Calculate Your Maruti Alto 800 Insurance
Maruti Alto 800 Key Specifications
₹2.95 Lakhs onwards
22.05 to 33 kmpl
How to Buy Insurance for Maruti Alto 800 Insurance via InsuranceDekho
Maruti Alto 800 Summary
Maruti Alto 800 is a spacious and convenient car. This 5-seater car delivers a mileage up to 31.59 km/kg with an engine capacity of 796 cc. It is available with a manual transmission and has a boot space of 177 litres. It has dual front airbags, Anti-lock braking system, Child-safety locks, Remote keyless entry etc. It is offered in 6 different colors.
Maruti Alto 800 Car Insurance
Third party insurance cover is a statutory requirement for every car owner as per Indian Motor Tariff. It covers you from losses and damages which are caused to a third party from your car. Owners not holding this cover have to pay a fine of Rs. 2,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 3 months can be imposed on you.
Types of Car Insurance Plans
The following are the types of car insurance plans which can be opted by you:
- Third Party Cover – It is an essential and a mandatory insurance policy in motor insurance.It covers the expenses that are incurred by the car owner from a loss or damage caused by his car resulting in third party bodily injury, death/disability. It also offers coverage for damage to third party property and the limit is up to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
- Standalone Own-Damage Cover – This insurance plan provides coverage to your car from theft, accidental events or any damage/ loss due to fire. Various add-ons can be availed by you along with this cover.
- Comprehensive Cover – This policy offers an extensive coverage to both third party liabilities and own-damage. One can also opt for various add-ons along with the comprehensive cover such as Zero depreciation, NCB protection etc.
How to Buy Insurance for Maruti Alto 800 From InsuranceDekho
Get the best car insurance plans at InsuranceDekho. All you have to do is follow the below steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website InsuranceDekho
Step 2: In the “Get Your Quote” section, enter your car’s number.
Step 3: Then you have to enter your name and mobile number to get car insurance quotes
Step 4: Select a car insurance quote based on your budget and requirement
Step 5: Once the payment is made for your chosen insurance plan, you will get its policy document via email.
Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 Car Insurance Claim Process
Cashless Car Insurance Process
The cashless car insurance process gets your car repaired free of cost at your insurer’s network garage and makes the insurer to settle your repair expenses. Here is the cashless car insurance claim process for your Alto 800 car:
- Inform your insurance company immediately after an accident or mishap by contacting the customer care team of your insurer or through their website or mobile app, if available.
- Tell the police about the event in detail and lodge an FIR, mainly in case of accident, theft, etc.
- Click some photos of damages sustained by your car, your bodily injuries, etc., after the accident to keep them as valid proof during the claim settlement.
- Take your car to the nearest network garage for cashless repairs. You can contact your insurer to arrange towing facility if your car could not move.
- After your car reaches the garage, your insurer will send a surveyor to assess the extent of damages sustained by your car. Here you will have to show all the relevant documents like car registration certificate, driving license, FIR, etc., to the surveyor.
- The surveyor will prepare and submit a claim report stating the estimate of the claim amount. Based on the documents and surveyor's report, your insurer will approve or reject your claim.
- If the insurance company gives approval, the network garage will start repairing your car. Once the repair is completed, your insurer will settle the repair bills directly with the garage.
Reimbursement Car Insurance Process
With the reimbursement claim process, you will have to pay for the repair bills initially and then your insurer will reimburse it. Here is the reimbursement car insurance claim process for your Alto 800 car:
- Intimate your insurance company about the incident and register your claim.
- Take your insured car to any garage or workshop of your choice to get it repaired.
- The surveyor of your insurance company will visit the garage to access the damages.
- A claim estimate report will be prepared and submitted to your insurance company by the surveyor.
- The garage will start repairing your damaged car and you will have to pay the generated repair bill.
- Submit the original bills of repair issued by the garage and other relevant documents to your insurer with a claim form.
- The insurance company will examine your repair bills and claim form and then will reimburse your repair cost.
