Which car do you drive?
How to Buy Insurance for Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 Insurance via InsuranceDekho
Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 Summary
Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 is considered to be the most driven car in the country. Its elegant design and economical price model makes it a family car. It possesses the engine capacity of up to 998 cc and delivers a mileage of 23.95 kmpl to 32.26 km/kg with petrol and CNG variants respectively. This cost-efficient hatchback car comes with manual and automatic transmission and is available in 12 variants and 5 different colours. When it comes to security, the Alto K10 is equipped with various safety features such as central locking, seat belt warning, rear seat belts, engine immobilizer, anti-theft device, side and front impact beams and so on.
Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 Car Insurance
You should have a minimum of a third party car insurance cover, according to the Indian Motor Tariff. The insurance cover offers you the compensation against the financial liabilities towards a third party that may arise due to an accident involving your car. If caught driving without at least a third party car insurance policy, you can be charged with a fine of Rs. 2,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 3 months.
Types of Insurance Cover
1. Third Party Cover
This is a minimum insurance cover that you should at least own. It gives you compensation against the expenses which may be caused by you, towards the third party for bodily injury, death or property damage, incurred due to an accident with your car. The maximum coverage for the expenses of property damage is limited to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
2. Standalone Own-Damage Cover
This is an insurance policy designed to protect your car’s own damage, which include the damages or loss incurred to your own car due to an accident or a mishap.
3. Comprehensive Cover
This is an insurance policy which compensates for the damages incurred by you towards a third party as well as for the own-damage expenses, which may be caused due to an accident or an unforeseen event involving your car.
How to Buy Insurance for Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 From InsuranceDekho
Visit InsuranceDekho and get all the insurance-related solutions for your car insurance policy. Refer to the steps given below to purchase a car insurance cover for your Maruti Suzuki Alto K10:
Step 1: Visit InsuranceDekho’s official website, i.e., www.insurancedekho.com
Step 2: Enter your car number in the “get your quote” section. If you don't have the car number, just enter some details like car brand, car model, fuel type, a variant of the car, registration year, registration place, etc., to proceed further.
Step 3: Enter your name and mobile number to get the car insurance quote
Step 4: Choose a quote and finalize a plan as per your budget and requirements
Step 5: Pay for the selected insurance policy. You will receive the policy document via email.
Maruti Alto K10 Variants
|Variant Name||Fuel Type||Ex-showroom Price|
|Maruti Alto K10 LX||Petrol||₹360,843.00|
|Maruti Alto K10 LXI||Petrol||₹377,588.00|
|Maruti Alto K10 LX Optional||Petrol||₹344,950.00|
|Maruti Alto K10 LXI CNG Optional||CNG||₹424,090.00|
|Maruti Alto K10 LXI CNG||CNG||₹439,777.00|
|Maruti Alto K10 LXI Optional||Petrol||₹361,252.00|
|Maruti Alto K10 Plus Edition||Petrol||₹340,000.00|
|Maruti Alto K10 VXI||Petrol||₹394,036.00|
|Maruti Alto K10 VXI AGS Optional||Petrol||₹424,537.00|
|Maruti Alto K10 VXI Optional||Petrol||₹407,238.00|
|Maruti Alto K10 VXI Airbag||Petrol||₹391,871.00|
|Maruti Alto K10 VXI AMT||Petrol||₹438,559.00|
Add-ons For Your Maruti Alto K10 Car Insurance
A car's value depreciates constantly with time. Thus, at the time of a claim settlement, the depreciated value of a car is deducted from the claim amount. However, by opting for a zero depreciation add-on you can shift the liability of the depreciation cost to the insurer and get the entire claim amount without any deduction of the depreciation sum. This add-on is generally available till the age of 5 years of car, however, the car age limit varies from insurer to insurer.
A No Claim Bonus (NCB) is a discount given by the insurer in the premium amount to a car insurance policy holder for not making a claim in the entire tenure of the motor insurance policy. This discount is not available if the policy holder has made even a single claim. However, with the NCB cover, a policyholder will be entitled to receive an NCB discount despite having made a claim subject terms and conditions of insurance company. The NCB discount keeps on increasing with every claim-free year until it reaches 50%.
A car's engine is by default not covered under either a comprehensive or a standalone own-damage car insurance policy. And therefore, if it gets damaged due water-logging or oil leakage, your insurance company is not liable to pay for its damages. But, if you opt for the add-on known as Engine Cover, you can get your car's engine insured by the insurer for damages incurred due to water ingression as well as leakage of lubricants. Engine Cover is one of the most popular car insurance add-ons and is available against the payment of a nominal premium.
