Which car do you drive?
How to Buy Insurance for Tata Tigor Insurance via InsuranceDekho
Tata Tigor Summary
Tata Tigor is a classic sedan that never goes out of fashion. It is one of the most attractive models of Tata with impactful design, comprehensive safety and dynamic performance. Its engine capacity ranges up to 1199 cc which enables it to deliver a mileage of up to 20.3 kmpl on petrol. The car has a seating capacity of 5 people and runs on manual as well as automatic transmissions. The Tigor is available in 6 variants and 5 different colours, which is armed with several safety features such as anti-lock braking system, central locking, power door locks, child safety locks, airbags for driver and passenger, engine immobilizer, crash sensor, engine check warning, anti-theft device and so on.
Tata Tigor Car Insurance
According to the Indian Motor Tariff, you should at least own a third party insurance cover. This is meant to offer compensation for your financial expenses that may incur towards a third party due to an accident or a mishap with your car. To drive without owning this insurance cover is illegal and can get you penalised with a fine of Rs. 2,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 3 months.
Types of Insurance Cover
1. Third Party Cover
This insurance coverage is compulsory to own in our country. It is the most basic policy of all the car insurance policies. It offers coverage to secure you from the financial liabilities that you may incur towards a third party for their injuries, death along with property damages in an accident with your car. The compensation for third party property damage can go up to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
2. Standalone Own-Damage Cover
It is an insurance cover that offers compensation for you against any damage or loss incurred by your car in an accident or a mishap.
3. Comprehensive Cover
It is a complete insurance package that shields you from the financial liabilities that makes you pay to a third party for damages incurred by their vehicle due to the involvement of your car. In addition to this, it also compensates for the expenses sustained by your own car due to an accident or any unfortunate incident.
How to Buy Insurance for Tata Tigor from InsuranceDekho
Visiting the website of InsuranceDekho can get you all the insurance-related solutions for your car. Follow the steps below to buy an insurance cover for your Tata Tigor car:
Step 1: Visit the website of InsuranceDekho, i.e., www.insurancedekho.com
Step 2: Fill the number of your car in the “get your quote” section. In case you do not have the car number, then you can also enter details like car brand, car model, fuel type, car variant, registration year, registration location, etc., to move ahead.
Step 3: Fill your name and mobile number to get the insurance quotes
Step 4: Choose an insurance quote as per your budget and requirements
Step 5: Pay for the chosen insurance plan. You will get the policy document directly in your inbox.
Tata Tigor Variants
|Variant Name||Fuel Type||Ex-showroom Price|
|Tata Tigor XMA AMT||Petrol||₹660,000.00|
|Tata Tigor XZ Plus||Petrol||₹699,000.00|
|Tata Tigor XE||Petrol||₹575,000.00|
|Tata Tigor XZ||Petrol||₹650,000.00|
|Tata Tigor XZA Plus AMT||Petrol||₹749,000.00|
|Tata Tigor XM||Petrol||₹610,000.00|
Add-ons For Your Tata Tigor Car Insurance
A car's value depreciates constantly with time. Thus, at the time of a claim settlement, the depreciated value of a car is deducted from the claim amount. However, by opting for a zero depreciation add-on you can shift the liability of the depreciation cost to the insurer and get the entire claim amount without any deduction of the depreciation sum. This add-on is generally available till the age of 5 years of car, however, the car age limit varies from insurer to insurer.
A No Claim Bonus (NCB) is a discount given by the insurer in the premium amount to a car insurance policy holder for not making a claim in the entire tenure of the motor insurance policy. This discount is not available if the policy holder has made even a single claim. However, with the NCB cover, a policyholder will be entitled to receive an NCB discount despite having made a claim subject terms and conditions of insurance company. The NCB discount keeps on increasing with every claim-free year until it reaches 50%.
