto K10 LXI998 cc, Petrol
Maruti Alto K10 VXi998 cc, Petrol
Maruti Alto K10 VXI998 cc, Petrol
Maruti Alto K10 VXi Plus998 cc, Petrol
Maruti Alto K10 VXI Plus998 cc, Petrol
Maruti Alto K10 VXi AT998 cc, Petrol
Maruti Alto K10 VXI AT998 cc, Petrol
Maruti Alto K10 VXi Plus AT998 cc, Petrol
Maruti Alto K10 VXI Plus AT998 cc, Petrol
Maruti Alto K10 VXi S-CNG998 cc, CNG
Maruti Alto K10 VXI S-CNG998 cc, CNG
Calculate Your Maruti Alto K10 Insurance Price
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
Maruti Alto K10 Key Specifications
₹3.00 Lakhs onwards
24.39 to 24.9 kmpl
How to Buy Insurance for Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 Insurance via InsuranceDekho
Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 Summary
Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 is considered to be the most driven car in the country. Its elegant design and economical price model makes it a family car. It possesses an engine capacity of up to 998 cc and delivers a mileage of 23.95 kmpl to 32.26 km/kg with petrol and CNG variants respectively. This cost-efficient hatchback car comes with manual and automatic transmission and is available in 12 variants and 5 different colours. When it comes to security, the Alto K10 is equipped with various safety features such as central locking, seat belt warning, rear seat belts, engine immobilizer, anti-theft device, side and front impact beams and so on.
Maruti Alto K10 Car Insurance
You should have a minimum of a third party car insurance cover for your Maruti alto K10 car, according to the Indian Motor Tariff. The car insurance cover offers you compensation against the financial liabilities of a third party that may arise due to an accident involving your car. If caught driving without at least a third party car insurance policy, you can be charged with a fine of Rs. 2,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 3 months.
Types of Insurance Cover for Maruti Alto K10 Car
1. Third Party Cover
This is minimum insurance coverage that you should at least own. It gives you compensation against the expenses which may be caused by you, towards the third party for bodily injury, death, or property damage, incurred due to an accident with your car. The maximum coverage for the expenses of property damage is limited to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
2. Standalone Own-Damage Cover
Own Damage Car Insurance is an insurance policy designed to protect your car’s own damage, which includes the damages or loss incurred to your own car due to an accident or a mishap.
3. Comprehensive Cover
This is an insurance policy that compensates for the damages incurred by you towards a third party as well as for the own-damage expenses, which may be caused due to an accident or an unforeseen event involving your car.
How to Buy Maruti Alto K10 Car Insurance From InsuranceDekho
Visit InsuranceDekho and get all the insurance-related solutions for your car insurance policy. Refer to the steps given below to purchase a car insurance cover for your Maruti Suzuki Alto K10:
Step 1: Visit InsuranceDekho official website
Step 2: Enter your car number in the “get your quote” section. If you don't have the car number, just enter some details like car brand, car model, fuel type, a variant of the car, registration year, registration place, etc., to proceed further.
Step 3: Enter your name and mobile number to get the car insurance quote
Step 4: Choose a quote and finalize a plan as per your budget and requirements
Step 5: Pay for the selected insurance policy. You will receive the policy document via email.
Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 Car Insurance Claim Process
Cashless Car Insurance Process
With the cashless car insurance process, you can get your car repaired without paying anything at a network garage of your insurance company and your insurer will pay off your repair expenses on your behalf. Here is the process of the cashless car insurance claim for your Alto K10 car:
- Inform your insurer after an accident or mishap by calling the customer care team of your insurer or by visiting their official website or through their mobile app.
- Share the details of the incident with the police and register an FIR, mainly in case of accident, theft, and so on.
- Click a few pictures of the damages sustained by your car, bodily injuries, if suffered, and so on., after the accident as they can be used as valid proof during the claim settlement.
- Take your car to the nearest network garage for cashless repairs. You can connect with your insurer to arrange towing facilities for your car, in case it becomes immovable.
- Once your car reaches the garage, a surveyor will be sent by your insurance company to assess the extent of damages sustained by your car. At this stage, you will have to show relevant documents such as registration certificate, driving license, FIR, etc., to the surveyor.
- The surveyor will prepare a claim report and submit it to the insurance company on the basis of which your insurer will approve or reject your claim.
- If your insurer approves your claim, the network garage will start repairing your car. After the repair is done, your insurer will pay the repair amount to the garage on your behalf.
Reimbursement Car Insurance Process
The reimbursement claim process makes you pay the repair bills at the time of repair and then get it reimbursed by your insurer. Here is the process of reimbursement car insurance claim for your Alto K10 car:
- Intimate your insurer about the accident or any mishap and register your claim.
- Take your damaged car to any garage or repair centre of your choice for repair.
