What is your car's brand?
How to Buy Insurance for Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 Insurance via InsuranceDekho
Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 Summary
Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 is considered to be the most driven car in the country. Its elegant design and economical price model makes it a family car. It possesses an engine capacity of up to 998 cc and delivers a mileage of 23.95 kmpl to 32.26 km/kg with petrol and CNG variants respectively. This cost-efficient hatchback car comes with manual and automatic transmission and is available in 12 variants and 5 different colours. When it comes to security, the Alto K10 is equipped with various safety features such as central locking, seat belt warning, rear seat belts, engine immobilizer, anti-theft device, side and front impact beams and so on.
Maruti Alto K10 Car Insurance
You should have a minimum of a third party car insurance cover for your Maruti alto K10 car, according to the Indian Motor Tariff. The car insurance cover offers you compensation against the financial liabilities of a third party that may arise due to an accident involving your car. If caught driving without at least a third party car insurance policy, you can be charged with a fine of Rs. 2,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 3 months.
Types of Insurance Cover for Maruti Alto K10 Car
1. Third Party Cover
This is minimum insurance coverage that you should at least own. It gives you compensation against the expenses which may be caused by you, towards the third party for bodily injury, death, or property damage, incurred due to an accident with your car. The maximum coverage for the expenses of property damage is limited to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
2. Standalone Own-Damage Cover
Own Damage Car Insurance is an insurance policy designed to protect your car’s own damage, which includes the damages or loss incurred to your own car due to an accident or a mishap.
3. Comprehensive Cover
This is an insurance policy that compensates for the damages incurred by you towards a third party as well as for the own-damage expenses, which may be caused due to an accident or an unforeseen event involving your car.
How to Buy Maruti Alto K10 Car Insurance From InsuranceDekho
Visit InsuranceDekho and get all the insurance-related solutions for your car insurance policy. Refer to the steps given below to purchase a car insurance cover for your Maruti Suzuki Alto K10:
Step 1: Visit InsuranceDekho official website
Step 2: Enter your car number in the “get your quote” section. If you don't have the car number, just enter some details like car brand, car model, fuel type, a variant of the car, registration year, registration place, etc., to proceed further.
Step 3: Enter your name and mobile number to get the car insurance quote
Step 4: Choose a quote and finalize a plan as per your budget and requirements
Step 5: Pay for the selected insurance policy. You will receive the policy document via email.
Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 Car Insurance Claim Process
Cashless Car Insurance Process
With the cashless car insurance process, you can get your car repaired without paying anything at a network garage of your insurance company and your insurer will pay off your repair expenses on your behalf. Here is the process of the cashless car insurance claim for your Alto K10 car:
- Inform your insurer after an accident or mishap by calling the customer care team of your insurer or by visiting their official website or through their mobile app.
- Share the details of the incident with the police and register an FIR, mainly in case of accident, theft, and so on.
- Click a few pictures of the damages sustained by your car, bodily injuries, if suffered, and so on., after the accident as they can be used as valid proof during the claim settlement.
- Take your car to the nearest network garage for cashless repairs. You can connect with your insurer to arrange towing facilities for your car, in case it becomes immovable.
- Once your car reaches the garage, a surveyor will be sent by your insurance company to assess the extent of damages sustained by your car. At this stage, you will have to show relevant documents such as registration certificate, driving license, FIR, etc., to the surveyor.
- The surveyor will prepare a claim report and submit it to the insurance company on the basis of which your insurer will approve or reject your claim.
- If your insurer approves your claim, the network garage will start repairing your car. After the repair is done, your insurer will pay the repair amount to the garage on your behalf.
Reimbursement Car Insurance Process
The reimbursement claim process makes you pay the repair bills at the time of repair and then get it reimbursed by your insurer. Here is the process of reimbursement car insurance claim for your Alto K10 car:
- Intimate your insurer about the accident or any mishap and register your claim.
- Take your damaged car to any garage or repair centre of your choice for repair.
- A surveyor will be sent by your insurance company at the garage to access the damages.
- The surveyor will prepare a claim estimate report and submit it to your insurance company.
- The garage will repair your car and you will have to pay the generated car repair bill.
- Submit the original bills of repair issued by the garage to your insurer with a claim form.
- Your insurer will inspect your repair bills and claim form and reimburse your repair cost.
