Top Cardiac Care Insurance Plans in India
Updated On Nov 16, 2023
Table of Contents
- Why is it Important to Get Cardiac Care Insurance?
- Coverage Offered Under Cardiac Care Plans
- 10 Best Cardiac Care Insurance Plans in India
- Bajaj Allianz Critical Illness Insurance
- Care Heart Insurance
- Star Cardiac Care Insurance
- ICICI Pru Heart/Cancer Protect Insurance
- Future Generali Heart and Health Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Critical Illness Benefit Plan
- New India Floater Mediclaim
- Max Bupa CritiCare
- Oriental Insurance Individual Mediclaim
- HDFC ERGO Optima Vital
Health insurance is witnessing a significant growth rate as compared to various other insurance products offered by different insurance companies. As people are realising the importance of protection against unforeseen diseases and illnesses, people are buying health insurance plans. According to a report released by the World Health Organisation (WHO), around 45 million people in India suffer from a cardiac condition, and the age for the first heart attack has now come down to less than 50 years.
To safeguard yourselves and your family against rising healthcare expenses, insurance designed specifically for cardiac care has become indispensable.
Why is it Important to Get Cardiac Care Insurance?
In India, most people have become vulnerable to various heart problems because of their bad eating habits, insufficient physical activities, work stress, and sedentary lifestyle. Besides this, the death rate in India is also increasing due to various cardiac health conditions. As the expense of medical treatments has been rising for the past few years, it is recommended to buy a cardiac care insurance policy. It is crucial to get coverage from a top health insurance company to stay protected during an emergency. The health insurance plan will cover your hospital expenses and the cost of the treatment process for the cardiac conditions of the insured person.
With comprehensive coverage for heart-associated treatment and other benefits, these insurance plans provide the best care for your cardiac conditions.
Coverage Offered Under Cardiac Care Plans
Highlighted below are some of the important coverage given under cardiac care plans:
- In-Hospitalisation Expenses: This covers all the expenses that will arise due to hospitalisation treatment for more than 24 hours.
- Pre-Hospitalisation and Post-Hospitalisation Expenses: Healthcare expenditure is not just limited to hospitalisation costs, as it also covers the insured for pre-hospitalisation( generally 30 days) and post-hospitalisation( generally 60 days) expenditure as well.
- Annual Health Check-ups: Some of the insurance plans also offer annual health check-ups for all insured individuals or a specific wellness program that is focused on improving lifestyle habits.
- Domiciliary Hospitalisation: If the condition of an insured individual is worsening, and he can't be taken to the hospital, or in the case when an individual can't find any vacant beds in the healthcare centers or a hospital then he can avail treatment from home. t. I
- Ambulance Expenses: Ambulance expenses are related to the cost which is incurred by the insured person for moving from the place of residence to the hospital.
- Tax Benefits: As per section 80 D of the Income Tax Act, the premiums paid towards health insurance plans for self, spouse, dependent children, and parents are exempt from tax.
10 Best Cardiac Care Insurance Plans in India
The Best cardiac care health insurance policy companies and plans are mentioned in the table below:
Critical Illness Insurance Plan
Care Health Insurance
Care Heart Plan
Star Health Insurance
Star Cardiac Care Plan
ICICI Prudential General Insurance
ICICI Pru Heart/Cancer Protect Plan
Future Generali India
Future Generali Heart and Health Plan
IFFCO Tokio General Insurance
Critical Illness Benefit Plan
The New India Assurance
New India Floater Mediclaim Plan
Max Bupa Health Insurance
Max Bupa CritiCare Plan
Oriental Insurance Company
Individual Mediclaim Plan
HDFC Ergo General Insurance
Optima Vital Health Insurance
The insurance companies and their insurance plans' key features are explained below:
Bajaj Allianz Critical Illness Insurance
If you are looking for a quick solution for all your medical ailments then Bajaj Allianz Critical Illness Plan can be the best choice. Some of the features of this critical illness health insurance plan are:
- Covers a total of 10 critical illnesses including heart attack
- Coverage of expenses incurred in both India and Abroad.