A car's engine is by default not covered under either a comprehensive or a standalone own-damage car insurance policy. And therefore, if it gets damaged due water-logging or oil leakage, your insurance company is not liable to pay for its damages. But, if you opt for the add-on known as Engine Cover, you can get your car's engine insured by the insurer for damages incurred due to water ingression as well as leakage of lubricants. Engine Cover is one of the most popular car insurance add-ons and is available against the payment of a nominal premium.
If you have a return to invoice cover added on to your comprehensive car insurance policy, you can claim the total ex-showroom price of your car, taxes and registration charges, in case of total loss. In case of total constructive loss (more than 70% of damage) or theft of your car, an insurance company pays the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your car as compensation. However, this IDV is lesser than the actual amount paid by you at the time of purchasing your car. When you opt for the add-on called Return To Invoice Cover with your car insurance policy, the insurance company pays the total ex-showroom price of your car plus the taxes and registration charges incurred at the time of purchase, as the claim amount in case of total loss.
Check Insurance Quotes of Similar Cars
Find Right Quotes for Cars by Body Type
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Elite i20 Insurance Quotes →
- View Renault KWID Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes →
- View New Skoda Rapid Insurance Quotes →
- View Kia Seltos Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes →
- View Tata Harrier Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyundai Venue Insurance Quotes →
- View Mahindra Scorpio Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Vitara Brezza Insurance Quotes →
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes →
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes →
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes →
- View Mahindra Marazzo Insurance Quotes →
- View Datsun GO Plus Insurance Quotes →
- View Land Rover Range Rover Insurance Quotes →
- View BMW 5 Series Insurance Quotes →
- View Land Rover Range Rover Velar Insurance Quotes →
- View Audi A6 Insurance Quotes →
- View BMW 3 Series Insurance Quotes →
- View Audi Q8 Insurance Quotes →
Tata Tigor Car Insurance User Reviews4 Reviews
- The customer support team at InsuranceDekho is very professional. It has professionals with experience and qualification who assisted me to purchase a Kotak Insurance Plan to secure my Tata Tigor car.Avinash KapoorKotak4th June, 2020
- The support team at InsuranceDekho is highly professional. It has members with experience and qualification who assisted me a lot to avail National Insurance and to secure Tata Tigor EV car.Avinash DixitNational3rd June, 2020
- Universal Sompo helped me renew my car insurance plan in just a few minutes through an online process only. I have got its plan for my Tata Tigor EV car.Kedar SharmaUniversal Sompo26th May, 2020
- The support team at United India is very professional. It has members with experience and qualification who assisted me a lot to secure a Tata Tigor car.Avinash ChaudharyUnited India21st May, 2020
Latest Car Insurance News
- Read More →
- Read More →
Tata Tigor FAQ's
Which insurer has the best claim settlement ratio for Tata Tigor cars
Bharti AXA General Insurance, Acko General Insurance, and ICICI Lombard General Insurance are among the car insurers with great claim settlement ratio for Tata Tigor cars.
From where can I purchase insurance for my Tata Tigor car
You can compare car insurance policies offered by all the top-rated insurers in India for Tata Tigor at InsuranceDekho and choose the plan which best suits your needs. With InsuranceDekho, you can purchase an insurance policy in just 5 minutes
Which are the insurance add-ons for Tata Tigor cars
The most opted insurance add-ons with Tata Tigor cars include RSA (Road Side Assistance) cover, zero depreciation add-on, NCB (No Claim Bonus) cover and engine cover among others.
What all documents do I need to get my Tata Tigor car insurance renewed?
You can get your Tata Tigor car insurance policy renewed paperlessly with InsuranceDekho. You just need to have the following details with you:
1 Previous Year Policy Number
2 Previous Year Policy Expiry Date
3 Vehicle Registration Number
*Standard T&C Apply. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure of respective insurers carefully before concluding a sale. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, 4th Floor, Tower B, Emaar Digital Greens, Golf Course Extension Road, Sector-61, Gurugram-122102, Haryana. IRDAI License no 588. Direct Broker (General Insurance) valid till 19th March 2023. Email -firstname.lastname@example.org.