Maruti Alto K10 Variants
|Variant Name||Fuel Type||Ex-showroom Price|
|Maruti Alto K10 LXI||Petrol||₹377,588.00|
|Maruti Alto K10 Plus Edition||Petrol||₹340,000.00|
|Maruti Alto K10 LX Optional||Petrol||₹344,950.00|
|Maruti Alto K10 LXI Optional||Petrol||₹361,252.00|
|Maruti Alto K10 LX||Petrol||₹360,843.00|
|Maruti Alto K10 LXI CNG Optional||CNG||₹424,090.00|
|Maruti Alto K10 LXI CNG||CNG||₹439,777.00|
|Maruti Alto K10 VXI AMT||Petrol||₹438,559.00|
|Maruti Alto K10 VXI||Petrol||₹394,036.00|
|Maruti Alto K10 VXI Optional||Petrol||₹407,238.00|
|Maruti Alto K10 VXI Airbag||Petrol||₹391,871.00|
|Maruti Alto K10 VXI AGS Optional||Petrol||₹424,537.00|
Add-ons For Your Maruti Alto K10 Car Insurance
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Wagon R Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Lamborghini Urus Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Seltos Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Fortuner Insurance Quotes
- View BMW X4 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Eeco Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
Maruti Alto K10 Car Insurance User Reviews17 Reviews
- Quotes in a jiffyI never knew generating quotes for my Maruti Alto K10 could be done in a jiffy. I just provided the registration number ...Bharti AxaBy Rupali Basak On:8th February, 2021
- good support from your side thanks to shashankgood experience your employee shashank has explain very well and clear my all dots. he was soo good and patient and supp...Iffco TokioBy AVTAR SINGHOn:19th January, 2021
- good executive shashankgood service by your executive (shashank) he will explain all the things because of that i will convince and purchase....Hdfc ErgoBy SHEHNAZ PARBINOn:16th January, 2021
- Great experienceBuying HDFC ERGO comprehensive car insurance policy for my Maruti Alto K10 on insurancedekho.com has been a great experi...Hdfc ErgoBy Supratim Bhattacharya On:4th January, 2021
- One click car insuranceExcellent service, prompt response and attractive premium quotes. On the spot policy issuance by soft copy. User-friendl...Bajaj AllianzBy Venkatesh Pazhayannur ParasuramanOn:26th December, 2020
- Ease and fast serviceTaken my car insurance from InsuranceDekho portal. I got good experience at swift pace without any hassle. No hidden cos...Hdfc ErgoBy ANKUSH LAWANDEOn:19th December, 2020
- Reliable websiteInsuranceDekho is a reliable website for all insurance-related needs. The Raheja QBE car policy issuance for my Maruti A...Raheja QbeBy Sayantan Deb On:17th November, 2020
- Insurance purchase became more convinientThe InsuranceDekho team made the insurance purchase process easier for me. They offered me the best price in comparison ...Liberty General Insurance Company LimitedBy SUKAMAL BERAOn:7th November, 2020
- Seamless payment optionsI received great assistance from InsuranceDekho while renewing my Liberty insurance policy for my Maruti Alto K10. I cou...LibertyBy Selim Khanna On:2nd November, 2020
- Easy process and helpful staffI am very thankful to the executive for his excellent guidance and help in choosing car insurance for me. Thanks again t...DigitBy HARISH CHANDEROn:13th October, 2020
Car Insurance News
- How To Take Care Of Your Car In Summers?
This article mentions tips about taking care of your car dur...11 April 2021
- Latest Rules And Fines For Cars In Case of Traffic...
This article mentions the latest rules and fines for traffic...11 April 2021
- Reasons To Cancel RC After Scrapping An Insured Ca...
This article mentions the reasons behind cancelling the regi...10 April 2021
- Important Document Required For Car Insurance Clai...
This article mentions the important documents required for f...10 April 2021
- Steps To Make A Car Insurance Claim After An Accid...
This article mentions the step by which an individual can fi...09 April 2021
- Top Secrets About Car Insurance That You Should Kn...
Know top secrets about car insurance that may be unknown to ...23 March 2021
- Benefits of Engine Protection Cover in Car Insuran...
Engine protection is an important add-on cover under a car i...31 March 2021
- Simple Steps to Renew Your Car Insurance Policy On...
