#KnowYourInsuranceComapny: Baja Allianz General Insurance
Published On Sep 27, 2019, Updated On Jan 08, 2021
This article aims to answer all your questions related to Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance is one of the top-ranked and financially robust general insurance companies of India which has been in the industry since 2001. The company registered an impressive claim settlement ratio of 91.46% for own-damage car insurance policies in the financial year 2017-18. It provides round-the-clock roadside assistance and has over 4,000 cashless garages in India in its network which help it expedite cashless claims.
Types of Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance
Bajaj Allianz offers the following two types of car insurance policies for private cars in India:
- Bajaj Allianz Private Car Liability Only Policy
- Bajaj Allianz Private Car Package Policy
Let’s see what events and incidents fall under the coverage of these Bajaj Allianz car insurance policies.
Bajaj Allianz Private Car Liability Only Policy
Bajaj Allianz private car liability only policy is a third party liability only car insurance policy which insures a policyholder against all the third party liabilities arising from an event involving the insured’s car. A third party is any individual walking on the road or riding or travelling in a vehicle other than the insured’s car. The Bajaj Allianz third party liability policy offers coverage against any financial liabilities arising from all third party liabilities. Given below are the events which are covered under Bajaj Allianz private car liability-only policy.
- Bodily injury caused to a third party. The insurance company will provide limited/unlimited indemnification compensation in such a case, depending on the nature and extent of injuries suffered by the third party.
- Death of a third party. Bajaj Allianz offers unlimited coverage in case of the death of a third party. The amount of compensation is decided by a court of law.
- Third party property damage of up to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
- Expenses incurred during court trial proceeding(s).
Bajaj Allianz Private Car Package Policy
The Bajaj Allianz private car package policy is a comprehensive car insurance cover that insures the policyholder against third party liabilities as well as the damages suffered by the insured’s car in any events like road accidents, natural/man-made calamities, theft, fire, etc. It is thus a wholesome insurance policy for cars. The following is its coverage in detail:
- Bodily injuries/death of a third party.
- Third party property damage up to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
- Loss/damage sustained by the insured’s car in a road accident/mishap.
- Loss/damage sustained by the insured’s car due to natural or manmade calamities such as civil riots, flood, fire, etc.
- Theft of the insured’s car.
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Add-ons
To enhance the safety and coverage of the insured’s car, Bajaj Allianz General Insurance offers a number of add-on covers. These add-ons are available for purchase only with the Bajaj Allianz private car package policy,
- Depreciation shield: This add-on cover exempts you from bearing the cost of depreciation and as a result, you enjoy higher claim amounts.
- Engine protector: Having this add-on cover will allow you to claim indemnification for damages sustained by your car’s engine due to water ingression, oil spillage, etc.
- Consumable expenses: With the consumable expenses add-on cover, you can claim compensation for damage/loss of consumable items such as nuts, bolts, screws, washers, brake oil, engine oil, gearbox, etc.
- Conveyance benefit: This add-on cover will make the insurance company liable to pay a certain daily cash allowance in case your claim has been registered and the car is out for repairs.
- Key and lock replacement: With this add-on cover, you can claim reimbursement for the expenses incurred in getting a new key/lock in case the original one gets lost/damaged.
- Personal baggage: This add-on cover helps you to get compensation for loss of personal baggage kept in your car.
- 24*7 spot assistance: Whether it is a case of flat tyres, oil shortage or breakdown of the car, this add-on cover will allow you to get assistance anytime and anywhere in India.
Bajaj Allianz Personal Accident Cover
Apart from the different types of car insurance policies, Bajaj Allianz also offers a personal accident cover of up to Rs. 15 lakh for the policyholder and an extended personal accident cover for co-passengers of the insured’s car. The car insurance company also offers a legal liability cover of up to Rs. 2 lakh for hired drivers against extra premiums. All these covers are available for purchase with all types of Bajaj Allianz car insurance policies.
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Benefits
- 24*7 active and responsive spot assistance
- Availability of a number of add-on covers to widen the coverage of your policy
- No Claim Bonus (NCB) Discount on claim-free years
- Over 4,000 network garages located across India for quick and convenient cashless claim settlements
For further reading:
Disclaimer: This article is issued in general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.