- A surveyor will be sent by your insurance company at the garage to access the damages.
- The surveyor will prepare a claim estimate report and submit it to your insurance company.
- The garage will repair your car and you will have to pay the generated car repair bill.
- Submit the original bills of repair issued by the garage to your insurer with a claim form.
- Your insurer will inspect your repair bills and claim form and reimburse your repair cost.
Add-ons For Your Maruti Alto K10 Car Insurance
Check Insurance Quotes of Similar Cars
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Price
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Price
- View Hyundai i10 Insurance Price
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Price
- View Hyundai Santro Insurance Price
- View Volkswagen Polo Insurance Price
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Price
- View Maruti Ciaz Insurance Price
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Price
- View Honda City Insurance Price
- View Skoda Rapid Insurance Price
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Price
- View Tata Tigor Insurance Price
- View Hyundai Xcent Insurance Price
- View Maruti Vitara Brezza Insurance Price
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Price
- View Mahindra Bolero Insurance Price
- View Tata Nexon Insurance Price
- View Mahindra Scorpio Insurance Price
- View Mahindra XUV500 Insurance Price
- View Hyundai Venue Insurance Price
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Price
- View Toyota Fortuner Insurance Price
- View Maruti Omni Insurance Price
- View Maruti Eeco Insurance Price
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Price
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Price
- View Honda Mobilio Insurance Price
- View Renault Triber Insurance Price
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Price
- View Mahindra Marazzo Insurance Price
- View Datsun GO Plus Insurance Price
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Price
Calculate your Car IDV
Partner Car Insurance Companies
Explore Car Insurance
Maruti Alto K10 Car Insurance User Reviews5 Reviews
- Quotes in a jiffyI never knew generating quotes for my Maruti Alto K10 could be done in a jiffy. I just provided the registration number ...Bharti Axa car InsuranceBy Rupali Basak On:8th February, 2021
- Great experienceBuying HDFC ERGO comprehensive car insurance policy for my Maruti Alto K10 on insurancedekho.com has been a great experi...Hdfc Ergo car InsuranceBy Supratim Bhattacharya On:4th January, 2021
- Reliable websiteInsuranceDekho is a reliable website for all insurance-related needs. The Raheja QBE car policy issuance for my Maruti A...Raheja Qbe car InsuranceBy Sayantan Deb On:17th November, 2020
- Seamless payment optionsI received great assistance from InsuranceDekho while renewing my Liberty insurance policy for my Maruti Alto K10. I cou...Liberty car InsuranceBy Selim Khanna On:2nd November, 2020
- Economical insurance policiesICICI Lombard offered me very cost-effective insurance plans for my Maruti Alto K10 car. I am very happy with their econ...Icici Lombard car InsuranceBy Sumit ShekharOn:26th May, 2020
Car Insurance News
Pulled over by the traffic police? Read this article to know...11 November 2023
We often look for a cheap car insurance policy. However, it ...11 November 2023
Misplaced your insurance papers? Here is what you need to do...26 October 2023
Passenger insurance provides financial protection for passen...26 October 2023
When purchasing car insurance, it's crucial to comprehend th...26 October 2023
Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 Car Insurance FAQs
What is the Best Car Insurance Plan for My Maruti Alto K10?
The car insurance that is best suited for your Alto K10 depends on your needs and price point. The easiest way to find the right policy for you is to purchase your policy online. With a few clicks, you can compare different car insurance companies, the quotes they offer and their network cashless garages. Checking the claim settlement ratio is a good indicator of the insurance companies’ reputation.
Will Car Insurance Pay for My Alto K10’s Windshield if it is Shattered in an Accident?
Your insurance provider will compensate for the damages to your car in case of a mishap only if you have a standalone own damage cover or a comprehensive plan. Moreover, if the mishap occurred due to a case of illegal driving the insurance company will not cover the costs.
Does My Second Hand Alto K10 Require Car Insurance?
Yes, every car driving on Indian roads must have at least a third party insurance. If caught without it you can be fined Rs. 2,000 and/or be imprisoned for up to 3 months. However, it is also advised that you purchase an own damage cover for your car as well.
What are the Factors that Affect My Alto K10’s Insurance Price?
The insurance premium amount is decided by the Insured Declared Value or IDv that factors in the selling price of the car, the age of the car and its depreciation rate. The older your car the lower the IDV and the premium amount.
How to Claim Insurance for My Alto K10?
To file for an insurance claim for your Alto K10 first file an FIR at the nearest police station, (in case of an accident). Inform the insurance provider of the situation and they will tell you the documents you require for the process. Fill in the claim form and submit it with the copies of the required documents. The insurance provider will send a surveyor to check your vehicle and he/she will file a report. Once this is approved the claim amount will be issued. You can then either take your car to a network garage or to a separate workshop of your choice and get the reimbursement later.