Advantages of Buying Health Insurance from HDFC Ergo
Updated On Jan 20, 2021
HDFC Ergo General Insurance is a joint venture(51:49) between HDFC Ltd and Ergo. Being the third-largest private general insurance company, it has a 6.2% market share and provides insurance products such as health, travel, motor, personal accident, home, cyber insurance, and so on in the retail space. While, they offer Marine, Property and Life Insurance and other customized products in the corporate space via its 203 branches networked across 170 cities.
When it comes to health insurance, HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company offers a wide variety of insurance-related products such as custom made policies for families, individuals, senior citizens, and parents. Many tailor-made solutions are also offered to customers for personal accidents and critical illnesses.
Top HDFC Ergo General Insurance Health Plans
A wide range of health insurance policies is offered by HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company to its customers. Highlighted below are some of the top plans offered by HDFC Ergo:
1. Critical Illness Plan: This critical illness health insurance plan by HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company offers coverage for up to 15 critical illnesses including heart attack, cancer, kidney failure, paralysis, etc. No medical check-up is required for up to the age of 45 years in order to buy the plan. Also, this plan comes with an option of lifetime renewability.
2. My Health Women Suraksha Plan: My health women Suraksha plan by HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company is available for customers in three variants i.e. Women CI Essential Plan, Women CI Comprehensive Plan, and Women Cancer Plus Plan. This plan offers cover for major illnesses, preventive health check-ups, cancer, cardiac ailments, surgical procedures, etc. Coverage for pregnancy and childbirth complications is also offered for up to 25% of the sum insured which is subject to Rs 5 lakhs(maximum).
3. My Health Medisure Classic Insurance Plan: My health measure classic insurance plan by HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company provides cover for pre-hospitalisation expenses, in-patient expenses, post-hospitalisation expenses, daycare procedures, maternity cover, ayurvedic treatment, etc. Under this plan, there is no restriction on the entry age which means complete coverage for your children up to the age of 23 years is offered.
Benefits of HDFC Ergo Health Insurance Plans
Highlighted below are the benefits of a health insurance plan by HDFC Ergo General Insurance:
1. Free of Cost Health Check-Up: Insured members of HDFC Ergo Health Insurance Policies are eligible for a free health check-up, once the renewal of the plan is done and within the next 60 days thereon with the insurance provider.
2. Lifetime Renewability Option: HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company’s health insurance plans can be availed with the lifetime renewability option.
3. No Medical Test Required: In case an individual is less than 45 years in age and is also healthy, then most of the health insurance plans offered by HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company can be availed without going for any medical check up.
4. No Restriction on Entry Age: Individuals who are at least 18 years in age are eligible to purchase HDFC Ergo health insurance plans. Health insurance plans are offered by the insurance company to individuals in all age groups.
5. High Claim Settlement Ratio: A high claim settlement ratio has been featured by the HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company in recent years. By the way of delivering an easy, affordable, and consistent service, the insurance company has won the trust of many customers.
6. Good Customer Support Service: Customers of HDFC Ergo General Insurance company can avail of assistance from the customer support team of the insurance company 24*7. The in-house claim team of the insurance company works round the clock to offer an easy claim settlement process to all the policyholders during the time of need.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.