Read this post to learn about simple steps to renew your car...18 March 2021
- Tips to Make Your Car Insurance the Top Deal Ever
Trying to choose the best car insurance plan for you? Here a...24 March 2021
- How to Switch A Car Insurance Company?
Here is the complete guide as to how to switch a car insuran...28 March 2021
Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 Car Insurance FAQs
What is the Best Car Insurance Plan for My Maruti Alto K10?
The car insurance that is best suited for your Alto K10 depends on your needs and price point. The easiest way to find the right policy for you is to purchase your policy online. With a few clicks, you can compare different car insurance companies, the quotes they offer and their network cashless garages. Checking the claim settlement ratio is a good indicator of the insurance companies’ reputation.
Will Car Insurance Pay for My Alto K10’s Windshield if it is Shattered in an Accident?
Your insurance provider will compensate for the damages to your car in case of a mishap only if you have a standalone own damage cover or a comprehensive plan. Moreover, if the mishap occurred due to a case of illegal driving the insurance company will not cover the costs.
Does My Second Hand Alto K10 Require Car Insurance?
Yes, every car driving on Indian roads must have at least a third party insurance. If caught without it you can be fined Rs. 2,000 and/or be imprisoned for up to 3 months. However, it is also advised that you purchase an own damage cover for your car as well.
What are the Factors that Affect My Alto K10’s Insurance Price?
The insurance premium amount is decided by the Insured Declared Value or IDv that factors in the selling price of the car, the age of the car and its depreciation rate. The older your car the lower the IDV and the premium amount.
How to Claim Insurance for My Alto K10?
To file for an insurance claim for your Alto K10 first file an FIR at the nearest police station, (in case of an accident). Inform the insurance provider of the situation and they will tell you the documents you require for the process. Fill in the claim form and submit it with the copies of the required documents. The insurance provider will send a surveyor to check your vehicle and he/she will file a report. Once this is approved the claim amount will be issued. You can then either take your car to a network garage or to a separate workshop of your choice and get the reimbursement later.
What is NCB in Car Insurance for My Alto K10?
The NCB is a reward given to customers by the insurance providers for a claim-free year and is cumulative in nature, reaching 50% in the fifth claim-free year. However, this feature is only available with own-damage covers.
What is Zero Depreciation Cover in Car Insurance for My Alto K10?
The Zero Depreciation Cover is an add-on cover that you can purchase with a comprehensive plan or a standalone own damage cover. It negates the depreciation rate of the car when calculating the claim amount. This makes the amount significantly higher. However, this add-on is only available for cars less than 5 years old and it can be used a limited number of times within a year.
How is IDV Calculated for My Alto K10 in Car Insurance?
The IDV of a car is it’s manufacturer’s selling price minus the depreciation rate of the car based on its age.
How to Renew the Car Insurance Policy for my Alto K10?
You can renew your car insurance policy online By following these steps:
- Step 1: Visit the Website InsuranceDekho and select the ‘car insurance’ tab.
- Step 2: Enter the car’s registration number or other mentioned details if you don’t have them Next enter the car’s fuel type and variant.
- Step 3: Enter your personal details, previous policy’s expiry date, name of the insurance provider and claim details if any.
- Step 4: The insurance quotes available in your category will be visible on the screen. Select the one that suits your needs best and get add-ons if you want to.
- Step 5: Pay for the policy and the policy document will be sent to your registered email ID shortly.
*Standard T&C Apply. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers, which are subject to modification .For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure of respective insurers carefully before concluding a sale. Tax benefits are subject to changes in applicable tax laws. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, (CIN: U66010RJ2016PTC054811, Regd .Off: Girnar 21, Govind Marg, Moti Doongari Road, Dharam Singh Circle, Jaipur, Rajasthan- 302004; Corp. Off: 11th Floor, Tower B, Emaar Digital Greens, Golf Course Extension Road, Sector-61, Gurugram-122102, Haryana. IRDAI License no 588. Direct Broker (Life & General) valid till 19th March 2023. Email - email@example.com ; Helpline number: 7551196989.
You authorise Girnar Insurance Brokers Pvt Ltd (insurancedekho) to contact you through call, SMS, email, WhatsApp or any other mode in future. You hereby override your NDNC registration.