Claim Settlement of Max Bupa Health Insurance
Max Bupa Health Insurance is a renowned health insurance company, committed to providing smooth health claim processes. With a large number of network hospitals across the country, the insurer settles the claim as per the policy terms and conditions. As one of the most trustworthy health insurers in India, Max Bupa is recognised for its cashless claim pre-authorisation in 30 minutes and settling claims directly without the need of a third party. You can get all your health insurance claims settled by either opting for the cashless facility or the reimbursement option.
Claim Process for Cashless Treatment
Cashless claims can be filed only at network hospitals of Max Bupa. Generally, Max Bupa covers 4,000+ network hospitals in the country. Here are step-by-step guides to filing a cashless claim:
- First of all, find a Max Bupa network hospital in a city where you want to get cashless treatment
- Intimate Max Bupa within 24 hours in emergency hospitalisation and 48 hours before admission in case of planned hospitalisation.
- While visiting the hospital, carry your Max Bupa Health Card/Policy number and one photo ID proof.
- Fill the pre-authorisation request form available at the hospital and submit it to the hospital.
- After your identity is checked, the hospital submits the pre-authorisation request form to Max Bupa.
- Once Max Bupa reviews the documents, it confirms with the hospital and policyholder about the claim status within 30 minutes.
- Max Bupa settles the claim (as per the terms & conditions of the policy) with the hospital once all the formalities are complete.
Reimbursement claims can be filed in case you have got treatment at a network or non-network hospital. The step-by-step guides of reimbursement claim process are as follow:
- Whether you choose a network hospital or a non-network hospital, notify Max Bupa within 24 hours (emergency hospitalisation) and 48 hours (planned hospitalisation).
- Send discharge documents, invoices, medical reports along with the completely filled and signed claim form
- Also provide Max Bupa with valid photo ID proof, and age proof
- After reviewing the claim request, Max Bupa will either approve, query, or reject your claim on the basis of policy terms and conditions.
- Max Bupa settles the claim (as per policy terms and conditions) and reimburses the amount approved.
Here is a list of documents required for filing a reimbursement claim.
- Original investigation reports
- Final hospital discharge summary
- FIR or post-mortem report if happened
- Pharmacy bills along with the prescription
- Original bills, receipts, and discharge report
- Indoor case papers and duly-filled claim form
- Original hospital bills and a valid photo ID proof
- Treating doctor's report, and original consultation notes
- Nature of operation performed and surgeon's bill and receipt
- Test reports along with attending doctor’s or surgeon’s report
In case of a claim for accidental death, claim form other than the original death certificate, FIR copy, proposer’s income proof, copy of Medico-Legal Certificate, employer’s certificate, last 3 month’s salary slip, and audited accounts should be submitted.
Have a doubt in mind? In case of any query, you can initiate contact with InsuranceDekho at 1800-1205-698.
Incurred Claim Ratio (ICR) of Max Bupa Health Insurance
The Incurred Claim Ratio (ICR) is a reliable way to make sure how dependable an insurance company is. ICR reveals the pace of claim procedure and the productivity of the insurance firm in terms of revenue. The ICR of Max Bupa is 54%.
Latest Max Bupa Health Insurance News
- Health Insurance Companies Cannot Reject Claims Af...
As per the fresh set of guidelines issued by IRDAI, health i...16 June 2020
- Insurance Companies To Offer COVID-19 Specific Ins...
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India ...06 June 2020
- Krishnan Ramachandran Joins Max Bupa as MD & CEO
Max Bupa has recently appointed Krishnan Ramachandran as it...06 May 2020
- Group Health Cover for Friends? Now Possible!
Get ready to secure your health along with your friends with...29 January 2020
- Max Bupa Launches New Product in Health Insurance
Max Bupa, one of India’s leading standalone health insurance...26 December 2019
- Max India Share Rose by 8% on IRDAI's Approval for...
Shares of Max India have increased by 8% on BSE after IRDAI’...07 December 2019
- Max India to Sell Its 51% Stake in Max Bupa, but P...
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India ...06 December 2019
- Less Health Insurance Premiums for Those Keeping T...
If you are not conscious of preventive healthcare, then you ...26 November 2019
- Private Hospitals Annoyed Over Unpaid Dues, Threat...
The association of private hospitals is threatening to stop ...26 November 2019
- Top 6 Things to Consider While Buying Health Insur...
Buying the right health insurance is as important as having ...06 November 2019
- Millennials Rewrite Health Insurance Rules in Indi...
With millennials giving rise to sharing of economy, they are...01 November 2019
- Artificial Intelligence To Keep You Fit
Many organisations are leveraging AI-based technologies to i...15 October 2019
- Many Health Insurance Companies Fail to Offer Ment...
As per the Mental Healthcare Act passed by the government in...07 October 2019
- Max Bupa, Indian Bank Tie-Up for Bancassurance to ...
Max Bupa has announced bancassurance agreement with Indian B...04 October 2019
- Health ATM - A Paradigm Shift in Healthcare
With the shift in healthcare from diagnostics to screening, ...01 October 2019
- Healthcare Services Upgraded for Tier 2 and Tier 3...
Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities in India are witnessing development...13 September 2019
- Thinking of Getting Insured? Learn About Critical ...
Getting insured under a critical illness plan is as importan...06 September 2019
- Health Insurance Sector Moves Towards Providing a ...
The health insurance sector in India is recognising customer...04 September 2019
- Bite-Sized Health Insurance Policies Best Choice f...
For new customers, small-ticket health insurance plans can b...29 August 2019
- IDBI's Big Collaboration with Max Bupa Health Insu...
Max Bupa Health Insurance and IDBI Bank signed a bancassuran...28 August 2019
- Swaasthaneev-A Joint Initiative of Max Bupa Health...
Max Bupa Health Insurance and Bank of Baroda, under their jo...26 August 2019
- Max Bupa Launches #Sabkisister Campaign to Commemo...
To mark the strong bond between brothers and sisters, Max Bu...15 August 2019
- Max India Sells its 51% Stake in Max Bupa to True ...
Private equity firm True North buys Max India's 51% stake in...18 April 2019
- Max Life to Sell Large Stakes to Axis Bank
Max Life Insurance is on the Max Bupa way to sell its large ...18 April 2019
- Max India Falls Almost 14% After Selling 51% Stake...
Max India's share price plunges almost 14% after the Max-Tru...18 March 2019
- Max India to Exit Health Insurance After Selling i...
Max India may mark its exit from the health insurance field ...18 March 2019