- During the renewal of the policy, the sum insured can be increased.
Care Heart Insurance
This plan is a great option for senior citizens as there is no maximum entry age. However, it has a deductible that varies depending on the plan variant.
- Comprehensive hospitalisation coverage with a deductible option
- Coverage for the family on an individual or floater basis
- Automatic recharge
- Recommended for individuals who have already undergone the cardiac procedure in the past.
Star Cardiac Care Insurance
People who have already undergone some heart procedures in the last 7 years can opt for the Star Cardiac Care Insurance plan. Besides this, it also provides care for personal accidents and other non-cardiac ailments.
- No pre-acceptance medical screening
- Lifelong renewability
- Available in 2 options SILVER and GOLD
- 10% Deductible applicable ONLY for accident and non-cardiac ailments for patients aged 61 years or above.
ICICI Pru Heart/Cancer Protect Insurance
ICICI Pru Heart/Cancer Protect Insurance plan provides coverage for heart disease and/or cancer. It provides a premium waiver for certain minor heart and cancer conditions.
- Separate Sum assured for Heart and Cancer care
- Optional Hospitalization cash benefit of Rs. 5,000 per day
- Optional Income benefit cover of 1% of the sum assured
- Survival period – 7 days for Heart cover. None for Cancer coverage.
Future Generali Heart and Health Insurance
A bundled health and life insurance, this plan has an inbuilt death benefit without any waiting period. It also doubles up as a Life Insurance
- Premium waiver for 5 years upon diagnosis of defined minor and moderate conditions
- Optional return of premium
- Multiple claim benefit
- Optional maturity benefit.
IFFCO Tokio Critical Illness Benefit Plan
The policy comes with lifelong renewal. One policy can cover all family members and has a maximum allowance of Rs 1000 per day. The maximum sum insured is Rs 1 crore, and anyone aged 50 or under can purchase the policy without having to undergo any medical tests.
- Covers major Organ transplant surgeries.
- Covers 25 critical illnesses and surgeries including Heart Attack
- Covers Open heart replacement, surgery of Aorta, and CABG.
- New India Floater Mediclaim
New India Floater Mediclaim
Anyone between the ages of 18 and 65 can buy a policy and is known as a proposer. Children as young as three months old and as old as 25 years old can be covered if they are dependent on the proposer.
- Covers critical diseases including heart attack
- Coverage of a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 6 people
- Any newborn baby to a mother who has been under continuous coverage for 2 years will be covered without any extra premium for all illnesses and injuries till the expiry of the policy.
- Room rent and nursing expenses up to 1% of the insured sum per day and ICU charges up to 2% of the insured sum are covered.
Max Bupa CritiCare
The Max Bupa Criticare Policy is designed specifically for people who have been diagnosed with critical illnesses. The policy comes with the following features:
- Customizable coverage of up to Rs. 2 crore
- The payout for child care benefits.
Oriental Insurance Individual Mediclaim
Oriental Insurance Individual Mediclaim policy is available to anyone between 18 - 70 years of age and offers the following features:
- Lifelong renewals with a maximum sum insured up to Rs 10 lakh.
- Coverage of hospitalisation due to accident, sudden illness, and surgery during the insured period.
- No medical tests for people up to 55 years of age.
HDFC ERGO Optima Vital
This is a critical illness health insurance plan covering the first heart attack. It comes with the following features:
- Critical care covers 37 critical illnesses including heart attack.
- No cover ceasing age.
- Lifelong renewal facility.
There are numerous options available whether a person has already had a procedure for a cardiac ailment or is planning adequate coverage for life's uncertainties. There will be a waiting period in most of the policies, and in the case of fixed benefit policies, a survival period before the benefits kick in. Insured individuals can also avail of tax benefits on the premium amount.