4 Popular Women Health Insurance Plans of 2020 You can Buy Online
Updated On Mar 16, 2021
To achieve beauty, a woman must first achieve health!
Women health insurance has finally gained the much-desired importance in our country. After ignoring their health for many years, countless women have started showing concern about their health and financial stability. As a result, many health insurance companies have come up with policies that ensure women remain healthy and financial stable.
Health Insurance Plans for Women
Health insurance plans for women in India are now being designed to cater to the specific financial and medical requirements of women. With many plan options available, women are, at last, feeling free to prefer their health over their financial status.
If you too have been in search of ideal women health insurance for years, now is the time!
If you have always preferred saving money over your health, get ready to make a big change!
You may also like to read: Health insurance for Women? Why it is a must?
We have prepared a list of four prime health insurance plans for women you can buy in 2020. With these plans, you can get your particular medical requirements easily met without having to become a financial burden on anyone.
Prime Women Health Insurance Plans in 2020
Highlighted below are some of the best women health insurance plans that you can buy online:
1. Women Specific Critical Illness Insurance
- Provided by Bajaj Allianz
- Covers medical expenses for critical illnesses (Critical illness is a life-threatening disease such as Cancer, Stroke, Heart Attack and more)
- Being a female-oriented plan, it covers the insured against the risk of 8 specific critical illnesses that affect women: Breast Cancer, Uterine/Cervical Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Fallopian Tube Cancer, Vaginal Cancer, Multitrauma, Burns, and Permanent Paralysis of Limbs.
- The policy gives a lump sum amount on diagnosis
- Eligibility age range - 21 years to 65 years
- Sum insured options range between Rs. 50,000 and Rs. 2 Lakh
- Benefits - Loss of job benefit, child education bonus, congenital disability benefit, etc.
More in detail about the plan at Women Specific Critical Illness Insurance - Bajaj Allianz.
- Provided by Religare
- A good option for hospitalisation and maternity health insurance
- Covers new born baby expenses too
- Available in two variants - Joy Today (3 Lakh/5Lakh, maternity waiting period - 9 months, tenure - 3 years) & Joy Tomorrow (3 Lakh/5Lakh, maternity waiting period - 24 months, tenure - 1/2/3 years)
- New born baby birth defects covered under Joy Tomorrow
- Eligibility age range - Day 1 up to 65 years
- Sum insured options - Rs. 3 Lakh and Rs. 5 Lakh
- Benefits - Inpatient care (room rent, boarding, ICU charges, nursing expenses), day care, pre & post hospitalisation, and an optional cover of No Claim Bonanza
Detailed information about the policy available at Joy - Religare Health Insurance.
3. Wellsurance Women
- Provided by TATA AIG Health Insurance
- A combination of fixed benefit and indemnity plan
- Most expenses are provided as a lump sum benefit, while ambulance charges are covered on an indemnity basis
- Available in three variants - Classic (Basic variant with ICU benefit - Rs.3000 per day), Supreme (ICU benefit - Rs.4500 per day) and Elite (High coverage variant with ICU benefit - Rs.6000 per day)
- Covers 11 critical illnesses including Cancer, First Heart Attack, Kidney Failure, Stroke, Coma, CABG, Major Organ Transplant, Major Burns, Total Blindness, Multiple Sclerosis, and Paralysis
- Eligibility age range - 18 years up to 65 years
- Benefits - Coverage for critical illnesses, higher hospital cash for ICU/ICCU admissions, daily hospital cash benefit, cosmetic reconstruction surgery benefit for accidental injuries, and convalescence benefit, for post hospitalisation treatment
Discover more about the plan at Wellsurance Women by TATA AIG Health Insurance.
