Is Overseas Cost Covered in Your Health Insurance Policy?
Published On Dec 17, 2019 5:30 AM By Yamini Sharma
The quality of medical treatment in India has escalated to a new level. However, when it comes to availing treatment for certain critical illnesses and others, Indians with a high source of income prefer paying for overseas cost.
One of the major reasons why so many people in India don’t mind going abroad for medical treatment is because of technical advancement of a certain level that unfortunately India still lacks. However, the good thing is that India does not lack health insurance policies that offer this particular feature.
Health insurance policies covering overseas costs are of big help for people who want to make the most of technological advancement outside India, but find it difficult to pay for the expenses from their own pocket. Therefore, they choose to go with health insurance policies including overseas cost in their coverage.
By investing in health insurance policies covering expenses incurred on treatment outside India, people get both their motives resolved, first being availing high-quality medical treatment and second being preventing their savings from going down the drain in one go.
If you too are one among countless people who want to get their overseas cost covered under their health insurance policy, go ahead and choose one of the below mentioned health insurance policies by renowned health insurers to get your requirements fulfilled.
Heartbeat Plan - Max Bupa
- Max Bupa’s Heartbeat policy is a reliable and comprehensive cover that one can invest in to ensure financial stability.
- An excellent plan for those above 18 years of age, Heartbeat is available in Individual, Family Floater, and Family First plan options.
- As far as the variants are concerned, each plan type comes with three variants, namely Silver, Gold, and Platinum.
- While the sum insured range options start from Rs. 1 Lakh and go up to Rs. 50 Lakh, the plan is available for lifelong renewal.
- When you take the policy for 2-year term, you become eligible for a 12.5% discount on the second year premium.
- The prime benefits of the cover include emergency medical evacuation, specified illness cover outside India, emergency hospitalisation outside India, and second medical opinion & optional benefit of enhanced geographical scope for international coverage (applicable for Platinum variant only).
To uncover more in detail, check Heartbeat Plan - Max Bupa
ProHealth - Manipal Cigna
- ProHealth policy by Manipal Cigna is one of the best policies that you can rely on to get yourself financially protected no matter how adverse the medical situations get.
- Perfect for those aged 91 days and above, ProHealth by Manipal Cigna is easily available in individual and family floater types.
- Offered in variant types, namely Protect, Plus, Preferred, Premier, and Accumulate, ProHealth policy comes with a wide sum insured range starting from Rs. 2.5 Lakh up to Rs. 100 Lakh.
- While the prime features of the policy include health maintenance benefits, health check-up on every renewal, cumulative bonus, expert opinion on critical illnesses, restoration of sum insured, the policy comes with the excellent feature of covering worldwide protection up to full sum insured in case of an emergency.
To gain detailed information, visit ProHealth - Manipal Cigna
Care - Religare
- Care plan by Religare Health Insurance is yet another comprehensive policy that is designed in support of those who want to get their financial stability intact while dealing with a medical emergency situation and the costs associated with it.
- An affordable policy with 91 days as a minimum entry and no maximum entry age, Religare’s Care policy is available on individual and family floater sum insured basis.
- Offered in variant types, namely Care 3 - Super Saver, Care 4 - Elite, Care 5 - Elite Plus, Care 6 - Global, and Care 7 - Global Plus, the policy is renewable for life.
- While you can choose the benefit of ‘Care Anywhere’ under the policy, optional covers like Global Coverage - Total, Travel Plus, Worldwide Inpatient Cover (for emergency), Worldwide OPD cover, International Second Opinion, Extension of Global Cover, and Air Ambulance Cover are also available.
- Note that the availability of optional cover and associated beneficial features may depend on the plan variant you choose to go with.
Need to uncover more? Explore Care - Religare
Indian Overseas Bank Unveils Health Insurance Policy With Universal Sompo General Insurance
Want to get Covered for Overseas Treatment? Here’s How It’s Possible
If interested in learning more about these plans and others, you can either visit the website or initiate contact with our experts at 18001205698 right away!