Which car do you drive?
How to Buy Insurance for Toyota Fortuner via InsuranceDekho
Toyota Fortuner Summary
Toyota Fortuner is a robust and premium SUV. It is designed to rule the streets with its style and performance. This 7 seater macho-car is equipped with manual and automatic transmission, which runs on petrol as well as diesel. Its engine capacity ranges up to 2,755 cc and brags to deliver a mileage of 15.04 kmpl. The SUV comes in 6 variants and 7 colours and is armed with various security features, which include brake assist, central locking, anti-lock braking system, 7 airbags for driver and passengers, crash sensor, engine check warning, anti-theft device etc. It can be concluded as a strong vehicle for safe journeys.
Toyota Fortuner Car Insurance
According to the Indian Motor Tariff, you need to own a minimum third party (liability only) car insurance policy in the country. It is designed to assist you with the financial liabilities towards a third party due to an accident of your car. Driving your car without at least a third party car insurance policy can get you penalised with a fine of Rs. 2,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 3 months.
Types of Insurance Cover
1. Third Party Cover
Third party insurance is a compulsory cover to own. It shields you from paying for the expenses incurred by the third party in the occurrence of bodily injury, death or property damage due to an accident involving your car. The coverage for the expenses of property damage is limited to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
2. Standalone Own-Damage Cover
This is a car insurance policy designed to compensate for the financial expenses incurred by you due to any damage or loss incurred to your own car in a mishap.
3. Comprehensive Cover
This is a comprehensive insurance policy that includes compensation for the expenses incurred towards a third party as well as for own-damages due to an accident or an unfortunate incident involving your car.
How to Buy Insurance for Toyota Fortuner from InsuranceDekho
Visiting insurancedekho.com can get you the car insurance related solutions. Follow the given steps to purchase a car insurance cover for your Toyota Fortuner:
Step 1: Visit InsuranceDekho’s official website, i.e., www.insurancedekho.com
Step 2: Enter your car number in the “get your quote” section. If you don't have the car number, just enter some details like car brand, car model, fuel type, a variant of the car, registration year, registration place, etc., to proceed further.
Step 3: Enter your name and mobile number to get the car insurance quotes
Step 4: Choose a quote for car insurance plan as per your budget and requirements
Step 5: Make the payment for the policy and get its document through email.
Toyota Fortuner Variants
|Variant Name||Fuel Type||Ex-showroom Price|
|Toyota Fortuner 2.8 2WD MT BSIV||Diesel||₹3,019,000.00|
|Toyota Fortuner 2.8 4WD MT||Diesel||₹3,216,000.00|
|Toyota Fortuner 2.7 2WD AT BSIV||Petrol||₹2,977,000.00|
|Toyota Fortuner 2.8 2WD AT BSIV||Diesel||₹3,205,000.00|
|Toyota Fortuner 2.8 AT Celebratory Edition||Diesel||₹3,420,000.00|
|Toyota Fortuner 2.7 2WD MT BSIV||Petrol||₹2,818,000.00|
|Toyota Fortuner 2.8 4WD AT BSIV||Diesel||₹3,395,000.00|
|Toyota Fortuner 2.8 2WD AT||Diesel||₹3,205,000.00|
|Toyota Fortuner 2.7 2WD AT||Petrol||₹2,977,000.00|
|Toyota Fortuner 2.8 2WD MT||Diesel||₹3,019,000.00|
|Toyota Fortuner 2.8 4WD MT BSIV||Diesel||₹3,216,000.00|
|Toyota Fortuner 2.7 2WD MT||Petrol||₹2,818,000.00|
|Toyota Fortuner 2.8 4WD AT||Diesel||₹3,395,000.00|
|Toyota Fortuner New||Diesel||NA|
|Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo 2.8 2WD AT||Diesel||₹3,101,500.00|
Add-ons For Your Toyota Fortuner Car Insurance
A car's value depreciates constantly with time. Thus, at the time of a claim settlement, the depreciated value of a car is deducted from the claim amount. However, by opting for a zero depreciation add-on you can shift the liability of the depreciation cost to the insurer and get the entire claim amount without any deduction of the depreciation sum. This add-on is generally available till the age of 5 years of car, however, the car age limit varies from insurer to insurer.
A No Claim Bonus (NCB) is a discount given by the insurer in the premium amount to a car insurance policy holder for not making a claim in the entire tenure of the motor insurance policy. This discount is not available if the policy holder has made even a single claim. However, with the NCB cover, a policyholder will be entitled to receive an NCB discount despite having made a claim subject terms and conditions of insurance company. The NCB discount keeps on increasing with every claim-free year until it reaches 50%.
A car's engine is by default not covered under either a comprehensive or a standalone own-damage car insurance policy. And therefore, if it gets damaged due water-logging or oil leakage, your insurance company is not liable to pay for its damages. But, if you opt for the add-on known as Engine Cover, you can get your car's engine insured by the insurer for damages incurred due to water ingression as well as leakage of lubricants. Engine Cover is one of the most popular car insurance add-ons and is available against the payment of a nominal premium.
