#KnowYourInsuranceCompany: HDFC Ergo General Insurance
Published On Sep 27, 2019 5:30 AM By InsuranceDekho
Here is everything you need to know about car insurance policies offered by HDFC Ergo General Insurance.
HDFC Ergo General Insurance is a joint venture between HDFC Ltd. and ERGO International AG. Established in 2002, the company has successfully affirmed its presence in over 100 Indian cities and is catering to customers needs through more than 150 branches. The company sells a range of general insurance products including car insurance policies. HDFC Ergo General Insurance has a network of over 6,800 cashless garages at its disposal which offer priority-based cashless claim settlement services.
Car Insurance Policies Offered By HDFC Ergo General Insurance
HDFC Ergo General Insurance offers three types of car insurance policies, namely:
- HDFC Ergo Third Party Liability Only Insurance Policy
- HDFC Ergo Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
- HDFC Ergo Standalone Own Damage Cover
HDFC Ergo Third Party Liability Only Insurance Policy
It is likely that your car can cause damage to a third party in a road mishap, which makes you liable to compensate for the losses incurred by the third party. You can get yourself insured against all the third party liabilities with the HDFC Ergo Third Party Liability Insurance Policy. The coverage includes:
Third Party Loss/Damage
Compensation Liability Borne By Insurance Company
Bodily injury/loss of one limb or one eye sight
Loss of both the limbs or both eye sights
Third party property damage
Up to Rs. 7.5 lakh
Moreover, HDFC Ergo offers a personal accident cover of up to Rs. 15 lakh and Rs. 2 lakh for the policyholder and hired driver/co-passengers respectively.
HDFC Ergo Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
Since an accident can also result in own damages of the insured’s car besides losses third party life and property liability, it is important to have a comprehensive protection cover for your car. HDFC Ergo Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy offers a wider coverage to a policyholder than a third party liability only cover which include the following:
- Bodily injuries/death of a third party. In such cases, the insurance company bears limited/unlimited liability for compensation.
- Damages caused to the insured’s car in a road mishap or due to a natural or man-made calamity.
- Theft of the insured’s car.
- Damages incurred by the insured’s car in fire/explosion.
HDFC Ergo Standalone Own Damage Cover
A policyholder can also choose to get insurance only for the damages sustained to the insured’s car in a road accident or any other mishap with the HDFC Ergo Standalone Own Damage Cover.
HDFC Ergo Car Insurance Add-on Covers
HDFC Ergo General Insurance offers a number of add-on covers with its comprehensive car insurance policy and the standalone own-damage policy which enhance the coverage of the chosen plan.
- Zero Depreciation Claim: The claims made with this add-on cover will make the insurance company bear the depreciation cost of the insured’s car instead of the policyholder.
- Engine & Gearbox Protector: This add-on cover allows the policyholder to claim compensation for the damages incurred for the engine and gearbox of the insured’s car due to water ingress or oil spillage.
- No Claim Bonus Protection: This add-on cover retains the NCB discount even after a claim is filed in the policy tenure.
- Cost of Consumable Items: The insurance company will pay for the loss/damage of consumable items of the car such as engine oil, lubricants, etc.
- Return to Invoice: In case of total loss/constructive total loss, the policyholder will get full invoice price of the car irrespective of the IDV.
- Emergency Assistance: With this add-on cover, the policyholder can request assistance services in the case of breakdown of the car.
- Key Replacement Cover: The insurance company will reimburse the cost of procuring a new key if the original one gets damaged/lost.
Exclusive Benefits of HDFC Ergo Car Insurance
HDFC Ergo General Insurance offers the following exclusive benefits to its policyholders:
- It features one of the widest networks of authorised garages in India. It has more than 6,800 cashless garages in the country.
- It offers overnight car repair services to its policyholders.
- It registers a claim instantly within 30 minutes.
For further reading:
#KnowYourInsuranceCompany: TATA AIG General Insurance
#KnowYourInsuranceComapny: Baja Allianz General Insurance
Disclaimer: This article is issued in general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.