Maruti Alto 800 Variants with Insurance Premium Price
Maruti Alto 800 LXI Opt BSIV796 cc,Petrol
Maruti Alto 800 LXI Opt S-CNG796 cc,CNG
Maruti Alto 800 LXI BSIV796 cc,Petrol
Maruti Alto 800 LXI Opt CNG796 cc,CNG
Maruti Alto 800 LXI CNG796 cc,CNG
Maruti Alto 800 LXI796 cc,Petrol
Maruti Alto 800 LXI Opt796 cc,Petrol
Maruti Alto 800 STD BSIV796 cc,Petrol
Maruti Alto 800 LXI S-CNG796 cc,CNG
Maruti Alto 800 STD Opt796 cc,Petrol
Maruti Alto 800 STD Opt BSIV796 cc,Petrol
Maruti Alto 800 STD796 cc,Petrol
Maruti Alto 800 VXI796 cc,Petrol
Maruti Alto 800 VXI Plus796 cc,Petrol
Maruti Alto 800 VXI BSIV796 cc,Petrol
Add-ons For Your Maruti Alto 800 Car Insurance
Check Insurance Quotes of Similar Cars
- View Maruti S-Presso Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Quotes
- View Datsun redi-GO Insurance Quotes
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai i10 Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Santro Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Celerio Insurance Quotes
- View Volkswagen Polo Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ciaz Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Skoda Rapid Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Tigor Insurance Quotes
- View Ford Aspire Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Xcent Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Vitara Brezza Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Bolero Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Nexon Insurance Quotes
- View Ford Ecosport Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Scorpio Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra XUV500 Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Venue Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Fortuner Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Omni Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Eeco Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Mobilio Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Marazzo Insurance Quotes
- View Datsun GO Plus Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
Calculate your Car IDV
Explore Car Insurance
Maruti Alto 800 Car Insurance User Reviews14 Reviews
- A trusted and sincere company with an appreciable customer care supportI feel proud to be a customer of insurancedekho an esteemed company providing insurance service with commendable custome...New IndiaBy MOHAMMED MUSTHAFA POn:11th June, 2022
- car insurancefast and good service, immediately call from customer service they will help and confirm from their side. over all good ...Icici LombardBy SIDDARTHAN S POn:25th May, 2022
- Excellent RishabExcellent follow up by Rishab, he kept reminding me about my policy and explained the rates and other processes, keep up...Acko General InsuranceBy JINO JOYOn:8th February, 2022
- Updated and detailed contentI visited InsuranceDekho to get a suitable car insurance policy for my Maruti Alto 800 car. The in-depth and correct inf...Bajaj AllianzBy Yash KumarOn:6th December, 2021
- Very Good experienceGood experience. I am very happy to buy this policy. I am satisfied with InsuranceDekho's services. It was easy buy this...Sbi General InsuranceBy Aneesh khanOn:9th November, 2021
- very good sitei like the service which is gets fast and as per requirement also got quotes from lower to higher was to selct prefarabl...Reliance General InsuranceBy MANALI PAVAN LAVEKAROn:27th August, 2021
- Good servicesGood process. I was able to buy the policy within a few minutes online. Thanks to the efficient team for the help. Amazi...Universal SompoBy BAPU NIMBALKAROn:11th June, 2021
- Infinite policy optionsAll the best insurers of the country are listed on InsuranceDekho. I navigated through the website, checked infinite pol...LibertyBy Debanya BanerjeeOn:27th November, 2020
- Renewal done in minutesI got my policy renewed in just a few minutes at InsuranceDekho after making the payment. I have renewed my Digit own da...DigitBy Vishnu MishraOn:2nd June, 2020
- Easy to pay optionsI was allowed to make my payment through multiple payment gateways while purchasing a Raheja QBE plan for my Maruti Suzu...Raheja QbeBy Ganesh KumarOn:29th May, 2020
Car Insurance News
- Consumables Add-on to Car Insurance
Learn all about consumables add-on to car insurance.02 July 2022
- What Effects Do Car Modifications Have on Insuranc...
Learn which modifications to your automobile have an impact ...01 July 2022
- Vehicle Insurance Renewal in 5 Simple Tips
Are you thinking of renewing your insurance policy? In 5 sim...01 July 2022
- Is it possible for your GST number to be included ...
Is it possible to include your GST number in your car insura...30 June 2022
- All You Need to Learn About Personal Accident Cove...
Here's all you need to know about the required personal acci...30 June 2022
- How Do I Get an Online Car Pollution Certificate?
The Pollution Under Control Certificate, or PUC certificate,...16 May 2022
- 10 Ways To Save Money On Car Insurance
Let’s discuss some tricks on how to get the best deal on you...06 May 2022
- What Effects Can Modifications Have on Your Digit ...
Read this article to discover more about the factors that de...05 May 2022
- What is a Cashless Car Insurance Policy, And How D...
The cashless auto insurance function is quite helpful in the...14 May 2022
- What Is The Best Way To Check Your Car Insurance D...
Know how you can check your car insurance details using your...04 May 2022
Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 Car Insurance FAQs
What is the Best Car Insurance Plan for My Maruti Alto 800?