If you have a return to invoice cover added on to your comprehensive car insurance policy, you can claim the total ex-showroom price of your car, taxes and registration charges, in case of total loss. In case of total constructive loss (more than 70% of damage) or theft of your car, an insurance company pays the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your car as compensation. However, this IDV is lesser than the actual amount paid by you at the time of purchasing your car. When you opt for the add-on called Return To Invoice Cover with your car insurance policy, the insurance company pays the total ex-showroom price of your car plus the taxes and registration charges incurred at the time of purchase, as the claim amount in case of total loss.
Check Insurance Quotes of Similar Cars
- View Ford Endeavour Insurance Quotes →
- View Mahindra Alturas G4 Insurance Quotes →
- View MG Hector Insurance Quotes →
Find Right Quotes for Cars by Body Type
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Elite i20 Insurance Quotes →
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes →
- View Renault KWID Insurance Quotes →
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Quotes →
- View New Skoda Rapid Insurance Quotes →
- View Kia Seltos Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes →
- View Tata Harrier Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Venue Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Vitara Brezza Insurance Quotes →
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes →
- View Mahindra Marazzo Insurance Quotes →
- View Datsun GO Plus Insurance Quotes →
- View Land Rover Range Rover Insurance Quotes →
- View BMW 5 Series Insurance Quotes →
- View Land Rover Range Rover Velar Insurance Quotes →
- View Audi A6 Insurance Quotes →
- View BMW 3 Series Insurance Quotes →
- View Audi Q8 Insurance Quotes →
Toyota Fortuner Car Insurance User Reviews9 Reviews
- When I contacted the team at InsuranceDekho to buy Edelweiss car insurance policy for my Toyota Fortuner car, I made the payment online in a hassle free way via a secured payment gateway.Deepak RaghuvanshiEdelweiss10th July, 2020
- It was not only easy to buy Universal Sompo car insurance policy for my Toyota Fortuner car, but also to renew it. The team at InsuranceDekho helped me in the process.Naresh GuptaUniversal Sompo10th July, 2020
- I bought a Future Generali car insurance policy from InsuranceDekho last week for my Toyota Fortuner car. I purchased it online by following a few easy steps. The team helped me a lot.Drishya Bhatia Future Generali8th July, 2020
- InsuranceDekho has a knowledgeable team of customer care executives who always suggest the best to the customers. They suggested a TATA AIG car insurance policy and I bought it for my Toyota Fortuner. It has many benefits.Madhav SinghaniaTata Aig8th July, 2020
- When I purchased a Digit car insurance policy for my Toyota Fortuner car from InsuranceDekho, they provided me all the documents via mail in a few days. I faced no problem.Mohan DasDigit6th July, 2020
- The team at InsuranceDekho is really helpful. They suggested a Bajaj Allianz car insurance policy for my Toyota Fortuner car and I must say that it was the right choice for me.Suresh GuptaBajaj Allianz29th June, 2020
- I recently contacted InsuranceDekho to get HDFC Ergo insurance for my Toyota Fortuner car. The team was really supportive and I had a smooth buying experience.Simran GroverHdfc Ergo25th June, 2020
- I am really satisfied with the customer services that the team at InsuranceDekho offers. I recently purchased Kotak general car insurance policy from them for my Toyota Fortuner car and I like my plan.Abhishek VaishKotak23rd June, 2020
- Your executive was very excellent.SANJAYA MOHANTYToyota Fortuner, PatnaIFFCO Tokio25th July, 2019
Latest Car Insurance News
- Read More →
- Read More →
Toyota Fortuner FAQ's
Which insurer has the best claim settlement ratio for Toyota Fortuner cars
Bharti AXA General Insurance, Acko General Insurance, and ICICI Lombard General Insurance are among the car insurers with great claim settlement ratio for Toyota Fortuner cars.
From where can I purchase insurance for my Toyota Fortuner car
You can compare car insurance policies offered by all the top-rated insurers in India for Toyota Fortuner at InsuranceDekho and choose the plan which best suits your needs. With InsuranceDekho, you can purchase an insurance policy in just 5 minutes
Which are the insurance add-ons for Toyota Fortuner cars
The most opted insurance add-ons with Toyota Fortuner cars include RSA (Road Side Assistance) cover, zero depreciation add-on, NCB (No Claim Bonus) cover and engine cover among others.
What all documents do I need to get my Toyota Fortuner car insurance renewed?
You can get your Toyota Fortuner car insurance policy renewed paperlessly with InsuranceDekho. You just need to have the following details with you:
1 Previous Year Policy Number
2 Previous Year Policy Expiry Date
3 Vehicle Registration Number
*Standard T&C Apply. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure of respective insurers carefully before concluding a sale. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, 4th Floor, Tower B, Emaar Digital Greens, Golf Course Extension Road, Sector-61, Gurugram-122102, Haryana. IRDAI License no 588. Direct Broker (General Insurance) valid till 19th March 2023. Email -firstname.lastname@example.org.