If you have a return to invoice cover added on to your comprehensive car insurance policy, you can claim the total ex-showroom price of your car, taxes and registration charges, in case of total loss. In case of total constructive loss (more than 70% of damage) or theft of your car, an insurance company pays the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your car as compensation. However, this IDV is lesser than the actual amount paid by you at the time of purchasing your car. When you opt for the add-on called Return To Invoice Cover with your car insurance policy, the insurance company pays the total ex-showroom price of your car plus the taxes and registration charges incurred at the time of purchase, as the claim amount in case of total loss.
Find Right Quotes for Cars by Body Type
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes →
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Elite i20 Insurance Quotes →
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Quotes →
- View Renault KWID Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Quotes →
- View New Skoda Rapid Insurance Quotes →
- View Kia Seltos Insurance Quotes →
- View MG Hector Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes →
- View Tata Nexon Insurance Quotes →
- View Mahindra Scorpio Insurance Quotes →
- View Tata Harrier Insurance Quotes →
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes →
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes →
- View Mahindra Marazzo Insurance Quotes →
- View Datsun GO Plus Insurance Quotes →
- View Land Rover Range Rover Insurance Quotes →
- View BMW 5 Series Insurance Quotes →
- View Land Rover Range Rover Velar Insurance Quotes →
- View BMW 3 Series Insurance Quotes →
- View Audi A6 Insurance Quotes →
- View Audi Q8 Insurance Quotes →
Maruti Alto K10 Car Insurance User Reviews7 Reviews
- I am glad that I got a great support by your team.VIKRAM SINGH PANWARMaruti Alto K10, DehradunLiberty General Insurance Company Limited28th May, 2020
- ICICI Lombard offered me very cost-effective insurance plans for my Maruti Alto K10 car. I am very happy with their economical offerings.Sumit ShekharIcici Lombard26th May, 2020
- Good insurance Company giving right IDV for cars.Naveen KumarMaruti Alto K10, JabalpurUniversal Sompo16th March, 2020
- very nice support team. They helped me well.NAVEEN KUMARMaruti Maruti Alto K10, SafidonIFFCO Tokio29th November, 2019
- Good service mohd suhail good conversation and very excellent person.SARVESH KUMAR SHARMAMaruti Alto K10, AgraHDFC ERGO14th June, 2019
- Good support, good communication, convenient process.BALBIR CHANDMaruti Alto K10, JalandharDHFL General Insurance1st January, 1970
- Very good service. Before this, I had never made a payment online but your executive gave me trust that online payment is very safe and explained about zero depreciation policy and claim process. I am very happy with your services. Thanks to your executive for guiding me how to purchase online insurance.KULVIR SINGH TAXAKMaruti Alto K10, JhajjarIFFCO Tokio1st January, 1970
Latest Car Insurance News
- Read More →
- Read More →
Maruti Alto K10 FAQ's
Which insurer has the best claim settlement ratio for Maruti Alto K10 cars
Bharti AXA General Insurance, Acko General Insurance, and ICICI Lombard General Insurance are among the car insurers with great claim settlement ratio for Maruti Alto K10 cars.
From where can I purchase insurance for my Maruti Alto K10 car
You can compare car insurance policies offered by all the top-rated insurers in India for Maruti Alto K10 at InsuranceDekho and choose the plan which best suits your needs. With InsuranceDekho, you can purchase an insurance policy in just 5 minutes
Which are the insurance add-ons for Maruti Alto K10 cars
The most opted insurance add-ons with Maruti Alto K10 cars include RSA (Road Side Assistance) cover, zero depreciation add-on, NCB (No Claim Bonus) cover and engine cover among others.
What all documents do I need to get my Maruti Alto K10 car insurance renewed?
You can get your Maruti Alto K10 car insurance policy renewed paperlessly with InsuranceDekho. You just need to have the following details with you:
1 Previous Year Policy Number
2 Previous Year Policy Expiry Date
3 Vehicle Registration Number
*Standard T&C Apply. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure of respective insurers carefully before concluding a sale. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, 4th Floor, Tower B, Emaar Digital Greens, Golf Course Extension Road, Sector-61, Gurugram-122102, Haryana. IRDAI License no 588. Direct Broker (General Insurance) valid till 19th March 2023. Email -firstname.lastname@example.org.