How To Purchase A Car Insurance Plan From HDFC ERGO General Insurance?
Updated On Oct 16, 2023
Read this article to find out how you can purchase car insurance from HDFC ERGO
Table of Contents
Purchasing a car insurance policy can be a time taking process. It is vital to consider multiple aspects of the policy before purchasing the plan. With the increase in the number of vehicles on the road, accidents have become unpredictable and regular. Thus, purchasing car insurance that provides you with the required coverage is imperative. If you have decided to purchase your car insurance from HDFC ERGO General Insurance, you can follow the steps mentioned in the article.
How To Buy A Car Insurance Plan From HDFC ERGO General Insurance?
HDFC ERGO General Insurance has enabled its facilities online. This means that you can purchase, renew and claim your car insurance online without any hassle from the comfort of your residence. The following are the steps that you can follow to purchase your car insurance plan from HDFC ERGO General Insurance -
1. Visit the official website of HDFC ERGO General Insurance.
2. On the website, click on motor insurance and select car insurance as the sub-category.
3. The screen will then show you two options. You can either enter your car’s registration number and proceed to select your insurance policy or you can proceed without providing the car’s registration number.
4. If you proceed without providing the car’s registration number, you will have to select your car’s manufacturing brand.
5. The page will then take you to consecutive pages which will ask for you to select your car’s model and series.
6. After selecting the above-mentioned details, you will be required to select the details regarding your car’s engine.
7. The page will then lead you to select the year of registration of your car. This will determine the age of your car.
9. After you pick the policy, you will be taken to a page that will ask you to provide the details of your previous car insurance policy if you have had one.
10. You can then select the additional covers for your standard insurance policy and confirm.
11. The insurance company will let you know if your vehicle needs to be inspected and then proceed with the application.
12. You can do the inspection process using their self-inspection tools which makes the application quicker.
13. You will then have to proceed with paying the insurance premium which can also be done online.
14. You will receive your policy documents online at your registered mail address.
You may also like to read:- How To Compare Car Insurance Quotes Online?
Why Should You Buy HDFC Ergo Car Insurance Plans?
It is very important to compare different policies and insurance companies before finalizing one car insurance plan. If you are looking for the facilities that make HDFC ERGO General Insurance a decent choice, read the following points -
Wide Network of Cashless Garages
Network garages are an important part of insurance companies. If a company has a broader network with garages, it makes it more convenient for policyholders to repair their car in the nearest garage. HDFC ERGO has over 8000 network garages enabling seamless cashless facility.
Variety of Options For Policy Terms
It is important to consider the duration of your car insurance policy at the time of purchase. Most insurance companies offer both short term and long term car insurance plans. HDFC ERGO General Insurance offers options between a one-year comprehensive policy, standalone own damage, third party insurance as well as a custom cover for brand new cars.
High Claim Settlement Ratio
Claim Settlement Ratio (CSR) refers to the potential of an insurance company to settle the insurance claims in a financial year. HDFC ERGO has got an impressively high CSR of 91.23% in the financial year 2019-20. It means buying a car insurance plan from this insurer will help you get your claims settled quickly and easily.
With the development of technology, purchasing car insurance has become hassle-free. You can purchase your car insurance from the comfort of your residence online. Make sure to follow the steps carefully to successfully purchase your car insurance plan from HDFC ERGO seamlessly.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.