How to Check Star Health Insurance Policy Status and Claim Status
Published On Sep 21, 2020 5:30 AM By Sakshi Aggarwal
Star Health & Allied Insurance Co. Ltd is one of the most popular health insurance companies in India. The company was established in the year 2006 and has a presence in more than 550 locations in India where it offers insurance solutions to its customers. The company offers excellent health insurance plans for different sections of the society that are crafted with care. These health insurance policies have all the amenities starting from medical opinion to having a personalised doctor visit. These policies provide you extensive coverage so that you, your family, or your parents can meet the healthcare requirements at an affordable premium.
The company received India's leading Insurance Company of the year award at the Dun & Bradstreet BFSI Summit & Awards 2019. The company has its website as well as ‘Star Power’ application designed to guide the customers to know about its health insurance policies and pay the premium with utmost ease online. Let us now discuss how you can check Star health insurance policy and claim status online.
How to Check Star Health Insurance Policy Status Online
Star health insurance policy status can be checked online in two ways-by using the customer portal or by checking via online ticket.
1. When Using the Customer Portal: To use the customer portal to check the health insurance policy status, you are required to follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of Star Health Insurance. Click on ‘Login’ at the top right to log in to the customer portal. Select ‘Retail Customer’ from the drop-down menu.
- In case you are a new customer, then you are required to register yourself by clicking on ‘Register now’. Enter your personal information after which you will be able to generate an OTP (One Time Password), using which you can access the portal using your email and password. You will get access to a dashboard where you can find all the personal details and Star health insurance policies that you have purchased.
- Click on the policy number. You will see all the details including policy status, enrolment date, and policy period.
2. Check Via Online Ticket: The second way is to use the dedicated ticket platform of Star Health Insurance. There you can raise any query without discussing your problem in detail with the customer service representative. You can select a particular query online and submit it. In case you have purchased the policy but it has not been generated, then you can visit https://www.starhealth.in/claims and follow these steps:
- Enter your name in the ‘Contact Name’ field in the Ticket Information field. The name should match the name you entered at the time of policy purchase.
- Select ‘Policy not generated’ on the subcategory from the drop-down list. In the next field, select the mode in which you purchased the policy. Next, enter if it is a renewal or a new policy.
- Select if you received the policy in hard copy or soft copy format.
- In the CPU field, enter the area where you live. This will make it easy to access your query. Enter all the personal details as asked. Then click ‘Submit’.
How to Check Star Health Insurance Policy Status Offline
Star health insurance policy status can be checked offline in two ways-via phone call or by visiting the nearest branch.
- Check Via Phone Call: If you are unable to access Start Health Insurance policies online, then you can opt for offline mode as well. You can call the insurer on the toll-free customer care numbers 18004252255/18001024477 anytime in order to get your queries solved. If you call them, then the customer care executives will quickly provide you the solutions, provided you have your policy number handy.
- Visit the Nearest Branch: You can also visit the nearest branch office of Star Health Insurance to know the status of your health insurance policy. You will be required to have your policy document ready. All you need to do is share your policy number with the concerned authority and he/she will provide you the status within the stipulated time.
How to Check Star Health Insurance Claim Status
Checking Star Health Insurance claim status is no rocket science. In case you have submitted a claim recently under your health insurance policy, then you can check the claim status via portal login on https://www.starhealth.in/claims. Enter your intimation number and ID card number on the web page. Click on ‘Get Claim Status’.
In case you are unable to check your claim status online, then you may connect with the claims helpdesk via call. Click on ‘Claims Helpdesk’ on the link and you will get a list of phone numbers of all zonal as well as corporate offices. This will help you reach the helpdesk on the basis of your place of residence.
Similar to the process of checking the policy status, you can also check your health insurance claim status by visiting the nearest branch and sharing requirements with the concerned authority. All you need to do is share the intimation number and the ID card number and you will get to know the status within a few minutes.
In case you still have any doubts or queries regarding how to check Star health insurance policy and claim status online or offline, then you can get in touch with the customer care executives at InsuranceDekho and they will solve your queries in no time.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.