4. Health Gain Policy
- Provided by Reliance General Insurance
- Available on individual and family floater sum insured basis
- Cover for an extended family including siblings, grandparents is also available
- Available in two variants - Plan A (Sum Insured: Rs. 3 Lakh, Rs. 6 Lakh, Rs. 9 Lakh) and Plan B (Sum Insured: Rs. 12 Lakh, Rs. 15 Lakh, Rs. 18 Lakh)
- Policy available on easy installments
- Eligibility age range - 91 days up to 65 years
- 5% premium discount for a girl child or a single woman
- Reinstatement of policy with a base sum insured after exhaustion
- Cumulative bonus at the end of a claim-free year
- 5% or 10% family discount with an individual policy
- Benefits - Inpatient treatment, day care treatment, domestic road ambulance, pre & post hospitalisation, donor expenses, domiciliary hospitalisation, etc.
To discover detailed information about the policy, check Health Gain by Reliance General Insurance.
Things to Remember while Buying Health Insurance Plan for Women
Various types of health insurance policies are available for all women so an individual might get confused at the time of buying a policy. Although, these insurance policies are designed only after taking into consideration all women specific health problems and diseases, yet should only buy the one that completely meets all your needs.
Generally, at the time of purchasing an insurance plan, you begin by calculating the premium, policy duration, and benefits associated with the plan, but while talking about the women’s health insurance plan, the factors and needs are a little different.
If you are woman, you need to keep the below mentioned things in mind while buying a health insurance plan for yourself:
Type of insurance Plan
Begin, by checking whether the insurance plan is women-specific or not. The optimum insurance plan for women should offer coverage for maternity cover and reproductive health care.
If you are planning your pregnancy, then there are specific women-specific insurance plans which provide maternity shields for women. There are a few insurance companies that offer maternity coverage, however, all of them come with a pre-decided waiting period. Therefore, it is recommended that you should purchase a separate insurance plan that includes just maternity.
You should look for an insurance provider that provides a good claim settlement ratio and a simple claim process. Considering both these factors at the time of buying an insurance plan would provide you peace of mind and quick and hassle-free reimbursement at the time of need.
Keep a Check on Inflation
In case you do not have sufficient insurance coverage, then during the time of emergency, there is a possibility of wiping off your entire savings in order to meet the high medical bills, thus, leaving you completely in debt. Therefore, keeping in mind the alarming inflation rate, it is extremely important to have an adequate health insurance plan to secure yourself financially.
Do not go For a Cheap Option
At the time of purchasing health insurance plans online, you will find various health insurance plans offered by different insurance companies. While comparing different insurance policies, you will find that certain insurance policies are cheaper as compared to others. However, the coverage provided for them is not adequate. In case of any unforeseen medical emergency, you wish to avoid financial problems, then you should go for a comprehensive health insurance policy and not the cheapest available option. As later, you can always get back NCB or you can also save your premiums paid towards health insurance through features like health returns.
Medical emergencies can arise anytime leaving you in financial stress. Therefore, in order to save yourself from the worries of the unfortunate, you should opt for a health insurance plan with sufficient medical coverage.
Buy Insurance Plan Early
It is suggested that you should purchase your insurance plan when you are still young. The reason behind it is that at the early stage of your life, you are healthy and fit, thus you can enjoy high coverage at a lower premium rate. However, as you start getting old, the premium amount will increase alongside the health risks related to your health. Alos, today girls of the age around 15 years are suffering from various health complications like thyroid and hormonal imbalance and many insurance plans today have a waiting period of around 2-5 years for pre-existing illness. Therefore, it is significant to purchase insurance cover when you are young.
Check Additional Services
Apart from other health benefits associated with health plans for women, some insurance companies also provide free healthcare check-ups and various add-on covers that are beneficial for women, who are likely to suffer from illness after a specific age.
Women health insurance is gaining popularity each day. Make sure you choose one of the best health insurance plans for women as per your medical needs and welcome health and financial protection.
Read: The Need for Preventive Health Check-Up Among Women
To get any of your doubts cleared, give us a call at 18001205698.
Always remember, your health is an investment, not an expense!