The best car insurance plan for your Maruti Alto 800 depends on your needs. However, having a comprehensive plan is advisable; it covers the cost of both own-damage and third party liabilities under a single premium, making it cost-effective and convenient.
Will Car Insurance Pay for My Alto 800 Car’s Windshield if it is Shattered in an Accident?
Yes, if you have a standalone own-damage cover or a comprehensive cover you can receive compensation for the cost of repairing the windshield in case of an accident. However, if the accident happened due to some kind of illegal driving, such as driving without a license or while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, the insurance company can reject your claim Additionally, keep in mind that the compensation will take into account the IDV and will also include deductibles.
Does My Second Hand Alto 800 Require Car Insurance?
Yes, it is compulsory for every vehicle driving on Indian roads including second hand vehicles to have at least a third party insurance policy. Without it, you can be fined Rs. 2,000 and/or be imprisoned for up to 3 months. Moreover, keep in mind that you need to transfer your car insurance policy to your name after the purchase.
What Factors Affect My Alto 800 Car Insurance Price?
The car insurance premium amount is dependent on the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the vehicle, which is heavily dependent on the depreciation rate on the different car parts and it’s age.
How to Claim Car Insurance for My Alto 800?
The following steps will guide you to file an insurance claim for your Alto 800:
- Step 1: In case of an accident, mishap or theft make sure to file an FIR at the earliest at your nearest police station. A copy of this will be required for the claim process.
- Step 2: Inform the insurance provider. Each claim process documents are a little different based on the insurance company and the mishap.
- Step 3: Provide the required documents along with the claim form duly filled to the insurance provider.
- Step 4: The insurance provider will schedule a visit of the surveyor. he/she will analyse the damage and submit a report. It is according to this report that the claim request will be completed.
- Step 5: After the report has been filed and the claim approved, you can take the car to a network garage where the repair can be done and compensated for in a cashless manner. Otherwise, you can take the car to another workshop of your choice and submit the original receipts for compensation.
What is NCB in Car Insurance for My Alto 800?
The NCB or the No Claim Bonus is a reward given by the insurance provider to the policyholder for a claim-free year available with an own-damage cover only. Moreover, the NCB is accumulative in nature and can go up to fifty per cent in the 5th year.
What is Zero Depreciation Cover in Car Insurance for My Alto 800?
The Zero Depreciation Cover is an add-on cover that is available with standalone own-damage covers and comprehensive plans for the Alto 800. It negates the depreciation rate of the vehicle when a claim is filed, therefore ensuring a higher claim amount. However, it is only available for cars that are less than 5 years old and this add-on can be used only a limited number of times within a year.
How is IDV Calculated for My Alto 800 Car Insurance?
The Insured Declared Value will depend on the car’s manufacturer selling price minus the depreciation rate.
How to Renew the Car Insurance Policy for My Alto 800?
The following steps will guide you renew an existing insurance policy for your Alto 800:
- Step 1: Visit our website InsurancDekho and click on the tab ‘car’.
- Step 2: Provide your car’s registration number and select ‘Proceed’. Next, select your car’s fuel type and variant and proceed. In case you cannot remember the car’s registration number you can also enter other details such as model, make and year of registration etc.
- Step 3: Enter the expiry date of the previous insurance policy and the name of the insurance policy. Also, mention any claims you had made in the previous year and then select ‘Continue’.
- Step 4: In the provided section insert your personal details, i.e., name and mobile number and then click on ‘Submit and Get Quotes’.
- Step 5: The quotes available in your category from the different car insurance companies will be visible on your screen. Select the policy of your choice and add-ons if any.
- Step 6: Make the payment for your selected policy and the policy document will be sent to your registered email ID.
*Standard T&C Apply. All savings/offers are offered by insurance companies as approved by the IRDAI for the product under applicable file & use guidelines. Savings in motor insurance are as quoted in Indian Motor Tariff. For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure of respective insurers carefully before concluding a sale. Tax benefits are subject to changes in applicable tax laws. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, (CIN: U66010RJ2016PTC054811, Regd.Off: Girnar 21, Govind Marg, Moti Doongari Road, Dharam Singh Circle, Jaipur, Rajasthan- 302004; Corp. Off: Second and Third Floor, Plot no.301, Phase-2, Udyog Vihar, Gurugram-122022, Haryana, India. IRDAI License no 588. Direct Broker (Life & General) valid till 19th March 2023. Email - firstname.lastname@example.org; Helpline number: 7551196989.
You authorise Girnar Insurance Brokers Pvt Ltd (insurancedekho) to contact you through call, SMS, email, WhatsApp or any other mode in the future. You hereby override your NDNC registration.